front-seat side-impact airbags in 2015 vert

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
I want to buy a set of leather take off seats for a 2015 vert but it specifies for models without front seat side airbags. My seats have no tag on the front seats that indicate it has front seat airbags, would it be fair to assume I am OK to buy the leather take off seats?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Redraven571

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
No one?

HBTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Look on the plastic seatbelt guide on the shoulder of the seat. That's where mine says "airbag".

OP
OP
Redraven571

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Look on the plastic seatbelt guide on the shoulder of the seat. That's where mine says "airbag".
Thanks for the reply, mine does as well, so looks like no leather seats for the time being.

OP
OP
Redraven571

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
The thing that really confuses me is that it seems as though side air bags were a standard feature on all 2015 Mustangs, verts and coupes, so I'm having a hard time understanding how there can be take-off leather seat covers with and without side airbags? :shrug:

PS - On the Katzkin site, they don't make any distinction.

Sponsored

jkbarnett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 Guard Convertible
Actually you tell Katzkin when you order you need them for a vert. They will send you covers setup for the side air bags.

OP
OP
Redraven571

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Actually you tell Katzkin when you order you need them for a vert. They will send you covers setup for the side air bags.
Thanks. I just mentioned Katzkin because I have looked there before; these are leather take-offs for a 2015 vert.

I guess my real question has been: are there actually 2015 verts without side air bags? I'd like to get the take off seats but don't want to circumvent any safety features.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Thanks. I just mentioned Katzkin because I have looked there before; these are leather take-offs for a 2015 vert.

I guess my real question has been: are there actually 2015 verts without side air bags? I'd like to get the take off seats but don't want to circumvent any safety features.
I would be very shocked if there were, all premiums came standard with the side airbags... maybe a question for FordService.

OP
OP
Redraven571

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I would be very shocked if there were, all premiums came standard with the side airbags... maybe a question for FordService.
Ford Service confirmed that "all 2015 Mustangs came standard with dual front airbags & side-impact airbags."

So, not sure where the with/without airbags distinction is coming from... :headbonk:

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ford Service confirmed that "all 2015 Mustangs came standard with dual front airbags & side-impact airbags."

So, not sure where the with/without airbags distinction is coming from... :headbonk:
Redraven571 is correct, cbrookre. All 2015 Mustangs came standard with the following airbags:

— Driver Knee Airbag
— Driver/Passenger Side-Impact Airbags
— Dual Front Airbags
— Side Curtain Airbags (Fastback only)

Hope this helps.

Deysha

Sponsored
OP
OP
Redraven571

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Redraven571 is correct, cbrookre. All 2015 Mustangs came standard with the following airbags:

— Driver Knee Airbag
— Driver/Passenger Side-Impact Airbags
— Dual Front Airbags
— Side Curtain Airbags (Fastback only)

Hope this helps.

Deysha
[MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] Thanks for the confirmation, Deysha. Would it be safe to assume that a set of leather seats taken from a 2015 Mustang convertible would be applicable to any 2015 Mustang convertible?

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
The seat mounted side impact airbags are different between the vert and the coupe. So if these are leathers take-offs from a coupe they wouldn't be compatible with your vert.
Not sure what page in the 2015 manual but on page 40 in my 2017 manual it shows a pic that illustrates how the verts have an extra airbag in the seat to cover your head. The coupe has the curtain airbag for that protection.
Coupe
E152533_EUR.jpg

Vert
E174777_EUR.jpg

OP
OP
Redraven571

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
The seat mounted side impact airbags are different between the vert and the coupe. So if these are leathers take-offs from a coupe they wouldn't be compatible with your vert.
Not sure what page in the 2015 manual but on page 40 in my 2017 manual it shows a pic that illustrates how the verts have an extra airbag in the seat to cover your head. The coupe has the curtain airbag for that protection.
Coupe
E152533_EUR.jpg

Vert
E174777_EUR.jpg
Thanks, that's what is confusing, they are identified as take offs from a 2015 vert but without side airbags. :shrug:

I'm thinking the seller may be confused but also is selling 2 other sets of take offs leathers from 2015 coupes, one states with airbags, one states without airbags. :shrug::shrug:

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
[MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] Thanks for the confirmation, Deysha. Would it be safe to assume that a set of leather seats taken from a 2015 Mustang convertible would be applicable to any 2015 Mustang convertible?
You’re very welcome, Redraven571!

That is something you will need to address with your Ford Dealer. I can’t recommend any aftermarket changes for any vehicle.

Deysha

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Thanks, that's what is confusing, they are identified as take offs from a 2015 vert but without side airbags. :shrug:

I'm thinking the seller may be confused but also is selling 2 other sets of take offs leathers from 2015 coupes, one states with airbags, one states without airbags. :shrug::shrug:
Perhaps he means he's also selling the airbags with the take offs??? I know it's a stretch but you would think someone in the takeoffs business would be knowledgeable enough to know that all Mustangs have side airbags. (I mean aside from perhaps the cheapest of cheap econo cars, every new car has side airbags and has had them for a while).
Sponsored