Sponsored

Friends let friends drive their Mustangs.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
but "hey it's got insurance, so here are the keys to f up my car"... because seriously 95% of "Friends" aren't gonna pay for it if they tear it up
This!

The people who make the comments about "hey its just a car and I have insurance most likely never dealt with insurance.[/QUOTE]

True, but I wouldn't let just anyone drive

Most likely family and friends who I know and trust enough to share the experience with
Sponsored

RemoteSenses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 RR
The amount of sticklers ITT is hilarious.

You guys can believe whatever you want, but I am all for letting anyone I trust take it for a spin. I love the Mustang, but let's be realistic - it's not some six-figure costing car. And before that offends anyone, it's simply a fact.

Now some of you will just never let anyone else drive your car, because that's who you are, but the people crying about cost and insurance are the ones I find comical.

If you owned a new/newer truck, and your best bud asks to borrow it to move some stuff or to pick something up, you'd turn the guy down? How many of you have borrowed someone's truck before? Because their truckprobably cost more than your Stang.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ive let friends and family drive my car. yes it is my love and my passion but at the end of the day, its just a car. if it gets wrecked, i have full coverage and i will get insurance to take care of it. whats the point of having a bad ass car if you cant share it with the ones you love.

Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
I can understand and respect someone handing over the keys to a close, trusted friend. But to dismiss the insurance as a reason not to let a friend drive is shortsighted. There are other negative consequences that can occur in an accident besides damaging your car, which you can be on the hook for. It's simply a liability I'm not comfortable accepting.

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I can understand and respect someone handing over the keys to a close, trusted friend. But to dismiss the insurance as a reason not to let a friend drive is shortsighted. There are other negative consequences that can occur in an accident besides damaging your car, which you can be on the hook for. It's simply a liability I'm not comfortable accepting.
I agree 100%!!!! I do not let anyone drive my vehicles but me, for these exact reasons.

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
As soon as the car is out of break-in, my daughter will be the first to drive it.

If we can't share our things in life, then we won't be remembered in death.

mimartin15

Flossy's Mom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle =)
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Prem
If they want to drive a Mustang, go to the dealership....
memee4802aa1816257ea.jpg

Sponsored

RoushCharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Ruby & Loaded
I think it's cool if other people let others drive their ride. I'll make an exception for my daughter on special occasions, otherwise no one touches Lola. :)

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I let a friend of mine drive my vert when we were on vacation... to be honest, I asked her to drive. I drove up and wanted to have a drink. I was not drunk nor did I have a buzz but why have two beers and drive when someone who had none is sitting there. lol

She enjoyed it... actually she could not believe it and talked about since we returned.

It is a car... just like my previous Honda. People can drive long as I'm in the car. lol

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
T
If you owned a new/newer truck, and your best bud asks to borrow it to move some stuff or to pick something up, you'd turn the guy down? How many of you have borrowed someone's truck before? Because their truckprobably cost more than your Stang.
no one needs to borrow a mustang. I also wouldn't expect a friend to just let me take his truck by myself. I would be asking him to drive...