Sponsored

Front driver's side suspension noise

Kachow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Okay well I finally had time to get the car on the lift and poke around. I was unable to see anything amiss. All bolts were tight. I swapped wheels and the clunking/clicking is still there. It seems to be getting worse with time. I'm leaning toward the LCA being an issue. I'd take it to the dealership but I'm not sure if they would have any better luck with the diagnosis. And I don't have a dealership I trust around here. Any recommendations in the DC area?

Also are the LCAs with the spherical bearings worth it?
Matthew - I still have this clunk but don't want to take back to dealer as it was just there for almost 3 months. Were you able to identify whats up with it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
matthewr87

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Matthew - I still have this clunk but don't want to take back to dealer as it was just there for almost 3 months. Were you able to identify whats up with it?
Not yet. It was just too damn hot here for the last three months to do anything with the car other than change the oil while sweating buckets. Things are cooling down now so I will have a better look at things next weekend hopefully. Just came back from three weeks abroad so need to recover from that haha

I will post if I find anything after a better look.

OP
OP
matthewr87

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
So I still have not had any time to look at this in detail. However, I see there is a track event coming up in November and the weather doesn't look too bad yet. Would it be dumb to take the car to the track if it has a wonky LCA bushing?

TommyBoyDIY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I had to replace a lower control at 15000 miles. No track time on it, just street driving. Also had a bent rim from potholes

Clint81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I hit a monster pothole on Moreland Ave this past Friday. I have now joined the brake-clunking and low-speed-creaking club. Hope to check things out next weekend. OP have you had any luck with yours?

OP
OP
matthewr87

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I hit a monster pothole on Moreland Ave this past Friday. I have now joined the brake-clunking and low-speed-creaking club. Hope to check things out next weekend. OP have you had any luck with yours?
My solution was to buy some SPL adjustable LCAs and front tension rods. I have not installed them yet though. Figured it was pointless to replace with OEM.
Sponsored