Frankinstein 2018 GT?

Leroy_Jinkens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brennan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ive been pumped the last month deciding on new visual mod to really change up my Gen 3. I decided on the GT350 side fenders and hood matched with the GT500 front bumper, side valence, rear valence and spoiler w/ gunnery flap. In my head I thought it would look great but now I'm starting to wonder if the mix will mesh? Maybe this is a classic buyer remorse that will pass. What's your thought on this? I've tried to find example of anything similar but can't find one. My car is a Race Red 2018 GT with the black PP wheels.
Sponsored

Fastrthnu5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt premium
I generally leave things in my cart for at least a week so i can go over options and just get over any buyers remorse pre buy. But what your describing wasnt on google search so looking at the parts separately and imaginng them on the car id say it will look good. Its all personal preference but it will definitely be unique and thats always a plus

OP
OP

Leroy_Jinkens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brennan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Good news! All parts have arrived to the shop with no damage! Should be getting the car to them mid July and expect to get it back around the end of July. I really do believe I am over thinking it. Separately, each part is the best from their respective model imo. Side fenders from the GT350 pop. The front bumper from the GT500, sleek and aggressive. and finally, the hood from the GT350. Underrated if you ask me and not as flashy compared to the 500. All in all I am excited. We're past the point of no return so whatever happens, happens! I'll note, the car is race red and the replacement part will be painted to match. By the end of all this I plan on replacing the side skirting, a new spoiler, adding Euro tail lights and GT350 style white racing stripes which compliment the hood so much. I will update this thread as we go along!

CR151S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP M6
I want those fenders bad! Can’t wait to see the finished product.

OP
OP

Leroy_Jinkens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brennan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I haven't seen them in person yet but the shop said they look great! I honestly can't say which piece I'm more excited for.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Leroy_Jinkens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brennan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Phase 2 of purchases begin now! This will consist of the following...

American Muscle
-MP Concepts GT500 Style Rear Diffuser (18-23 Mustang GT; 19-23 Mustang EcoBoost w/ Active Exhaust
-MP Concepts GT500 Style Side Rocker Splitters
-Renegade Series Sequential LED Tail Lights; Gloss Black Housing; Smoked Lens

LMR
Mustang GT350 Rear Splash Guard - LEFT& RIGHT
Mustang Ford Performance Deck Lid Trim Panel
Mustang Ford Performance Rear Spoiler with Gurney Flap

Everything listed above I think will really help bring the car together. "Phases 1" is essentially the entire front end. bringing on the gt500 skirt, new tail lights and the spoiler/ diffuser should help blind everything in! Can't wait!

CR151S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP M6
OP - Did you end up getting the fenders on and painted?

OP
OP

Leroy_Jinkens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brennan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Sort of! Hood, fenders and bumper should be on and painted by Monday. I went to the shop and saw everything in different stages of completion. Fenders looked sick! Hell all of the body parts looked good. Only negative to note was with the hood. American Muscle advertised or at a minimum did not mention the hood vent on the gt350 replacement hood is not functional. For one, the gt comes with 2 functional vents. Why spend $800 to downgrade? Two, if I wanted a nonfictional vent I could have went to autozone and bought a 3m stick on…either way the shop and I are working on a way to make it function properly. Once I get her back next week I’ll be posting photos for sure before moving on to “stage 2” of this project. And if anyone’s interested in making the gt359 hood functional, let me know and I’ll post what we ended up doing.

OP
OP

Leroy_Jinkens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brennan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Received some photos today! She’s coming along nicely👌🏼
71199280103__5BF4E776-F7D4-4BDA-8AFA-5C2E63E949D7.jpeg
71199279174__3F3BA7C8-55A5-4572-ABFC-C3D90E95B72A.jpeg

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
Sort of! Hood, fenders and bumper should be on and painted by Monday. I went to the shop and saw everything in different stages of completion. Fenders looked sick! Hell all of the body parts looked good. Only negative to note was with the hood. American Muscle advertised or at a minimum did not mention the hood vent on the gt350 replacement hood is not functional. For one, the gt comes with 2 functional vents. Why spend $800 to downgrade? Two, if I wanted a nonfictional vent I could have went to autozone and bought a 3m stick on…either way the shop and I are working on a way to make it function properly. Once I get her back next week I’ll be posting photos for sure before moving on to “stage 2” of this project. And if anyone’s interested in making the gt359 hood functional, let me know and I’ll post what we ended up doing.
you probably just need to dremel out some plastic to open up that venting.

Sponsored

CR151S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP M6
Received some photos today! She’s coming along nicely👌🏼
71199280103__5BF4E776-F7D4-4BDA-8AFA-5C2E63E949D7.jpeg
71199279174__3F3BA7C8-55A5-4572-ABFC-C3D90E95B72A.jpeg
Looks good! Almost a missed opportunity to just add trackspec vents.

Let’s see the finished work!

OP
OP

Leroy_Jinkens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brennan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
you probably just need to dremel out some plastic to open up that venting.
It’s all solid metal. It would need to be cut. I’m concerned is I’m no wind aero expert so while I would like it to function, just cutting a hole in it probably is t the bet option you know?

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
It’s all solid metal. It would need to be cut. I’m concerned is I’m no wind aero expert so while I would like it to function, just cutting a hole in it probably is t the bet option you know?
I'd go for it. It would reduce engine Temps and help against hood flutter

OP
OP

Leroy_Jinkens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brennan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Also concerned with where water would fall if I were to drive in the rain. I’m open to recommendations