Fraudulent Dealing with a Ford Dealer

1hotboss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
none
I had a 19 GT350 purchased in Canada and delivered to me in Canada. After driving it very seldom over the years I decided to trade it in for a classic car. I had the car's paint corrected, ppf, and ceramic coated and windows tinted. I put roughly only 7500 kms on the car. I ended up purchasing the ESP from Flood Ford in the US.
So I went to the dealer and made a deal for the classic car using the GT350 as trade. Of course because of the extra's I had done the car I was trying to negotiate a better price. I was dealing with the owner of dealership, I wanted an extra 1500USD for the ESP remaining time. The owner of the dealership asked his finance employee if the ESP could be transferred to the dealership. The answer was a NO the ESP plan could not be transferred to the dealer but to the new owner. Well unfortunately I made the deal without the extra for the ESP plan. Months passed and then became aware (thanks to this forum) that I could cash out from the ESP plan any remaining time I had left on the plan. Great, I thought I could recoup some of my funds. I contacted the ESP and they told me that the plan was transferred already to another party. I asked "how, I didn't authorize the transfer to anyone", a few days pass and they provided me with the transfer documents, and on the documents there was a very good attempt to forge my signature on two lines. I was shocked that someone forged my signature. I contacted the Ford owner and "he looked into it' and said the salesman who sold my car to someone filled out the paperwork for the transfer. He apologized and stated he would refund me the total premium of the ESP plan, which he did immediately, he apologized for his salesman and went on trying to make it seam like it was the sales person acted alone.

SO, I am glad I received my funds from the dealer, BUT I am really perplexed that someone went to the trouble to look up the contract I signed for the classic car and tried to replicate my signature. The dealer had my drivers license due to the deal I made from them and knowing that someone would do this concerns me that I could have been a victim of ID theft. Not sure how I should proceed, call Ford Customer Relations, call the police.

THanks for your opinions
Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Gee, a dealer with unscrupulous tactics? You have your money and I wouldnā€™t personally waste time on this as it will drag on forever and probably go nowhere. Your time and money however; good luck

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
From what you posted the dealer(owner) made it right. Thereā€˜s not much more he could have done in that situation other than the refund and the apology. It says something him refunding you the complete cost of the plan. I think Iā€™d accept the apology and refund and move on with life. He is most likely being honest about the salesperson doing this solo. You had the conversation about the transfer of the plan. The parties involved were aware and therefore there is no up side to him doing that like that in that situation. The sales person could have thought the warranty just got left behind and nothing more. He/she signing your name for the transfer, not ok. Iā€™d bet that conversation wasnā€™t pleasant for them and could have had an end result of being unemployed. Iā€™m not sure how the unauthorized signature to transfer the warranty which is attached to the car puts you in jeopardy of identity theft. I completely get being upset, and rightfully so, but I doubt thereā€™s anything other to the situation then is out in the open.

OP
OP

1hotboss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
none
As was mentioned, yes I obtained the appropriate refund from the dealer, but that was do to the fact that I became aware of the fraudulent signature. I am shocked that most people are saying "move on" I personally don't know why everyone is taking the forged signature thing so lightly...if not by chance this would have never been detected and I would have one been out of the money but secondly someone took it upon themselves to copy my signature. IF this was done at a financial institution the police would be involved .

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm not one to take things lightly. If it were me. Not only would I make a police report I'd want to see the salesman arrested for forgery. I'd also contact a lawyer. This can't be accepted with take your refund and move on. It's that attitude that has destroyed this nation.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Well unfortunately I made the deal without the extra for the ESP plan. Months passed and then became aware (thanks to this forum) that I could cash out from the ESP plan any remaining time I had left on the plan.
Is the remaining Ford ESP cash out just a straight time remaining prorate of the original plan cost? Thinking of doing the same thing.

OP
OP

1hotboss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
none
Is the remaining Ford ESP cash out just a straight time remaining prorate of the original plan cost? Thinking of doing the same thing.
I believe it is prorated minus a fee for early withdrawl

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
It's the perfect scam, they either get away with it and make money, or don't get away with it and send people their money with an apology and don't get in trouble... win/win. Who knows what other shit they do... imo, they need to be outted.
Sponsored