Front License Lawbreaker!

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
How about registering your car in a state that doesn't require a front plate?
Major hassle in the US. Unless it is a rental or a company issued vehicle, states require registration address that matches that of ones drivers license. Get stopped by the wrong leo and it can become an issue very quickly.
Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Low crime city? HAHAHA a day can't go by without someone getting shot in TO.

You know what REALLY pisses me off about this front plate B.S. in Ontario? The fact that I see so many cars on the road with almost impossible to read rear plates. All the letters peeled off or plastic covers that are so dark you can't even tell there's a plate there. People are driving around with expired plate stickers from 2 years ago. They can order plate validation stickers online in 10 minutes and have them delivered to their door FFS.
But I fail to put my front plate on the car, drive 5 minutes away from my house and get a $180 ticket. No warning at all. FML.
Bought a Craig's Bracket and can put it on or off in seconds.
StangTime you nailed it for us here in Toronto.
Also being from Ontario, they really enforce the front plate laws here.
I told my dealer not to drill. I have the Sto N Show, but I'm also lowered, and it's a real hassle to prevent the scraping. Some still happens, especially coming out of the driveway. But I'm real careful about it, and don't have the bracket all jacked up and crooked like others I've seen who rock the Sto N Show.

If I was to do it over, I'd 50% sway in favour of not caring and just drilling the bumper. Whenever I wash other cars, it's such a reminder of how it's so set and forget, with the traditional plate mount location. The relocations ones always seem like a hassle haha.

Last edited:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Also a TX resident here and when I bought mine I told the dealer I wouldn't buy it if they installed the plate holder. I hate that we have to run one. But...I don't.

I had a sto-n-show but I bent it on a driveway with a dip. So I removed it and I keep it in my trunk. So if I do get popped then I will just tell the cop that its in the trunk and I ripped it off that morning and will have to order a new holder.
Yeah, the constables can be real butt heads down there on the beltway at times I've discovered

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
plus 1 for the euro plates, they fit on the front with a cleaner look.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Major hassle in the US. Unless it is a rental or a company issued vehicle, states require registration address that matches that of ones drivers license. Get stopped by the wrong leo and it can become an issue very quickly.
So, get an address in another state (i.e. rent a shed somewhere in that state and make it your official home).
Or start a small company, or non-profit organization, or something like that, in another state, and register the car in its name.

Until a few years ago we had to pay a preposterous registration tax in Romania, which is why a lot of us, and I mean A LOT, were registering their cars in Bulgaria. Our politicians were grinding their teeth and tried their best to put an end to it, but to no avail. There was nothing they could do, because it was perfectly legal to have an address in an other EU country, or to drive a car that didn't belong to you, and there was no way they could make that illegal. Not until the tax was abolished did this phenomenon stop.

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Yeah, the constables can be real butt heads down there on the beltway at times I've discovered
Yessir - they exist to sit and write tickets. Them and DPS are usually the only ones who care about front plates. HPD couldn't care less...unless they need a reason to pull you over.

Between no plate, 5% tint, tinted rear lights and soon to be catless headers I'm a cops dream lol. But i don't drive it very often.

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Low crime city? HAHAHA a day can't go by without someone getting shot in TO.
"Even though Toronto is the fourth largest city in North America, it has a relatively low homicide rate that fluctuated between 2.1 and 3.8, worse than most of Europe, but comparable to modern day New York per 100,000 people over the 2010s decade, which is lower than other major cities such as Atlanta (19.0), Chicago (18.5), Boston (9.0), San Francisco (8.6), New York City (5.1), and San Jose (4.6)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Toronto

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
"Even though Toronto is the fourth largest city in North America, it has a relatively low homicide rate that fluctuated between 2.1 and 3.8, worse than most of Europe, but comparable to modern day New York per 100,000 people over the 2010s decade, which is lower than other major cities such as Atlanta (19.0), Chicago (18.5), Boston (9.0), San Francisco (8.6), New York City (5.1), and San Jose (4.6)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Toronto
I know it's low relative to other cities but any homicide is one too many.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Ha ! Y'all ought to be on the south side of Chicago ............ :frown:

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Now Ohio doesn't require them anymore and I am a legal eagle.
Free at last! I was shocked that somehow they overcame the 3M lobbyists and got that passed. I swore it would never happen.

I also went without for years. I figured that a ticket a year would be good value relative to most appearance mods. I probably got one every five years. Usually it was a consolation ticket for having too much fun when they couldn't prove anything.

Now we're getting ugly new plates. I'm thinking if I ever have to replace my plate I'll take a chance on one of those tinted covers to help mute the ugly.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Now we're getting ugly new plates. I'm thinking if I ever have to replace my plate I'll take a chance on one of those tinted covers to help mute the ugly.
Save your 2nd plate in a nice dry warm place. Use it when your current one goes to crap. I figure I can stretch them out 10 years til the next redesign.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Anyone else (in states that require a front license) find themselves unable to sully the front of their cars with a front plate? I just put suction cups on my front tag and leave it under the front passenger seat. If I feel I need it I will slap it up but have never had to do so. I even got pulled over once (mistaken identity) and they never mentioned the front plate missing. If they had said something I would just say it fell off while merging into traffic and I need to slap it back up when I get a chance. Some people might say I am pressing my luck, but it has been about 20 years now that I have been non-compliant regarding the front tag.

PS: I deleted the last character from the plate to keep the nervous Nancys from having a stroke because someone can see my plates, but that is such a stupid thing when people blur their plates. You know who CAN see your plates? Everyone and anyone you ever drive past or park near.

IMG_1710.jpeg
Car will not get a inspection sticker if the front plate is not on the front, and screwed to the car, no wire tires, or sucion cups.
Personally, I think all cars should have to have 2 plates, If I get rear ended, I want my dash cam to see a plate in case the tool takes off.
it is 2021, the oem's can make the bumper cover have a spot for a plate and not look out of place, The '99-02 Pontiac T/A had a removable panel just for this, if you needed a front plate you removed the panel with the firechicken molded into it. if no plate the center of the bumper had the firechicken molded panel .
Simple.
I am not one for big brother crap, but way to many hit and run, that had phone in face and rear end someone, I like my rear camera of the dash camera to have a clear view of a front plate, so when they run, they still can't hide.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
In that case, wouldn't the camera see his rear plate? How would a front plate help?
Dash camera have 2 channels, well the good ones do.
1 channel front view, 2nd channel records the rear with it's own camera , so as a vehicle is coming up behind you the rear camera SEE'S the front plate.
So unless you are in a wreck um up derby, driving in reverse , the rear camera will get the front plate when the person rear ends you.
2 channel dash cam's are the only way to go. Saved my wife's butt when a guy in a truck hit her and took off.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Haven't had a front plate in years and years. Only received one ticket for it and I wasn't driving. Meter maid slapped the ticket on my legally parked car! I am in the ef it and pay it crowd though.
Sponsored