Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
You're better off just letting sit untouched for the whole winter than to start it up every couple of weeks. Spend 40 bucks and get yourself a battery tender to keep the battery topped off and it should start right up in the spring.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I've considered doing just that. In the end it's a compromise - on days where it's above freezing and there's no salt on the road, I'll take it out for a spin.
I drove a Mustang GT all year in S.W. Michigan. I drive my current car all year here in NoVa (admittedly, very little snow) too. Being below freezing means nothing.

They're cars, not toys. Not investments, they don't appreciate in value.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
......75lbs of kitty litter or rock salt in trunk.....
No, don't do this. It's completely un-necessary, these cars have plenty of weight over the rear end..

Good winter (Snow & Mud tires for heavy snow areas) is all that is needed.

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
Here in SW Ohio it is hit and miss on snow. I just run Continental DWS06's square and mind my p's and q's in inclement weather. It's not rocket surgery. Touchless carwash with underbody spray as needed.

What I don't like is having to park the motorcycle.

Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
I can't grasp the concept of parking a car due to weather . But then again , maybe that is why I live in Arizona.

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
78CF3A1E-BE5A-4FCA-A87C-44D8DE75FD9F.jpeg
Just rearranging the shop this morning, get everything in it’s place for the winter.

I’m 50 miles west of Boston, last year our first storm of the season was December 3-4 and we got 2 feet of snow. Hoping this winter isn’t as bad.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Here in Minneapolis we have plenty of snow and cold. However, there are days during the winter where the roads are perfectly dry. On those days, the Mustang gets some exercise. I wouldn't dream of just parking mine for months at a time.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
78CF3A1E-BE5A-4FCA-A87C-44D8DE75FD9F.jpeg
Just rearranging the shop this morning, get everything in it’s place for the winter.

I’m 50 miles west of Boston, last year our first storm of the season was December 3-4 and we got 2 feet of snow. Hoping this winter isn’t as bad.
Bad ass svt .

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Here around Cleveland the weather is just right for salt use in the winter and having grown up here and lived 47 of my 54 years here, I've seen first hand what salt and moisture will do to a car. I don't care how many times you wash it, there cracks and crevices that the salt and moisture will get into and you can never get it out completely. If you want your car to look pristine and remain rust free, your only choice is to park it every winter.

Some of the local cities around here have switched over to a brine solution and it's even worse than traditional rock salt.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Here around Cleveland the weather is just right for salt use in the winter and having grown up here and lived 47 of my 54 years here, I've seen first hand what salt and moisture will do to a car. I don't care how many times you wash it, there cracks and crevices that the salt and moisture will get into and you can never get it out completely. If you want your car to look pristine and remain rust free, your only choice is to park it every winter.

Some of the local cities around here have switched over to a brine solution and it's even worse than traditional rock salt.
This is reason #1 why I park it for the winter. Either I'll keep it a long time and want it to stay clean and rust free as long as possible, or I'll need to sell and want it to stay clean and rust free as long as possible. Reason #2 is probably a combination of being both lazy and a neat freak... I can't stand to see it dirty and less opportunities to wash it the way I want to in the winter.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I can't grasp the concept of parking a car due to weather . But then again , maybe that is why I live in Arizona.
...and this is one reason the wife and I want to retire to Arizona!

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
...and this is one reason the wife and I want to retire to Arizona!
Only advise look at central AZ . Snow in the north and hot as heck in the south . I'm right in the middle . I mean right in the middle of the state . Check out the Sedona /Verde Valley area .

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
When I lived in the midwest for 40 years I didn't even consider a Mustang because of the weather.

When I retired early and moved to Florida it was pretty much when the last and greatest generation of Mustang was hitting the show room floors.

Got a beautiful one in ruby red and have driven the sucker every day for the last 6 years, lol. Weather here in NE Florida rarely gets below 50 and we are in the 70's into the early part of January.

TC

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Only advise look at central AZ . Snow in the north and hot as heck in the south . I'm right in the middle . I mean right in the middle of the state . Check out the Sedona /Verde Valley area .
That's right where we were thinking so it's good to hear that's a reasonable choice. Went to Phoenix for 4th of July a couple years ago... when you get back to the hotel at midnight and the car thermometer still says it's 104F out, yikes. Wife never wants to see a snowflake again so Flagstaff's out. But we went to Sedona and loved it.
Sponsored