Frustrating to park it all winter

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
If there's a blizzard, then nobody should be on the road. Otherwise, it's all good. Car's rust, it's what they do. Sure, some are lowered to the ground on summer tires and massive superchargers, but I was unstoppable with Blizzaks and Snow Mode yesterday. Snow over ice? Like a dry summer's day. There's always the exceptions, but 80%+ of the USA is driveable during an average winter in a modern car. The Buffalo, NY crowd, the Denver CO crowd, it makes sense to park it. Everyone else? Get out and drive.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Ebm

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I just don't want rust to ever grace my mass produced depreciation machine. It's ugly, and since I work on my own stuff I don't want to see or experience it if I don't have to 🤔
I don't drive in a blizzard in any vehicle. The snow storm that put almost 4 feet of snow on the northeast was crazy. My rule of thumb for myself down here in these parts is if your car is going to act like a plow where the front end is pushing snow, don't drive it. It's easier to drive a car low to the ground down here because we don't see but 1 or 2 snow days a year if that. Most of the time it is just a little bit cold.

If you drive it, chances are the vehicle will eventually see some rust. Rust is a good hide and seek player that's for sure. Its alias is cancer.

You aren't the only one that works on your vehicles. I'd say lots of us on this forum do. I do all my own work on both of mine. I have a 90s Jeep that has a little rust, not to mention, every part on that thing that I've had to replace was fighting me all the way because of rust, age, dirt, grime, etc. Electric and air tools make everything so much easier as long as the bolt isn't too far gone and snaps or rounds off.

I have the same mentality as @Reddirocket27 above. I agree.

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Here in south Florida I put my car away for the whole winter, which is roughly 4 days :crackup:
It’s probably the longest 4 days of the year!

I try and drive the Fusion to work some days, just to save on the wear and tear of the Mustang.... but normally by the time I reach the on ramp I regret not driving the Mustang.

Sponsored

Massman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2004 Explorer Sport Trac, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'm in W. MA and just put up the Bullitt for the winter. Breaks my heart but this car doesn't need to see winter. Plus the Michelin Pilot Cup 2s are not very good in the cold. Plus just got 14" of snow yesterday. :-)

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
It's January 17. Last time I drove it was Dec 30, and that was only basically a spin around the block. Not sure if I drove it any other days in December. I'm on here every day looking at Mustang stuff and between the normal winter blues and the covid I'm going freaking crazy, it's still clean from the last wash in maybe October and just sits there mocking me in the garage. It's not fun to drive it carefully so unless it's 45F or warmer it's just not worth it, the tires are hard as a rock. Jan and Feb are definitely always the worst 2 months for opportunities to drive it, and March is usually no picnic either, 2 years ago we got 6-7" of snow on the first day of spring. AAAGGGHHHH!

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Shit...drive that bitch all winter.....I do...we dont get snow and I would pass on the snow but other than that dont park it ...drive the bitch ...I drive it at 28-34 degrees all the dam time....its a car for Christ sake....

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I used to drive my cars all year round, even drove a Viper, a Vette and S2000 in the winter. The Viper doesn't have side windows or door handles, so it's extra challenging. It was really hard to find winter wheels and tires for that sucker, too.

But, I don't drive anything very much any more. So, I did not want to bother with getting wheels and snow tires for a car I may drive 30 miles in the next 3 months.

Sponsored

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
I put both of mine away for the winter in a heated warehouse. I bought the Cobra new and it's only seen bad weather maybe once. The Cobra is quickly becoming a collectors car and increasing in value. I bought the 2016 just this year with 2,000 miles on it. It looks immaculate and I'd like to keep it looking good. Black cars look awesome, but they are a lot of work if you don't keep them out of the weather. I miss them in the winter, but I also have 2 AWD BMWs with 500 HP to drive in the winter.

I do think a regular GT will increase in value many years down the road if it is kept in great condition. Look what it costs to buy a used fox body in great condition. They were a dime a dozen back in the 90s. Today it's hard to find a nice one. You have to search for that one that was stored in the winters and kept out of the weather.

storedforwinter.png

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
I put both of mine away for the winter in a heated warehouse. I bought the Cobra new and it's only seen bad weather maybe once. The Cobra is quickly becoming a collectors car and increasing in value. I bought the 2016 just this year with 2,000 miles on it. It looks immaculate and I'd like to keep it looking good. Black cars look awesome, but they are a lot of work if you don't keep them out of the weather. I miss them in the winter, but I also have 2 AWD BMWs with 500 HP to drive in the winter.

I do think a regular GT will increase in value many years down the road if it is kept in great condition. Look what it costs to buy a used fox body in great condition. They were a dime a dozen back in the 90s. Today it's hard to find a nice one. You have to search for that one that was stored in the winters and kept out of the weather.

storedforwinter.png
Beautiful Cobra! Congrats

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I have too much money wrapped up in this thing to drive it in the winter with the sh*t they put on the roads and potentially f*ck it up. Although this year hasn't been too bad so far, this thing is just a toy and I have other cars to use for a daily and winter stuff.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Florida is awesome in the winter. Pretty ridiculously hot in the summer though. I drive mine every day.

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It was in the 30's here on Long Island N.Y. and I was driving mine around today. I don't put anything away for winter. If there is no snow on the ground it is getting driven.
Sponsored