Sponsored

Front Camera for 2019 GT with Ford Safe and Smart Package

Derder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Over the last few months I've had a shop try to get a front camera working because they "swore" they could do it, even after I told them all the research I'd done says you can't have a front camera if you also have the Ford Safe and Smart package. After months of them ordering different parts/modules, they finally told me, yeah, they can't do it.

A buddy asked if it was possible to have a stand alone system that didn't connect to sync, like set up a screen behind the frond driver visor or see if one of the rear view mirrors that have screens could work, any one know if that's a possibility? Or has any one figured out a work around for the ford safe and smart package without disabling it?

I haven't hit anything yet because I'm overly cautious but get kind of embarrassed when I'm too cautious and have to get back into the car to pull up an extra foot. Just want the peace of mind that I'm not going to wreck my splitter one day parking some where new. Really miss my 2012 because of this, was never an issue. Not used to the lower profile of the 2018-19.
Sponsored

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
Only suggestion I have is to take a look at the camera systems truckers use, or maybe the add-on systems that campers use so they don’t back over something.

sicpuppy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2017 Challenger Hellcat
There are systems that are wifi systems that will connect to your phone. You only need to install the front camera and connect to a power source. Then you can install a phone holder and you have a system without connecting to the factory system.
Sponsored