Sponsored

Front end thumping sound at low speeds?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
2019 gt premium not a performance pack with lowering springs on front. Lowering springs were put on a month ago. Car is not tracked or raced or anything and no bumps pot holes were hit. Car is only 2 months old with 3200 miles on it.

I was slowing down to turn into a parking lot and it just started thud thud thud thud. It increases and decreases with speed until about 30 mph then goes away. It is progressively getting louder quickly ( only drove it about 10 miles after it started and now is already more pronounced). First I thought maybe threw a tire weight? But its a very pronounced thud that can be felt through the car.

Braking or turning does not cause it, happens in straight line and seems wheel rotational specific as it speeds up and slows down with the speed of the car.

No shop around me seems to have tie to look at it unless i bring it back in a week so im gonna take wheel off and look, any ideas on what I should double check?
Sponsored

ako12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016
2019 gt premium not a performance pack with lowering springs on front. Lowering springs were put on a month ago. Car is not tracked or raced or anything and no bumps pot holes were hit. Car is only 2 months old with 3200 miles on it.

I was slowing down to turn into a parking lot and it just started thud thud thud thud. It increases and decreases with speed until about 30 mph then goes away. It is progressively getting louder quickly ( only drove it about 10 miles after it started and now is already more pronounced). First I thought maybe threw a tire weight? But its a very pronounced thud that can be felt through the car.

Braking or turning does not cause it, happens in straight line and seems wheel rotational specific as it speeds up and slows down with the speed of the car.

No shop around me seems to have tie to look at it unless i bring it back in a week so im gonna take wheel off and look, any ideas on what I should double check?
Check tire.

PDiaz773

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Hey I know you posted this years ago but just in case you still check this, the same exact thing is happening to my 2019 Ecoboost, do you know what the problem ended up being??

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
check the swaybar end links. They can make a thunking sound if not torqued correctly

Ben James

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 Mustang GT
While your troubleshooting I thought I’d mention a quick fix or check for some people that may have a thump or rattle in their front wheel wells.

there is a cable clamp mounted on the wheel well that can cause a fair amount of noise particularly at low cruising speeds if it’s slightly loose.

In my case, I just taped it up with some green painters tape as I was trialing different methods to find the rattle/thump and found this was the cause (see pics)

IMG_6646.jpeg

IMG_6647.jpeg

it’s a quick fix that may solve your problem before going down the component replacement track.

hope it helps :thumbsup:
Sponsored