Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Anyone else (in states that require a front license) find themselves unable to sully the front of their cars with a front plate? I just put suction cups on my front tag and leave it under the front passenger seat. If I feel I need it I will slap it up but have never had to do so. I even got pulled over once (mistaken identity) and they never mentioned the front plate missing. If they had said something I would just say it fell off while merging into traffic and I need to slap it back up when I get a chance. Some people might say I am pressing my luck, but it has been about 20 years now that I have been non-compliant regarding the front tag.

PS: I deleted the last character from the plate to keep the nervous Nancys from having a stroke because someone can see my plates, but that is such a stupid thing when people blur their plates. You know who CAN see your plates? Everyone and anyone you ever drive past or park near.

IMG_1710.jpeg
Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

Unfortunately, Texas requires one, so the dealership where I got the convertible drilled the front bumper. Those holes are now plugged. Colorado didn't drill the front bumper of my V6 and it's not going to get grilled. No front plates, not going to worry about it until I have to. Been cruising around since 2005 without one.

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
CA requires a front plate. Dealership also punched my front bumper before I could get to them. I carry mine in the back floorboard with hardware to reattach if necessary. Hoping I can talk myself out of a cite if it comes up. Been cited here over the years in my commute car a couple times. Sucks.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Me a couple zip ties. Couple cheap aluminum cabinet brackets. Layed back 45 degrees. Now it directs air to the lower part of the rad haha
IMG_20211018_235243_147.jpg

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
Nj requires one....ill give them that over a speeding ticket and points since i cant bring myself to muck the front end with a plate. Typically, we have so many pa drivers in nj, its not a super big deal to not have one since none of the visiting drivers have them.

Sponsored

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
I have a Sto N Sho mount and for the first year I owned my Bullitt I almost always drove it with the license plate in my trunk, ready to pop on if needed.
Turns out, at least in Toronto, it has been needed.
I’ve been pulled over twice now to be issued a warning about it, and a third time a TPS constable warned me while driving alongside me.
You’d think cops here might have better things to do, eh?
Downside of living in a low crime city, I guess.
So now I just take it off while visiting in-laws in Quebec, land of the front-license plate free.
(Just don’t try putting up any English-language signs or try to get a job with the government if you wear a turban or yarmulke.)

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Iowa requires one. I bought mine in NC new and they don’t require one. And I told the salesman if they poke holes in the bumper I wasn’t buying it. Not running a front plate but keep it in the glovebox. No issues so far.

Thesauerchise

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima, 2021 Mach 1
NY requires one, my dealer knew not to drill before I even asked. I got a Craigs Custom license plate bracket and it’s super easy to put on, and take off as needed.
34392BA6-3652-4EB0-820D-55228E75A4D5.jpeg

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
I bought mine used and in the 4 years I've had it haven't been stopped for no front license plate. I've seen other 2015+ California Mustangs without a front plate. Not sure if my car was in an accident or not but the front bumper does have dimples for where the front plate would have holes drilled to mount it. The thought of being stopped for no front plate is in the back of my mind though, that's why I'm collecting pennies just in case.

OP
OP
TheYankeeMarshal

TheYankeeMarshal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I bought mine used and in the 4 years I've had it haven't been stopped for no front license plate. I've seen other 2015+ California Mustangs without a front plate. Not sure if my car was in an accident or not but the front bumper does have dimples for where the front plate would have holes drilled to mount it. The thought of being stopped for no front plate is in the back of my mind though, that's why I'm collecting pennies just in case.
Sometimes there are small dimples to show dealers where to drill.

Sponsored

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
For me it depends on my local Leo's. Town where I grew up I still get pulled over everytime I visit fam. Doesn't matter what I'm driving. Something flashy or a rental... Literally pull onto the main Rd Into town, and a cop is sitting where they have been the past 20 years. Lights pop I pull over. My current state doesn't issue front plates. They pull me over check paperwork and send me on my way.

If I still lived there I would have a front plate. Other states I've lived in that require fronts I've never been hassled. But that town though...

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Utah requires one, but most dealers here won't drill cars like this. I was given the plate frame and the screws in the trunk, lol. It's been in a closet ever since.

In all my years of running no front plate, I've yet to be bothered for it.

Whitemare21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Igor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Like others have said, California requires one. I purchased my car brand new from a dealership's lot and they had not drilled the front bumper. Took me a couple times of telling them not to but I made sure it remained that way as I drove it off the lot. That being said, I will not being mounting it at any point. I have been stopped for no front plate once on my previous car, a 2011 G37 Coupe, and I just ended up buying a tow hook mount for the sole purpose of getting the correction signed off. I simply just do not like the way it looks! :like:

Rocketeer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A PP
CA requires a front plate. Dealership also punched my front bumper before I could get to them. I carry mine in the back floorboard with hardware to reattach if necessary. Hoping I can talk myself out of a cite if it comes up. Been cited here over the years in my commute car a couple times. Sucks.
Year 3 driving like that in SoCal...Dealer was instructed not to punch holes - I guess they don't care.
20200412_152810.jpg
Sponsored