Sponsored

Front (?) suspension rattle

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
So I have a rattle that I think comes from somewhere in front suspension.
I mostly hear it during low speeds and light bumps, at higher speeds it actually is completely gone.

I did go and check all exhaust clamps (have Solo Performance Max XV) and that's not it and it also doesn't seem to be in contact with anything else.

Shock tower bolts are all tight, car has Konis and other than the suspension is stock. Any ideas where to look ?

(mileage is 17k so nothing extraordinary).
Sponsored

Burger2002

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Do you have caster/camber plates on you car? Or are you still rocking the stock spring retainers on the top of your Konis?

OP
OP
kz

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Do you have caster/camber plates on you car? Or are you still rocking the stock spring retainers on the top of your Konis?
No camber / caster plates. I believe the spring retainer are stock.

I just spent another hour under the car, pulling / pushing and shaking things, carefully trying to not shake car off the lift. Nothing. All bolts I could get to are tight, no play that I could detect in any of the suspension components, sway bar bushings look good to me. Don't know where else to look - but I have a feeling whatever clunks, it's when suspension gets unloaded (depression in the road) - for example I am coming off the curb driving out of my driveway.

chinatercel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same issue. Mine's all stock. Even wierder for me, it only happens on hot days. Took the car to the dealer 5 times and they still couldn't figure it out.

PICANTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost pp
Subbed, I have the same issue

OP
OP
kz

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Not sure if that is going to be helpful be this was loose front swaybar links. I wasn't pushing on it hard enough to notice it in my garage, they used pry bar in the shop and found it right away. No clue why they were loose.
Sponsored