First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
I'm a personal believer in 'full send' lol
IMG_1415.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg
IMG_6580.jpeg

p.s. going out to install my snow tires right now.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
IM curious how many of you paid 2k plus for winter setups and then park it all winter cause you wont go in snow or on salted roads or in the cold? LOL

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
IM curious how many of you paid 2k plus for winter setups and then park it all winter cause you wont go in snow or on salted roads or in the cold? LOL
I'm still trying to figure the tire change thing

Sponsored

Juantrickpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
15GTPP
Not me. I love the look of the PP wheels but they could be used as boat anchors they’re so heavy. So winter wheels they are. Plus the OE P-zeros were probably the worst tires I’ve ever had. Lighter wheels and better tires was money well spent if you ask me.

No snow yet but there’s a winter storm warning in effect for this week. Can’t wait!

Pic from last year at work...

B68E2B1B-96D8-40EF-815A-CDB8D546B3CA.jpeg

Last edited:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I have a winter setup, but I don't drive in snow or on salted slushy roads - that's why I have my 15-year-old 245k-mile 4x4 truck.

But, on a cold clear day, the performance winter tires rip right along regardless of the temperature and don't have an issue with any icy spots I may come across..

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
I'm also from the 'burgh, and although the winters here have been much milder the past few years, I got into the habit back in 1985 and have been doing it ever since. Probably why the '85 GT is such a show stopper! Just look at the situation as part of the change in seasons. You'll just appreciate it that much more when April rolls around!

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
The Mustang sits in the garage all winter because of having a truck for a DD. It's the definition of garage queen - it always looks nice because I never drive it unless the roads are dry, and it rains in Pittsburgh all the time (when it's not snowing). But it SUCKS looking at it sitting there doing nothing from November till April. I'll start it up for a few minutes while plowing snow in the driveway but that's about it. When money it tight the feeling is "damn, why I am making payments for it to sit there?" The rest of the time it's "damn, I can't wait to be able to drive it with the windows down again!" Today I put the winter wheels and tires on my wife's car as the Mustang was sitting there all quiet and shiny, and it was so frustrating thinking that it's gonna be months before being able to smell the warm fresh spring air as I'm cruising around looking at all the buds popping up on the trees. RRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! Wife and I are moving to Arizona as soon as we retire!
What part of town are you in, Mike? Perhaps I will slide my way over there after I get the snows on and we get a good snow. Take you for a ride. Dave

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
What part of town are you in, Mike? Perhaps I will slide my way over there after I get the snows on and we get a good snow. Take you for a ride. Dave
Hey Dave I'm in Irwin, but no need to demonstrate how good the tires perform, I'll take your word for it LOL! Maybe see you at a cruise this spring when they all start opening up again.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Mine was parked for the long MN winter until we got a bonus day over the holiday weekend in the mid-50s, so my fun cars got to come out. Everybody else thought the same thing apparently, lots of cars and bikes out.

It's over now though, back to 30s for highs. :frown:

Phil_Werrell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Here in Cali I won’t even take the car out in the rain... going to use the next couple “rainy months” to get everything on point for spring time. Use the winter downtime to your advantage!

Looking forward to Pony’s at the Pike 2021!
And here I am in the rust belt with winter tires on the gt350 planning on dailying this thing with a cermic coat.

My philosophy is the car is a depreciating asset, no amount of babying the thing will increase it's value. At the end of the day it isn't a McLaren F1 it's a mustang, it's mean to be driven.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
And here I am in the rust belt with winter tires on the gt350 planning on dailying this thing with a cermic coat.

My philosophy is the car is a depreciating asset, no amount of babying the thing will increase it's value. At the end of the day it isn't a McLaren F1 it's a mustang, it's mean to be driven.
Maybe so, but one of the three 4WD/AWD vehicles in the fleet is a far better DD choice for me in Minnesota....

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Winter? Park it? Nah son, ain't got time for that.

Got me some meats for the cold season and ready to roll. Now I won't take it out in more than a couple of inches of snow (and even then it's only to go slide around my neighborhood for some fun), but just because it's cold and/or rainy doesn't mean I can't drive it.

1606761618068.png

Phil_Werrell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Maybe so, but one of the three 4WD/AWD vehicles in the fleet is a far better DD choice for me in Minnesota....
I used to think the same, but unless there is so much snow the mustang can't clear it this car with winter tires bests my Jeep Cherokee 4x4 anyday of the week.
Sponsored