Jerryy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2022 High Performance Ecoboost + Handling Pack
Hello all Mustang6G Members!

I recently purchased a 2022 Ford Mustang Ecoboost High Performance with the Handling Package 7 Months ago. - It's my daily, and it is at 21,000 at the moment!
(I drive it a lot!).

In approximately two months, I plan to take it to the next level by making it FBO and adding the NX2 Turbo. -- I would love to get some advice regarding the parts that I plan to buy and for me to avoid mistakes. I am appreciative of everyone who takes time out of their day to read this and give me some of their knowledge.

Sitting at-home, I currently have a CP-E Delta Core V2 FMIC (the big square one), as well as a brand new Cobb Accessport.

I still need to purchase:
1) Charge Piping for the Intercooler
2) BoV (to go with the chargepiping)
3) Downpipe
4) Sparkplugs
5) NX2 Turbo

(I am keeping the same airbox - no need for intake).

--

My biggest problem is the chargepipes. This can either come from me not properly understanding how they work, or my inexperience in the field.

Friend of mine had the CVFab Intercooler and bought the CVFab chargepipe-kit for like $250 total.

I have the CP-E Intercooler, so I am guessing I will need CP-E Chargepipes? - I assumed so.

The problem is, ONE CP-E charge-pipe costs $300 alone. -- For me to buy both Hot Side and Cold Side (what would usually come with the CFVFab for $250), I would need to spend another $200. - Oh well.

Here comes my first question: Would the CVFab Charge-pipe kit fit my CP-E Intercooler?

If not, and the answer is "No, you have to go with the CP-E ones to match your intercooler", here comes my next question.

There seems to be two different Charge-Pipes for the Intercooler on CP-E's website:
"Cp-e OEcharge Ford Mustang Ecoboost Hot Charge Pipe" - https://cp-e.com/shop/product/ford-mustang-ecoboost-2-3l-turbo-oecharge-pipe/

and the

"Cp-e Exhale Ford Mustang Ecoboost BoV Kit" (Which is...supposedly the cold-side one?) - https://cp-e.com/shop/product/ford-mustang-ecoboost-2-3l-turbo-exhale-hks-bov-kit/

--
I would love the ability to buy a HKS BoV (I like the sound of the HKS BoV) along with the chargepipe, but which one do I go with? Hot Side.. or Cold Side?
My inexperience in the field leads me to ask the following question: Can you put a BoV on both sides?

CVFab Charge-pipe kit offers both for way cheaper, so I want to do the right thing with CP-E.

Which Cold Side Charge-Pipe do I buy from Cp-E, and which Hot Side Charge-Pipe do I buy from Cp-E? -- I want the HKS BoV as well, so please advise me on which way it should go. -- Simply link both if possible.

---
Okay! Now I theoretically have the CP-E FMIC, the CP-E Chargepiping (after your advise helps me out), we are left with the Downpipe.

I have the active exhaust from the HPP package with the quad tip exhaust, so I plan to get CVFab's Catted Downpipe going out to 2.25", since it will fit my active exhausts all the way until the end. (I do not plan to upgrade the exhaust).

Will I throw a code? -- If so, how can I avoid the code?

----
Sparkplugs are easy, and I've read up on the best ones to get, so no questions there.
----

Lastly, NX2 Turbo. --- Would I be good to go for the turbo upgrade with everything listed above?

To recap: CP-E Chargepiping, CP-E Intercooler, Sparkplugs, CVFab Downpipe, and Pro-Tune from Ryan @ PD Tuning.

I plan to do the whole job all at once, combined with LIVE TUNING from Ryan so that it can be done smoothly in one day.

----

(Yes, I will purchase the UPR Catch can as well, but I do not need advise on that!)

If you have any more tips regarding my car or anything else along with this information, I am forever appreciative and thankful for that.

I will end with a picture of the new car, and I thank you all once again.

@Buldawg76 @FreedomPenguin (Please excuse the tag for both of you. I've seen both of you are quite knowledgeable when it comes to this field, so I hope you two can provide some useful advice for me as well)

IMG_8917.jpg
IMG_8916.jpg
IMG_8915.jpg
Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang

I recently purchased a 2022 Ford Mustang Ecoboost High Performance with the Handling Package 7 Months ago. - It's my daily, and it is at 21,000 at the moment!
(I drive it a lot!).

In approximately two months, I plan to take it to the next level by making it FBO and adding the NX2 Turbo. -- I would love to get some advice regarding the parts that I plan to buy and for me to avoid mistakes. I am appreciative of everyone who takes time out of their day to read this and give me some of their knowledge.

Sitting at-home, I currently have a CP-E Delta Core V2 FMIC (the big square one), as well as a brand new Cobb Accessport.

3) Downpipe
4) Sparkplugs
5) NX2 Turbo

--

My biggest problem is the chargepipes. This can either come from me not properly understanding how they work, or my inexperience in the field.

Friend of mine had the CVFab Intercooler and bought the CVFab chargepipe-kit for like $250 total.

I have the CP-E Intercooler, so I am guessing I will need CP-E Chargepipes? - I assumed so.

The problem is, ONE CP-E charge-pipe costs $300 alone. -- For me to buy both Hot Side and Cold Side (what would usually come with the CFVFab for $250), I would need to spend another $200. - Oh well.

Here comes my first question: Would the CVFab Charge-pipe kit fit my CP-E Intercooler?

If not, and the answer is "No, you have to go with the CP-E ones to match your intercooler", here comes my next question.

There seems to be two different Charge-Pipes for the Intercooler on CP-E's website:
"Cp-e OEcharge Ford Mustang Ecoboost Hot Charge Pipe" - https://cp-e.com/shop/product/ford-mustang-ecoboost-2-3l-turbo-oecharge-pipe/

and the

"Cp-e Exhale Ford Mustang Ecoboost BoV Kit" (Which is...supposedly the cold-side one?) - https://cp-e.com/shop/product/ford-mustang-ecoboost-2-3l-turbo-exhale-hks-bov-kit/

--
I would love the ability to buy a HKS BoV (I like the sound of the HKS BoV) along with the chargepipe, but which one do I go with? Hot Side.. or Cold Side?
My inexperience in the field leads me to ask the following question: Can you put a BoV on both sides?

CVFab Charge-pipe kit offers both for way cheaper, so I want to do the right thing with CP-E.

Which Cold Side Charge-Pipe do I buy from Cp-E, and which Hot Side Charge-Pipe do I buy from Cp-E? -- I want the HKS BoV as well, so please advise me on which way it should go. -- Simply link both if possible.

---
Okay! Now I theoretically have the CP-E FMIC, the CP-E Chargepiping (after your advise helps me out), we are left with the Downpipe.

I have the active exhaust from the HPP package with the quad tip exhaust, so I plan to get CVFab's Catted Downpipe going out to 2.25", since it will fit my active exhausts all the way until the end. (I do not plan to upgrade the exhaust).

----
Sparkplugs are easy, and I've read up on the best ones to get, so no questions there.
----

Lastly, NX2 Turbo. --- Would I be good to go for the turbo upgrade with everything listed above?

To recap: CP-E Chargepiping, CP-E Intercooler, Sparkplugs, CVFab Downpipe, and Pro-Tune from Ryan @ PD Tuning.

I plan to do the whole job all at once, combined with LIVE TUNING from Ryan so that it can be done smoothly in one day.

----

(Yes, I will purchase the UPR Catch can as well, but I do not need advise on that!)

If you have any more tips regarding my car or anything else along with this information, I am forever appreciative and thankful for that.

@Buldawg76 @FreedomPenguin (Please excuse the tag for both of you. I've seen both of you are quite knowledgeable when it comes to this field, so I hope you two can provide some useful advice for me as well)

IMG_8917.jpg
IMG_8916.jpg
IMG_8915.jpg
Your a giant step ahead of me, due to starting with a 2022 Ecoboost power plant with 2nd generation connecting rods. You should be able to push your power level up to around 400 HP and still have a fairly reliable build.
I've documented my modifications on another forum for Ecoboost Mustang owners. As have many other members. Fill free to stop by for some detailed information on our victories and even some of our... not so successful modifications!

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
The HPP turbo is a little bigger than the base, so you can get about 375-400 HP on E30 with meth. An NX2 is good for about 500 HP, but your block is only good for maybe 425 (I know, Valencia, but it's still an open deck).

I'm in the same boat as you. I am just going to stretch the stock turbo as far as I can, but if I go to a big turbo, it will be on a closed-deck block, because it's a little bit of a waste otherwise.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
I would follow the advice from the above members as far as going for the bigger NX2 turbo until you go with the closed deck block. The open deck is just not going to hold up at much over 400HP.

As far as charge pipes I have no experience with fitment on a CPe race IC but I can say either the CVFab or CPe will fit well, but likely need some trimming of rubber coupler lengths to ft correctly. As for the use of a HKS bov both make hot side charge pipes to fit that valve but only CPe makes a cold side as far as I know. The only real benefit I feel of putting the bov on the cold side is if you are going to recirculate the pressure back into the cold pipe since the hot charge air will have been cooled by the IC before it is vented back into the cold side to be drawn into the intake as compared to recirculating the hot charge air back into the hot side pipe.

Since you want to vent to atmosphere with the HKS valve I am not sure it makes any real difference which side you vent from. The only benefit I possibly see from venting on the cold side is the IC will still be somewhat pressurized by charge air out of turbo so may be less lag time getting back up to full boost in on/off throttle situations, but I have no firsthand knowledge or experience in this area so just a guess at best.

Others may have more experience with that than me.

Good luck with your modding and enjoy it.

BD

Sponsored

Ecoboost1023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang EcoBoost HPP
Your a giant step ahead of me, due to starting with a 2022 Ecoboost power plant with 2nd generation connecting rods. You should be able to push your power level up to around 400 HP and still have a fairly reliable build.
I've documented my modifications on another forum for Ecoboost Mustang owners. As have many other members. Fill free to stop by for some detailed information on our victories and even some of our... not so successful modifications!
do 2021s have these connecting rods as well ?

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
do 2021s have these connecting rods as well ?
From what I understand, 2020, 2021, 2022+ Mustang Ecoboost 2.3 motors have the 2nd generation connecting rods. SP63 has a really good video that mentioned the 2nd generation connecting rods. I think it's called "dismantling ecoboost motor" ?
Screenshot_20220809-170348.png

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Yep 2020+ mustangs and 2019+ rangers have the 2nd gen rods in them. If you go to ford to buy rods for any 2.3 eco motor now all you can get is the 2nd gen rods. Part number for the 1st gen rods has been superseded to 2nd gen part number.

BD

jdsfly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost, A10
Vehicle Showcase

(I drive it a lot!).

3) Downpipe
4) Sparkplugs
5) NX2 Turbo

--

and the

--

---

----
----

----

IMG_8917.jpg
IMG_8916.jpg
IMG_8915.jpg
Can I have your old turbo, when you get the NX2?
Sponsored