NoahsArk117

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
Hey everyone,

So before I get roasted for asking this question I am genuinely curious about this subject. I have a Ford Performance Pack Stage 2 kit installed with a Corsa Extreme Catback and I absolutely love it. I've had the Corsa Exhaust now for a few months and I've noticed my exhausts crackles and pops a lot and is getting more frequent. Its especially frequent when I am at 4500-6000 rpms and I just hold the throttle steady without accelerating. It sounds like popcorn but cooler if that makes any sense. It sometimes pops on downshifts but I've noticed the crackles getting more and more frequent and I don't have to try as much to make it happen. What I am wondering is that is this normal or am I damaging something in the motor? I had an MBRP catback before and with the same kit I wouldn't get even close to the number or volume of crackles and pops as I do with the Corsa.
Sponsored

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
Air leaks in the pipes due to it being a clamped assembly.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
My Borla S Type on the 2019 PP2 crackled all the time, loved it.

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
totally normal. its great! I have same exhaust... love it!

Sponsored

VitalStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vital
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium black; 2019 Subaru Outback
Hey everyone,

So before I get roasted for asking this question I am genuinely curious about this subject. I have a Ford Performance Pack Stage 2 kit installed with a Corsa Extreme Catback and I absolutely love it. I've had the Corsa Exhaust now for a few months and I've noticed my exhausts crackles and pops a lot and is getting more frequent. Its especially frequent when I am at 4500-6000 rpms and I just hold the throttle steady without accelerating. It sounds like popcorn but cooler if that makes any sense. It sometimes pops on downshifts but I've noticed the crackles getting more and more frequent and I don't have to try as much to make it happen. What I am wondering is that is this normal or am I damaging something in the motor? I had an MBRP catback before and with the same kit I wouldn't get even close to the number or volume of crackles and pops as I do with the Corsa.
Did you have the MBRP exhaust before installing the Performance Pack 2? Did you have to do anything when you installed the Corsa exhaust? Thanks for any feedback!

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
The snap crackle and pop is sexy. But that’s my opinion. That’s the norm sound in my GTO. 😍
Sponsored