Front License Plate Bracket - Sto or No Sho

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
The sto-n-sho mounts to the center bolt that holds the front spoiler in place. The bracket puts the plate directly in front of the grill just above the front spoiler.
It has been posted here "This places the plate so that it partially blocks airflow to the AC condenser/radiator. Has anybody noticed changes to engine temperature after installation?".

There is another bracket "Craig's bracket" that is attached to the underside of the bumper such that the license plate is in front of the bumper pretty much in the place it would be if you had the dealer screw the plate into the bumper (shudder).

I am wondering if the sto-n-sho mounts could instead be mounted under the bumper like Craig's bracket as long as you're okay with drilling the two holes on the underside of the bumper (out of view).

Any ideas about all this would be appreciated and yes I live in one of the states (NYS) that requires the front plate.
Sponsored

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
The sto-n-sho mounts to the center bolt that holds the front spoiler in place. The bracket puts the plate directly in front of the grill just above the front spoiler.
It has been posted here "This places the plate so that it partially blocks airflow to the AC condenser/radiator. Has anybody noticed changes to engine temperature after installation?".

There is another bracket "Craig's bracket" that is attached to the underside of the bumper such that the license plate is in front of the bumper pretty much in the place it would be if you had the dealer screw the plate into the bumper (shudder).

I am wondering if the sto-n-sho mounts could instead be mounted under the bumper like Craig's bracket as long as you're okay with drilling the two holes on the underside of the bumper (out of view).

Any ideas about all this would be appreciated and yes I live in one of the states (NYS) that requires the front plate.
What about the tow hook one?

OP
OP
hbash

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
What about the tow hook one?
According to the build list for my car, it doesn't come with a hook tow. Not sure if that just means no hook or the threaded female for it too. Also, what bracket do you recommend if it does have the female threading?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
According to the build list for my car, it doesn't come with a hook tow. Not sure if that just means no hook or the threaded female for it too. Also, what bracket do you recommend if it does have the female threading?
ZL1 addons or Raceseng can help you with one

Sponsored

OP
OP
hbash

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
ZL1 addons or Raceseng can help you with one
The problem with the hook and the sto-n-sho is that the plate is low, and blocks the grill air flow. Some say it doesn't matter, but I'm not a motor head (yet).

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
The problem with the hook and the sto-n-sho is that the plate is low, and blocks the grill air flow. Some say it doesn't matter, but I'm not a motor head (yet).
From what I see the grille is closed so you won’t be blocking anything. Looking at where the tow hook is it seems as though you will be fine
1617154210370.jpeg

OP
OP
hbash

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
From what I see the grille is closed so you won’t be blocking anything. Looking at where the tow hook is it seems as though you will be fine
1617154210370.jpeg
Do you have any links for the tow hook type holder?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
ZL1 Addons
https://zl1addons.com/products/mustang-15-19-license-plate-holder

Raceseng
https://raceseng.com/tug-plate-shaft-mount

Didn’t realize Raceseng was triple the cost but the quality is top notch
I contacted both companies today.
Zl1 stated without actually seeing a car they can not verify it will fit.
Raceseng response was they are finalizing their S550 tug shaft mounts now and expect release in May. Not sure how that answers a license plate mount question.

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I contacted both companies today.
Zl1 stated without actually seeing a car they can not verify it will fit.
Raceseng response was they are finalizing their S550 tug shaft mounts now and expect release in May. Not sure how that answers a license plate mount question.
pertaining to Raceseng the tug shaft mounts is the long part that on one end screws into the tow hook receiver. On the other end, is for you to screw in a tow hook. You can remove the tow hook part and screw in the license plate. The tug shaft allows you to interchange between parts such as the tow hook, the license plate frame and a gopro mount. Sowhat they told you is they are working on the shaft that connects the frame holder to the car.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
pertaining to Raceseng the tug shaft mounts is the long part that on one end screws into the tow hook receiver. On the other end, is for you to screw in a tow hook. You can remove the tow hook part and screw in the license plate. The tug shaft allows you to interchange between parts such as the tow hook, the license plate frame and a gopro mount. Sowhat they told you is they are working on the shaft that connects the frame holder to the car.
Correct but how do they know how long to make the shaft and what thread to use on the receiver end without a car?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Correct but how do they know how long to make the shaft and what thread to use on the receiver end without a car?
The threads are the same as the GT500 which they have made hooks for a couple members here. And with length, I suppose they can find a way. But I understand what you’re saying

OP
OP
hbash

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Basically, they're working on giving you the shaft.