bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You learned the limits of a 370z. You'll learn the limits of a Mustang. Ive driven both. And didn't find one to have a great handling advantage over the other.
Sponsored

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
As stated above, the 370Z and GT aren't worlds apart handling wise. I wanted a 370Z but passed it up when I got my car because they wanted too much money for too old of a platform in my opinion. But a buddy let me rip his on several occasions when I was torn on getting one. They're both good handling cars and the reason you see more YouTube videos of people losing a GT is one, they're going way too hard on public streets, and two, the GT outsold the 370Z markedly. Flip the numbers and you would find a lot more 370Z crashes on the internet than Mustang.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Title says it all. With that being said, I loved being able to just “get on it” in the Z and it rode like it was on rails. Obviously the GT has much more HP and a different beast. I want to be able to get on it, but keep reading about them getting squirmy and losing control. I’m sure most is user error but I want to have fun in it. Can y’all give me some pointers?
You need to put all the details of your car in your sig line..........like everyone else.

We can't answer your questions without knowing what you have.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
6-speed. Thanks for the response. I’m just gonna take it easy at first and get a good feel for it
I came from a tuned Honda, which was plenty fast, but it is a whole different feel. I spent the first few days working back into the 6 spd as I had not had a manual in a while, and testing the power in increments. After a week, I am pretty comfortable, but still getting used to it. These are bad ass cars, enjoy the ride and the attention.

I live in a very rainy city, so you have to keep that in mind when turning and accelerating, even normally. That said, my tuned Honda had FWD traction problems in the rain.

5.0AVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red 401A PP1 GT
Great points - I'd also add the inexperience of some drivers not getting enough heat into tires like those of Pilot Sport 4S and especially Sport Cup 2 variety.

These same "drivers" don't realize that there is not enough heat in the rubber when they go all out, and bad things happen. Great examples of this are all the crashing from the Cars and Coffee pull outs.
This point is right on! This is my first car with summer tires in a long time as my last two mustangs had the all seasons. After a warm summer I overestimated the grip of the tires but as temps drop the PS4s reminded me they need to be warmed properly before cutting loose. That being said once they are warm they are fantastic tires.

My suggestion would be to roll on the throttle vs. stabbing it if you are unsure. Also, temp and tarmac dependent, she will break loose on the 2-3 shift at redline so if you are on an on-ramp be ready for that. If your car is an 18+ you will be doing a little over 70 mph.

Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Having the LS Torsen 3.73, the sketchiest shift I have seen is going from 1st to 2nd at high rpm and getting back into throttle, the nose will rotate a little to the left but then it regains composure. And Agree with the above post, you can make the back end wiggle on dry pavement with an aggressive 2nd to 3rd.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Mine didn't get sketchy until I went E85 and FBO, but I kinda like cars that try to kill me. I used to have a mr2 turbo too lol

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Mine didn't get sketchy until I went E85 and FBO, but I kinda like cars that try to kill me. I used to have a mr2 turbo too lol
Haha I know what you mean - with 5.0L, over say the ecoboost, its the car your heart wants as opposed to what the mind says "makes sense".

I suppose it's human nature in some respects - it's the thrill, the danger even, of getting in, and just knowing what "could" happen if you don't reign it all in lol.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
haha I had an mr2 turbo as well, that'd bite so fast if you weren't paying attention but what a car to drive.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
haha I had an mr2 turbo as well, that'd bite so fast if you weren't paying attention but what a car to drive.
What an amazing car to drive but an absolute nightmare to work on. It was worth it tho, I miss it sometimes.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The GT has 400+ ho, so respect the skinny pedal, don’t rely on TC to save you. Its good, but where there is a will, theres a way. If you’re adding throttle in a corner or coming out of one you should also be straightening the steering wheel at the same time

Keeffa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang 2018 gt
I've just fitted all Steeda stop the hop bit's to my 2018 GT with Pedders XA coil over kit. what a difference this has made. it really handles now. so much more traction. really tightened up the rear, corners on rails. got some more to do for the front yet but so much more fun to drive.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
What an amazing car to drive but an absolute nightmare to work on. It was worth it tho, I miss it sometimes.
haha yes not a lot of space in that engine bay but tbars out and sunglasses on, was like flying. The turbo noises a foot behind your ear was unbelievable. I miss mine too, only got rid of it because it was rusted through the boot floorpan. I went from that to a 350z HR and it was a pile of shit (friday afternoon or monday morning special that one) and into the GT - thankfully not straight from the mr2 to the GT as there's an enormous size difference!

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I know these cars have that stigma of "crowd killer"....that's only because Mustangs are a lot of power for not a lot of money, which attracts a lot of idiots unfortunately. These cars are no harder to drive than a Camry. Those that crash leaving shows, I'm sure are taking TC off to do a burnout and lose control or because the internet says taking TC off makes you go faster. If you have any amount of mature common sense, you will be completely fine.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I've got a 2020 Bullitt, and came from an E36M3 with the Conforti Tune. Car was snotty fast, but with about 250HP rarely lost traction or control, mainly due to the Pilot Sports and driving style.

I can say the same with the Bullitt. Sure.... if do a 4K launch and drop the clutch and floor the pedal, the tires will likely break loose, or nail the throttle mid turn or at apex, the rear will definitely step out, but IMO, unless you are being retarded, you are not going to get in trouble with or without the nannies.

You need to learn the car, learn it's capabilities and YOURS in the car. Way too many people crash these high powered cars only because they don't know the car or how it responds.

My 'other' sports car is a 1976 Porsche 912 that has a highly modified motor to put out a whopping 165 HP ;-) (stock was 80ish). The car is about 1800lbs, has a 50/50 weight ratio, and is one that I CAN floor the pedal in almost any situation, and not worry about the tires braking loose. I had to watch it in the M3, and definitely have to watch it in the Bullitt. 480 HP (or 460 in the GT) is nothing to sneeze at or approach lightly.

BTW, TC is ON by default, when off, there is a light that tells you.

I used to autocross, and loss of traction is loss of speed, so I am hardwired to not ever overpower the tires. YMMV

ENJOY your new S550!
Sponsored