Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Stingray, 2021 GT Premium
The Bullitt also uses the 87mm/GT350 induction system on the 5.0.

I think there’s merit in trying the GM ZR1 95mm TB on the GT350 manifold using Mike’s adapter with modified taper (95mm x 90mm) The only hiccup might be the drive by wire signal.
The VE of the Coyote / VooDoo designed heads is over 110%
Well be doing this one too, but there are some changes needed for the DBW signal.

BTW, what sizes of porting and big inlet manifolds are the most common in the Mustang world?

The GM 87mm manifolds can be ported to 95mm and still keep a decent wall thickness. While aftermarket companies offer 103mm manifolds.

It will surely work with our Adapters, but I'm sure you guys port them too and we can basically match any porting size and skip the Adapter.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Well be doing this one too, but there are some changes needed for the DBW signal.
This is out of my wheelhouse but I’ve been wondering if swapping the Ford 87mm TB electrical cover onto the ZR1 95mm would solve the DBW signal challenge ?

BTW, what sizes of porting and big inlet manifolds are the most common in the Mustang world?
I’m only familiar with the OEM manifolds. The GT350 manifold aperture is at about 90mm. Ford didn’t leave much wall thickness at the TB sealing O-ring. There’s not much to be gained in porting the inlet without compromising O-ring support.

If you’re able to modify a 87mm TB up to 95mm then the ZR1 isn’t necessary unless the TB adapter is needed for throttle blade clearance on the 95mm TB to 90mm GT350 manifold aperture ?

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That's right, Greg. When the 87mm-89mm manifold is ported to 95mm it will lose the seal gland. This is why we plan to provide it with a gasket.

If left at stock size, then the blade won't be able to open past 30% TP, that is one reason an Adapter is needed, the other reason is smoothing/tapering the transition from one size to the other.

The hole pattern is also different, this is another feature we'll add, a modified hole pattern for those who can port to 95mm and do a direct fit.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
This is why we plan to provide it with a gasket.

If left at stock size, then the blade won't be able to open past 30% TP, that is one reason an Adapter is needed, the other reason is smoothing/tapering the transition from one size to the other.

The hole pattern is also different, this is another feature we'll add, a modified hole pattern for those who can port to 95mm and do a direct fit.
The gasket and modded hole pattern is a great idea to minimize unnecessary parts.
I don’t have the stomach to open up my manifold so I purchased your adapter if and when I attempt to go the ZR1 95mm route.
66B1260A-30A7-4826-8E9E-9D140A112F17.jpeg

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I’d definitely be interested in testing your TB on my 2019 FBO Bullitt which shares the GT350 intake manifold and 87mm TB. Please put me on the list (if it’s not too late). Thanks
Add me to any test list there is. I’d definitely would love to test this on my Roush setup! I already have the Soler throttle controller which works very well.

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2019 Bullitt, and would love to test/ buy one of your TB's
Hello, Duece. There was a contingency with one of our testers and he won't be able to install the TB any time soon. So, if you are still up for it please email us your shipping info and we'll be glad to send it to you as soon as we get it back. Pls, let us know. Thanks!

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
Hello, Duece. There was a contingency with one of our testers and he won't be able to install the TB any time soon. So, if you are still up for it please email us your shipping info and we'll be glad to send it to you as soon as we get it back. Pls, let us know. Thanks!
PM sent!!!

Sponsored

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Let me start off this by saying Happy New Year to the whole Shelby/Mustang community. Secondly I want to express a huge thank you to Mike and the group at Soler Engineering for allowing me to participate in this trial. My car is a daily and does not see track time so I hope this provides insight for anyone who may be interested and uses their car similarly of which I know from reading many threads that there are many of you.

Installation was very easy, maybe 10 minutes and completely issue free. It’s so clear that this piece is very well made, the quality is evident.

This was the first drive and I ran it in normal mode the whole time.

Started just like normal and idles steady and smooth.

Pulling out of the garage it was evident that throttle tip in was smoother than stock.

Part throttle mid range power is noticeably improved.

Getting back on the throttle after a shift is much smoother as I had a less than smooth response, especially noticeable at part throttle. Now, at least on this first drive appears to be gone.

There is a bit of extra induction sound at full throttle in 6th. But the pull is definitely stronger.

At low speeds, say 30mph a pull in 3rd is obviously stronger.

Power from off idle to redline through the gears is impressive, feeling more like Sport mode but stronger. Enough so that the tires are scrabbling for traction all the way through second gear.

Total driveability is not a noticeable difference from stock. It’s very impressive in that more power is clearly being made, delivered smoother and without any perceptible drawbacks.

More entries to follow. I need to try out this in each drive mode and share what I learn. As well as how it behaves on a very cold engine after being parked outside all day while at work.

Per the information on Soler’s website it does indeed seem to improve driveability and response similar to what is promised by some of the throttle controllers available for our cars. I like this solution so much better as it not only performs as advertised but no add-on electronics or tune are needed.

Last edited:

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
Let me start off this by saying Happy New Year to the whole Shelby/Mustang community. Secondly I want to express a huge thank you to Mike and the group at Soler Engineer for allowing g me to participate in this trial. My car is a daily and does not see track time so I hope this provides insight for anyone who may be interested and uses their car similarly of which I know from reading many threads that there are many of you.

Installation was very easy, maybe 10 minutes and completely issue free. It’s so clear that this piece is very well made, the quality is evident.

This was the first drive and I ran it in normal mode the whole time.

Started just like normal.

Pulling out of the garage it was evident that throttle tip in was smoother than stock.

Part throttle mid range power is noticeably improved.

Getting back on the throttle after a shift is much smoother as I had a less than smooth response, especially noticeable at part throttle. Now, at least on this first drive appears to be gone.

There is a bit of extra induction sound at full throttle in 6th. But the pull is definitely stronger.

At low speeds, say 30mph a pull in 3rd is obviously stronger.

Power from off idle to redline through the gears is impressive, feeling more like Sport mode but stronger. Enough so that the tires are scrabbling for traction all the way through second gear.

Total driveability is not a noticeable difference from stock. It’s very impressive in that more power is clearly being made, delivered smoother and without any perceptible drawbacks.

More entries to follow. I need to try out this in each drive mode and share what I learn. As well as how it behaves on a very cold engine after being parked outside all day while at work.

Per the information on Soler’s website it does indeed seem to improve driveability and response similar to what is promised by some of the throttle controllers available for our cars. I like this solution so much better as it not only performs as advertised but no add-on electronics or tune are needed.
I am excited to test one as well!

Thanks for the initial impressions!

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
I track my gt350R pretty heavily, I’ll test out, I have a new race engine being dropped in and I can run this along with it. Regards

2020 gt350r

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I was very curious how the change would if any affect cold start after sitting outside all day. Today was a cold rainy day so that was even better. While stock there could sometimes be some stumbling and surging depending on throttle opening. All that was ever needed to eliminate that was to clutch in and allow the ecu to smooth it out. That did not happen today, noticeably smoother. Not much else to add for today since the roads were wet but still there is no question the engine feels more powerful as well as smoother.
Sponsored