PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
i couldnt see prices on the website, how much are they roughly?
Tim, depends on what you get. I opted for slimline chrome powder coated without clear covers front and back. $277 including postage. Just front would be half I guess. Certainly not cheap but look smick, especially without covers, in my opinion.
Sponsored

Konaboii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Tim, depends on what you get. I opted for slimline chrome powder coated without clear covers front and back. $277 including postage. Just front would be half I guess. Certainly not cheap but look smick, especially without covers, in my opinion.

thanks for that Peter

damn thats kinda pricey!! shattered, was hoping for $200-$240 max with covers. rough.

i dont doubt the quality is there plus id be after it with front and back with covers, still might get it in JAN we'll see. cheers again

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
thanks for that Peter

damn thats kinda pricey!! shattered, was hoping for $200-$240 max with covers. rough.

i dont doubt the quality is there plus id be after it with front and back with covers, still might get it in JAN we'll see. cheers again
Well Tim, you might balance out the price of covers against my getting chrome powder coating which you probably would not go for if you are having covers. Here is a pic of my fronts. You should be able to pull up the prices on the website though.
Lakin Plates.jpg

Konaboii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Well Tim, you might balance out the price of covers against my getting chrome powder coating which you probably would not go for if you are having covers. Here is a pic of my fronts. You should be able to pull up the prices on the website though.
Lakin Plates.jpg

fair enough, nothing seems to work on the website for me looks like its stuck on the front page saying hes on break but could be my computer, will continue to look into this

tuf50L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order pending
So looks like Lakin Plates is gone permanently.

What are the options in 2022?

Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
So looks like Lakin Plates is gone permanently.

What are the options in 2022?
Yes, unfortunately Philip passed away last year according to another post I saw.

Probably the only option is to get a plastic Kingpin bracket from Autobarn and bend it to shape.

Reactions: PKs

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, G6ET, 2016 Mustang
Yes, unfortunately Philip passed away last year according to another post I saw.

Probably the only option is to get a plastic Kingpin bracket from Autobarn and bend it to shape.
Very sad news to hear of the passing of Phil, was a great person to deal with. My lakins have been on my car for six years, still as good as the day they were fitted, craftmanship second to no-one.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

I had the plastic Kingpin holders from the start (dealer fitted) and they were fine and functional and were hardly visible behind the plates. From memory they did bend to conform to the front bumper.
When I changed to slimline plates I also changed to Lakins which were expensive but worth it for their quality fit and finish. If I was ever at the point of upgrading to a newer model Mustang (Gen 7) I would likely swap back to the Kingpins and keep the Lakins for the new car.
Sponsored