bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439422314.287167.jpg

Not sure when it happened or what did it. The reflection makes it look worse than it is, but it's pretty noticeable. Not as upset as I thought I would have been about a ding, but pretty disappointing. I've heard dings on the trunk lid can be pretty cheap to repair from paintless dent repair though, I guess because it's easy to get to.

On a positive note, got my trunk and floor mats!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439422458.275340.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439422469.569683.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
That should pop out fairly easily with paintless dent removal guys. Cheap fix. Still sucks.

OP
OP
bmatt

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Yea I was thinking so, going to see if the dealer has a guy, they have a body shop there. Have to go up there to get my windows tinted soon anyway.

Really curious what the heck happened. No paint damage and seems pretty uniform, no sharp crease. Very odd.

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
spoiler or wing could help too

OP
OP
bmatt

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
spoiler or wing could help too

Haha that crossed my mind as well... Figure it's probably about $50-100 for a paintless dent repair or $300 for a spoiler to cover it? Haven't looked at many spoilers yet though.

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Won't cost more than $100

OP
OP
bmatt

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Yea I generally park in a parking garage for work as well and I back in to a corner spot. I wish I knew when it happened, I'm guessing it may have been in my driveway though. We have some tall oaks in the front yard and sometimes I have to park a bit back when my wife parks her van weird. I'm thinking maybe a branch or acorn fell off and hit it maybe, but it still seems odd for that as I'd expect a sharp dent and this isn't so sharp.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Yea I was thinking so, going to see if the dealer has a guy, they have a body shop there. Have to go up there to get my windows tinted soon anyway.

Really curious what the heck happened. No paint damage and seems pretty uniform, no sharp crease. Very odd.

PLEASE...do not go to the dealer for body work, and absolutely don't go to the dealer for window tint.

Dealer body shops are hacks, and the tint guy is a whore who is the lowest bidder.

Do your home work, and find good shops for both.

That dent could have been an acorn, but most likely a golf ball or something was tossed at your car.

BLKONBLK2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
+1 for paintless dent removal. I have seen far worse fixed using PDR.....this one will be a walk in the park for a good PDR guy....

Sponsored

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
PLEASE...do not go to the dealer for body work, and absolutely don't go to the dealer for window tint.

Dealer body shops are hacks, and the tint guy is a whore who is the lowest bidder.

Do your home work, and find good shops for both.

That dent could have been an acorn, but most likely a golf ball or something was tossed at your car.
This X1000. Theres no way an acorn did that to your car, and a tree branch would have scratched the paint as well. That almost looks purposefully done to me? Or a stray object (like the golf ball that was mentioned) struck the car when you werent around. Make your wife straighten her parking job up man, your car > that damn mini van.

OP
OP
bmatt

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Well the tint is "free," they have some they did up there and it looks like they did a reasonably good job. Assuming they get me in to have the tint done at this point.

I had the same thoughts on the PDR guy at the dealership, I'll look around a bit to see what I can find. Thanks!

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I would be pretty upset. Almost more because I don't know how it happened. People these days man, probably someone some how. That's a stiff part of the trunk, I wouldn't think it was a "natural" accident

XDMan

El Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium With 50th Anniversary Pack
Too bad you aren't in South Florida. I know a guy that does this for the dealers. Dealers WILL mark-up the price on you. He works out of his home garage on the weekends and is very reasonable and very good at his craft. That dent would probably cost me $40.
Sponsored