Sponsored

Front License Lawbreaker!

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I don't understand the big bitch about a front plate, you have to run a rear one.
Toll booths are going to transponders, as it is cheaper than a guy/gal being employed to take your money, it is coming. and it will force front plates.
My only beef is the o.e.m.'s should design the vehicles so the plate is part of the design. not a bumper wart (bracket) to then mount the plate to. They used to.
But then again, I don't run red lights, to worry about a camera photo of the front plate and my mug in the photo.
So there is that.
We've had Toll Tag window stickers for years, and it's been about 20 years since we've seen a toll booth with a person in it, except for the airport. No front plate needed in that regard. And most cities in Texas outlawed red light cameras already.
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I hate driving thru DFW airport. Half the time the damn gates do go up as they should.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
I work on a Navy base where the guards won't let you through the gate until they look at your license plate, registration sticker on the plate, inspection sticker, and government issued ID card.

If someone commuted from North Carolina, or they're a sailor with their vehicle registered in a home state that didn't require a front plate, everybody has to wait while the guard walks around to the back of that car and sees the license plate back there.

If they walk around back and see a Virginia plate on the back of the car (and they didn't have one on the front) that car is in violation of state law and can't get on base, just as surely as if their inspection sticker was out of date.

At the other Navy base, down the road, as fast as they're getting people through they're just looking at IDs.
My base is special.

Dear God, I've lived in 4 different states and Virginia is the only one to require a front plate. Why do they even think front plates are normal??? :facepalm:

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 6M
Dear God, I've lived in 4 different states and Virginia is the only one to require a front plate. Why do they even think front plates are normal??? :facepalm:
Probably because more than half of the states require a front plate.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
How do you think we feel in TX, being surrounded by states that don't require a front plate. It kind of shoots down the argument that a front plate is needed for tolls or law enforcement.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
We've had Toll Tag window stickers for years, and it's been about 20 years since we've seen a toll booth with a person in it, except for the airport. No front plate needed in that regard. And most cities in Texas outlawed red light cameras already.
I know of a e-z pass toll booth road, that a plain , unmarked car sits after it on the side, and radio's ahead the color and type vehicle to the waiting trooper. for lack of front plate.
I went to school with one of the troopers that gets that shift allot ,and has said he'll go through 3 ticket books a shift or more, writing tickets for lack of plate, improper view of plate, or tampering of plate. I.e. scuffing off the paint of the letters/numbers to make it hard to read, plate covers smoked or not,etc.
My Mustang and daily's drawing attention of the popo, might "just" get me a ticket or a warning. but in my other performance based car, giving them a reason to pull me over is flat out dumb. As now if the officer has a hair across his behind, I might also get a few more, for loud pipes, no converters (past the age of emission testing but still a fed crime to remove them), the circle track slicks with no tread, and I'm sure they could find a few more "issues" .
I rather not give them a reason to take a closer look, and lack of a tag/plate is a quick way to have that happen.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Tinted covers are illegal in TX. I've never seen it enforced.

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I know of a e-z pass toll booth road, that a plain , unmarked car sits after it on the side, and radio's ahead the color and type vehicle to the waiting trooper. for lack of front plate.
I went to school with one of the troopers that gets that shift allot ,and has said he'll go through 3 ticket books a shift or more, writing tickets for lack of plate, improper view of plate, or tampering of plate. I.e. scuffing off the paint of the letters/numbers to make it hard to read, plate covers smoked or not,etc.
My Mustang and daily's drawing attention of the popo, might "just" get me a ticket or a warning. but in my other performance based car, giving them a reason to pull me over is flat out dumb. As now if the officer has a hair across his behind, I might also get a few more, for loud pipes, no converters (past the age of emission testing but still a fed crime to remove them), the circle track slicks with no tread, and I'm sure they could find a few more "issues" .
I rather not give them a reason to take a closer look, and lack of a tag/plate is a quick way to have that happen.
Is that EZ Pass toll booth in KY or TX?

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Have to be KY. Ours isn't called EZ Pass.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
I’m in WA as well. Going on 24 years, every vehicle my wife and I have owned haven’t had front plates (20+K Mi each year we drive). Thankfully, zero issues. I absolutely hate the way a front plate takes away from the beauty of a vehicle. Bad enough they’re on the back 🤣

One time 20 years ago driving out of state in an OffRoad rig, a trooper flipped a bitch, and pulled me over for my tires sticking out the fenders too far, no mudflaps, and no front plate. I was polite….no ticket, or even a warning. Think he just wanted to check out the rig 🤣

Sponsored

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Yes, NV is a front plate state, but per the [Carson City] DMV, front plates are not required if you would have to modify (drill) the bumper to mount one. I have had aftermarket bumpers on my Jeep since 2012 with no provision for a plate bracket, and no holes on my Mustang bumper. No front plates, and I have never had a problem with the LEOs, even though they all use plate readers these days.
Yes, if the dealership hasn't drilled or mounted the front license plate holder, you don't have to display front plate in Nevada. But if you get pulled over and even have plugs in the holes they can cite you.
There's a guy here in Vegas with a Bullitt and he actually put on his front plate...................what a way to mess up that mean looking front end!
Sponsored