Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Suction cups on windshield, problem solved (NJ)

IMG-20211009-WA0001.jpg
That's how I set mine up...but it somehow always falls out of the window and under the passenger seat every time I take a big turn...or at least that will be the story if I ever get pulled over.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Doug V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Anyone else (in states that require a front license) find themselves unable to sully the front of their cars with a front plate? I just put suction cups on my front tag and leave it under the front passenger seat. If I feel I need it I will slap it up but have never had to do so. I even got pulled over once (mistaken identity) and they never mentioned the front plate missing. If they had said something I would just say it fell off while merging into traffic and I need to slap it back up when I get a chance. Some people might say I am pressing my luck, but it has been about 20 years now that I have been non-compliant regarding the front tag.

PS: I deleted the last character from the plate to keep the nervous Nancys from having a stroke because someone can see my plates, but that is such a stupid thing when people blur their plates. You know who CAN see your plates? Everyone and anyone you ever drive past or park near.

IMG_1710.jpeg
sto n sho offers a quick release removed mount. Just watch for curb stops

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Luck of the draw I guess..... Drove my daily driver 2019 Honda Accord for a year with no front plate, cross the border to the US twice no issues. Drove my Corvette for 2 years no front plate, no issues..... Regularly go up to the Forks of the Credit and come face to face with a parked OPP officer starring at my car and even nodding at me.... Still no ticket. I now have a 2021 Mustang GT no front plate. Was pulled over by YRP about 3 weeks in.... Basically said I don't want to drill holes in my bumper and am waiting for a Sto and Show that's on back order. Came back and said nice car, not even giving you a warning and like your plate says... maybe next time. I'll play along until I get a ticket.... Hopefully that never happens.
All you other guys in and around T.O. seem to have been a lot luckier than me.
In contrast, I’ve been warned by cops three times in the course of less than a year, as I mentioned here before.
The first time, on Kingston Road in the easternmost part of the old city of Toronto, the cop actually said to me that he was doing “front plate enforcement” that day.
Wtf? There aren’t better things to do? Some gun smuggling rings to bust up, some doughnuts to scarf down?
Maybe it’s that I live downtown and it’s something in the water in the old city of Toronto and it’s contaminated the coffee in the local Timmies or something?
I don’t know but your experiences make me want to try driving without the front plate for a while again to see what happens.
Maybe I’ve just been unlucky.

zhent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
For the Texans:
Licence plates are part of the Texas Administrative Code. Title 43, Part 10, Chapter 217, Subchapter B, Rule §217.27 Take a look at (b)(1)

(b) Unless otherwise prescribed by law, each vehicle registered under this subchapter:

(1) must display two license plates that are clearly visible, readable, and legible, one at the exterior front and one at the exterior rear of the vehicle that are securely fastened at the exterior front and rear of the vehicle in an upright horizontal position of not less than 12 inches from the ground, measuring from the bottom, except that a vehicle described by Transportation Code, §621.2061 may place the rear plate so that it is clearly visible, readable, and legible;
"Securely fastened" at the exterior front and rear and no less than 12" from the ground measured at the bottom.

I've never seen a trooper take out a ruler to check on the Sto-n-Go plate holders, but they'd technically be in violation. The Craig's brackets aren't though. That's what I usually run, except for track and autocross events when it gets removed.

disclaimer - I'm not a LEO, but I work for law enforcement and get my information from Texas State Troopers. Generally they might use the no front plate as an excuse to pull you over to look for other issues, but won't issue a ticket for it unless you're an ass.

Sponsored

Bullitt$Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3456, 2018 F150 CC Lariat, 18 HD SGS
Bought my car in SC - front plate state. Dealer didn’t drill it per my request and said they never do with Mustangs unless the buyer requests it.

Drove home to NY - front plate state. Had to drive on an expired SC transport plate for a few months until I could get a DMV appointment due to COVID. Got the front plate and it went in the trunk.

Moved to NV in May and trailered the car from NY. NV is a front plate state. I can’t believe the number of people here that don’t run them. NHP and the police don’t seem to care. My front plate is in my garage.

(This is my first weekend here and still had the car registered in NY.)
4869D2A9-5D66-41F6-B843-9E4847AC8FA9.jpeg

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 6M
I use a removable bracket from craig's custom mustang brackets. It looks really clean, allows a plate to be mounted where it normally would, and doesn't require drilling of any kind.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Bought my car in SC - front plate state. Dealer didn’t drill it per my request and said they never do with Mustangs unless the buyer requests it.
I would assume by SC you mean South Carolina, but maybe I'm wrong? I bought a Mustang there in 2018 and they weren't using front license plates.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I ran no front plates for 3 years until I got pulled over 3 times in a 5 month period for no front plates. It was just a warning/fishing stop, but still an inconvenience every time.

So, I just run front plates at all times now. I've got a bracket that runs through the lower grille that I picked up on ebay at some point, and it's a no drill design. I had run a sto-n-sho, but I constantly scraped the hell out of the mount.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Y'all are nothing but a bunch of lawless scoundrels ..................... :crackup:

40 plus years and counting with no front plate in TX. :rockon:
Is your morning commute any different than mine? :crackup:
Jaei.gif

Sponsored

Bullitt$Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3456, 2018 F150 CC Lariat, 18 HD SGS
I would assume by SC you mean South Carolina, but maybe I'm wrong? I bought a Mustang there in 2018 and they weren't using front license plates.
Yes - South Carolina.

And you are correct. Must have been for sales to out of state residents that require a front plate the salesman meant.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
He wasn’t right about anything he said. Beware anyone who begins their defense with an anecdote that happened it to someone else.
My response to RKRZ's post wasn't a "defense," it was a response to his comment, having a discussion on the topic, sharing a different experience or understanding of it, and being open to seeing if correct or not (i.e., my next post to StangTime). Next time, check yourself and read through how a response is typed and figure out what really is a defensive comment and what isn't.

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
NV is a front plate state. I can’t believe the number of people here that don’t run them. NHP and the police don’t seem to care. My front plate is in my garage.
Yes, NV is a front plate state, but per the [Carson City] DMV, front plates are not required if you would have to modify (drill) the bumper to mount one. I have had aftermarket bumpers on my Jeep since 2012 with no provision for a plate bracket, and no holes on my Mustang bumper. No front plates, and I have never had a problem with the LEOs, even though they all use plate readers these days.

K6590

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Ohio is now a no front plate state, as of about 1.5 years ago. Prior to that, front plate was required. The highway patrol and the police chiefs organization were strongly against that law when it was proposed, saying that murderers would get away and it would lead to a higher crime rate. BS. It passed, and there has not been any additional chaos on the streets. Most adjoining states have been no-front-plate states for decades.

When I bought my Bullitt, I told the dealer to not drill holes, put on stickers, or add anything to the car. Just clean it up and get it ready, and call me when you're done. They were real good about it. The sales manager is a real gearhead, and he said they never put the front bracket on a Mustang.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
I have the sto n sho bracket on the front but i keep my plate in the trunk.
Sponsored