From Showroom to 9's in 2 weeks!

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
I agree. Vibration from a driveshaft is unacceptable . I refuse to swap my stock one. Not many breaking the stock driveshaft from what I have seen , even in manual cars.
I just broke my driveshaft.
2018 10r80 car with just flex fuel tune from LPF.

I launched at 3500 using the transbrake on a well prepped track here in Houston.
Sponsored

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
stock driveshaft, and yes i have the ford racing halfshafts by gforce....when i find a compnay that will gaurantee me a driveshaft vibration free ill buy one.....so far im 0 for 2 in that department, and the good one that i had I sold to a good friend....he says it vibrates in his car a bit and hes not lowered, so as of now i dont think there is a driveshaft for the auto 18-19 cars that doesnt vibrate....
Hey man, I too went thru several drive shafts with my '16 that vibrated like cra cra. I bought the '18 and called shaftmasters and they delivered bro...........absolutely NO VIBRATION at all. They install some type of material inside the shaft to help dampen vibrations so that is why I gave them a shot. The other thing I liked about their DS is that it is a one piece unit WITHOUT any adapters like the DSS and gForce ones that I paid all that fukin money for and they vibrated like shi. Give them a call and talk to them man.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I have good things about the shaftmasters also.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I have broken 2 DSS CF drive shafts .
I replaced the last one with a QA1 CF . It’s not as smooth the stock one but I don’t think it’s bad at all . I did get DSS to send me a chromoly as warranty replacement I will be keeping as a “spare “ just in case .
I did look at shaft master since I have their alluminum on another car and it’s smooth but I did not see one for the 10R80 on their website .

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did look at shaft master since I have their alluminum on another car and it’s smooth but I did not see one for the 10R80 on their website .
Man trust me, I had them all too........the DSS was garbage and vibrated to no end even with two additional replacement units. I then spent over $900 for a gForce........same damn thing. Put the stock one back in and smooth again. Bought the new '18, ordered shaftmasters and presto. Just as smooth as stock and on the first try as far as installation. Give them a call on the 10R80. They didn't list it for the M6 '18 either so I called them. They gave me a discount since I was the first M6 '18 that they need confirmation of fitment.

Sponsored

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
going to call shaftmasters...i had one in my 2010 shelby years back and it was great.....but i feel the manual cars are more forgiving when it comes to vibrations....i dont car about NVH noise etc etc but i car when the whole car shakes going down the freeway at 65 miles an hour....a company that is willing to stand behind there product is what im looking for, one that will eat shipping both ways for a DS that i buy which vibrates....

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
going to call shaftmasters...i had one in my 2010 shelby years back and it was great.....but i feel the manual cars are more forgiving when it comes to vibrations....i dont car about NVH noise etc etc but i car when the whole car shakes going down the freeway at 65 miles an hour....a company that is willing to stand behind there product is what im looking for, one that will eat shipping both ways for a DS that i buy which vibrates....
I hear you. I had to pay shipping back and forth too which sucked as well. Good luck and hope you get a DS that will work.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
HEINZ! Saw the car at the shop when it was getting it's "tweak". Nice passes!

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I called shaftmasters and they said due to the "issues" with the 10r80 transmission they donot currently offer an aluminum driveshaft and are not sure when they will....atleast they were honest..... at this point im not sure investing $1299 in the QA1 Carbon Fiber version will be a good idea....i doubt DSS, GFORCE or QA1 will be willing to offer me the "no cost" gaurantee im seeking....

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Can you name the " issues " with the 10R80 they speak of ?

Sponsored

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Can you name the " issues " with the 10R80 they speak of ?
here is a copy and paste of the reply i got from shaftmasters...

Hello Heinz,
Because of ongoing issues with the 10R80 automatic trans. At this point we do not offer a shaft for the 2018-19 GT Automatic.
Sorry,
David

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That explains a lot lol.
Sponsored