Sponsored

Found: '22 GT500 w/ 50 miles for sticker price.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Are we going to ignore that a child ordered a car, and daddy would not pay for it? Who orders a car for a kid expecting anything different LOL...
Sponsored

OP
OP

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
Your letting your imagination run away, the guy was 30-40 age range. Pops was probably going to co-sign and backed out.

Airport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The window sticker is actually $90,065
Your letting your imagination run away, the guy was 30-40 age range. Pops was probably going to co-sign and backed out.
What happened to the remark the OP said the owner of the dealership made about not selling over sticker?
I just called them today, 5-30, and they still have the car. It is still $5k over sticker.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
Last edited:
OP
OP

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
Hey Airport, why are you busting my ass over what Charles Capper told me? When you called them, you should have asked them why he was telling people they don't do dealer markup.

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I just sent an inquiry for the window sticker to my email. Will update the thread if I actually get one emailed or text to me or not.
edit: when I made it to page 2 I noticed someone linked it so nevermind.
edit2: I did also notice on the link for the car it actually does say used at the top of the page. If that is indeed true then I feel like they'll never get msrp for that car unless someone doesn't care that they will not get the owners kit/track attack experience or true new vehicle warranty when they purchase the car unfortunately.

Last edited:

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
The 500 market has softened somewhat relative to the extreme hype of COVID era induced.

I do think multiple factors are providing a price floor, at least for now from my perception and research.

1. Energy costs are still high relatively. There is a conscious choice by refiners (despite the cost of oil per barrel) to charge more. Energy costs are simply causing a permanent upward price movement in many items. Regardless of whatever CPI is, a lot of stuff is 25-50% more than it was prior to COVID. The correlation to energy prices is very very tight. That's a lot of inflation and cars were no exception.

2. Accurate or not, the perception that the future is going to be EV (I think EVs are just a decade-long stepping stone, and technological bridge to things like fuel cells myself) is further reinforcing values.

3. While not extremely small batch, a limited run of ~15k helps. There are only going to be less as people crash them.

4. The car is genuinely a ton of fun to drive, and it rips in both a straight line and on a racetrack while both sounding and looking amazing. That is a potent combo which makes it desirable. Sure, not as much as a manual GT4RS, but enough to result in people being willing to pay over sticker. If it had been in the original fast and furious movie...it might be stupid expensive just from cultural appeal. It is simply, a cool car.

5. I expect Ford to do something with the supposed last gen mustang from a high performance variant standpoint given it is an 8 year run and they almost always do anyways. From everything we know, Shelby is not involved. At this time, there is good reason to believe this is it from an ICE GT500 standpoint. I do wonder if Ford is shifting to more of a track-only style car in the way hypercar MFGs do. You can actually go onto the Ford Performance Website and work through Multimatic to buy a GT4....maybe this is the high performance variant future. Hopefully someone knows more than me.

6. The "Golden Ticket" cars will probably continue to command a premium within existing premiums. However, I think this is where a natural price ceiling starts to exist (for now) as the cost starts to put you into optioned 911 territory, even Aston Martin Vantage ect. and brand perception and styling plays a big role here. The clientele and expectations change a bit. The entry price point also eliminates a chunk of buying demographic. Over time however, as the miles go up and there are fewer nice ones available, I do expect this to help reinforce values. Especially if interest rates start dropping again.

7. Finally, digital media. COVID (realistically, prior to COVID as well) resulted in an explosion of people actually having free time to be creative and to do stuff (or being forced to survive). DIY car builds, channels, projects, and Top Gear spinoffs are EVERYWHERE. It's awesome :)

Not exhaustive...but it felt like it writing it all out.

Airport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey Airport, why are you busting my ass over what Charles Capper told me? When you called them, you should have asked them why he was telling people they don't do dealer markup.
Hey, Iā€™m not busting your ass at all. In fact, I respect what you said. If Iā€™m busting anyoneā€™s ass it the sales managerā€™s butt for jacking up the price.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
New car markups have dropped a little for leftover inventory. Don't forget that we are nearing the intro to the 2024 Mustangs hitting the lots. These 500s are 2022 models.

Airport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
New car markups have dropped a little for leftover inventory. Don't forget that we are nearing the intro to the 2024 Mustangs hitting the lots. These 500s are 2022 models.
True. I keep hearing theat car prices are expected to drop. For some makes and models that is accurate. However, for a car that has huge ā€œemotional appealā€ like the Shelby, I do not anticipate dealers will be too quick to lower the price. Maybe never. The thought of getting MSRP plus ADM is what sales managers dream of. These small people want to look ā€˜bigā€™ to their owners.

Sponsored

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The window sticker is actually $90,065

What happened to the remark the OP said the owner of the dealership made about not selling over sticker?
I just called them today, 5-30, and they still have the car. It is still $5k over sticker.
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚