SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Never have on many cars... Never gotten a ticket.

RKRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT MT82 PP1 301A AE MR
StangTime you nailed it for us here in Toronto.
Also being from Ontario, they really enforce the front plate laws here.
_115338.jpg

Actually surprised to hear this. I'm running no front plates in the GTA and see a lot of nice cars doing the same.

I've only been stopped once for it in 14 months of ownership because a highway onramp unluckily positioned me directly behind OPP. Talked my way out of that one. But in my experience, speed traps don't care. Cops across the intersection waiting for the same light as me don't care.

I'd rather pay the ticket ($150? $180?) on average once a year as some aesthetics tax rather than compromise.

As for other people's experiences with the dealer molesting your Mustang during pre delivery inspection, it's on the buyer to communicate clearly with the sales rep / dealership what should and shouldn't be done. I told them don't detail it, don't drill plate holes. They took this literally and didn't even drill the rears.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Actually surprised to hear this. I'm running no front plates in the GTA and see a lot of nice cars doing the same.

I've only been stopped once for it in 14 months of ownership because a highway onramp unluckily positioned me directly behind OPP. Talked my way out of that one. But in my experience, speed traps don't care. Cops across the intersection waiting for the same light as me don't care
Maybe it's some good luck?
In one case I was made aware, a Toronto cop travelling the opposite direction fully made a u-turn, and guy got nabbed for no front plate. :thumbsdown:

I'd rather pay the ticket ($150? $180?) on average once a year as some aesthetics tax rather than compromise.
If there's no front plate, and someone is convicted, it's considered a "moving violation", which is like speeding, affecting insurance long term, despite someone being okay with the fine itself, which is a temporary small pain, yes.

As for other people's experiences with the dealer molesting your Mustang during pre delivery inspection, it's on the buyer to communicate clearly with the sales rep / dealership
This. Of course, some dealers have bad communication and I've had people tell me they got an unpleasant surprise on delivery day, despite requests made -_-

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Some dealers here in TX mount them, some don't and leave the mount and screws in the trunk. Mine is on so it's staying. My USMC Nam vet plate is mounted to it. TX has no mounting requirement for the front plate, position or height. Only that it be visible. Mine rides on the passenger seat. I can put it on the dash quickly. Never been messed with by LE. Only comment I get every now and then at the immigration checks is "Thanks for your service."
Luck of the draw I guess..... Drove my daily driver 2019 Honda Accord for a year with no front plate, cross the border to the US twice no issues. Drove my Corvette for 2 years no front plate, no issues..... Regularly go up to the Forks of the Credit and come face to face with a parked OPP officer starring at my car and even nodding at me.... Still no ticket. I now have a 2021 Mustang GT no front plate. Was pulled over by YRP about 3 weeks in.... Basically said I don't want to drill holes in my bumper and am waiting for a Sto and Show that's on back order. Came back and said nice car, not even giving you a warning and like your plate says... maybe next time. I'll play along until I get a ticket.... Hopefully that never happens.

Sponsored

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
NY requires one, my dealer knew not to drill before I even asked. I got a Craigs Custom license plate bracket and it’s super easy to put on, and take off as needed.
34392BA6-3652-4EB0-820D-55228E75A4D5.jpeg
I use the Craig's bracket also. If questioned by the law, I say that I forgot to put it back on after my last car show. I keep the front plate in the trunk, so I can have it mounted in about 30 seconds. The mounting bracket is virtually invisible. I haven't been stopped yet, but Texas is known for citing cars without front tags.

032 (2).jpg

RKRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT MT82 PP1 301A AE MR
If there's no front plate, and someone is convicted, it's considered a "moving violation", which is like speeding, affecting insurance long term
This goes against everything I've heard and my brief research online. I can't find any evidence of this. Are you sure you're right?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
If there's no front plate, and someone is convicted, it's considered a "moving violation", which is like speeding, affecting insurance long term, despite someone being okay with the fine itself, which is a temporary small pain, yes.
Actually it's considered a "non-moving violation". I recently changed insurance providers. They had every accident I ever had in my life on file going back 17+ years and the only tickets on file were a couple of speeding tickets. My insurance agent said they don't consider non-moving violations such as "Failure to display a front plate". It falls under the same thing as parking tickets.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Actually it's considered a "non-moving violation". I recently changed insurance providers. They had every accident I ever had in my life on file going back 17+ years and the only tickets on file were a couple of speeding tickets. My insurance agent said they don't consider non-moving violations such as "Failure to display a front plate". It falls under the same thing as parking tickets.
No way? So my insurance provider is either lying, or is not correct, or actually considers them "moving violations." My last insurance provider did, as well. Reasoning I was told is because, (paraphrasing) just like speeding, as soon as you drive the vehicle in contradiction to an act that prohibits such offences while in motion, that constitutes to a violation of the HTA where it calls for all vehicles to display front plate.

For my current one, I was inquiring about this 2 years ago. Maybe something has changed now, since then - when did you confirm this with your provider?

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
No way? So my insurance provider is either lying, or is not correct, or actually considers them "moving violations." My last insurance provider did, as well. Reasoning I was told is because, (paraphrasing) just like speeding, as soon as you drive the vehicle in contradiction to an act that prohibits such offences while in motion, that constitutes to a violation of the HTA where it calls for all vehicles to display front plate.

For my current one, I was inquiring about this 2 years ago. Maybe something has changed now, since then - when did you confirm this with your provider?
Well insurance companies make up their own rules as they see fit don't they? :crazy:
Confirmed this past September when I changed to CAA.
I would guess, that the insurance companies would only care about such things that would be indicators of incurring a financial loss. No plate on your car is not a hazard or threat to persons or property.

But... if you fail to pay such non-moving violation tickets when you go to renew your sticker, the MTO can deny your renewal unless the outstanding tickets are cleared.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Well insurance companies make up their own rules as they see fit don't they? :crazy:
Confirmed this past September when I changed to CAA.
I would guess, that the insurance companies would only care about such things that would be indicators of incurring a financial loss. No plate on your car is not a hazard or threat to persons or property.

But... if you fail to pay such non-moving violation tickets when you go to renew your sticker, the MTO can deny your renewal unless the outstanding tickets are cleared.
Haha right, right. You know what, having learned this from you guys, I will be giving my provider a call real soon to see get some "updated" info. I use a broker too, so just for kicks, I'm going to ask him just to see what he says and understands of this.

OP
OP
TheYankeeMarshal

TheYankeeMarshal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
This goes against everything I've heard and my brief research online. I can't find any evidence of this. Are you sure you're right?
He wasn’t right about anything he said. Beware anyone who begins their defense with an anecdote that happened it to someone else.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Y'all are nothing but a bunch of lawless scoundrels ..................... :crackup:

40 plus years and counting with no front plate in TX. :rockon:

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Suction cups on windshield, problem solved (NJ)

IMG-20211009-WA0001.jpg
Sponsored