MIDLYFE

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Every time you take a hot shower thank fossil fuels.
Sponsored

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
Well I can sure say that I'm no expert on this or much else for that matter, so I kind of have to rely on those much better qualified than me.

I'm betting when the gasoline powered auto started to become popular, there were a lot folks with horses saying it was the wrong way to go.

One thing I have learnt is that the only thing for sure in life is change.

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Electric vehicles have been produced since 1830, as were public transportation. Gasoline lobby was a dirty game and here we are. Europe is overwhelming transitioning to electric because they know it's better. Again, you sound like a bunch of whining babies. Just enjoy your car.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Europe is overwhelming transitioning to electric because they know it's better.
Not because it's better, because it is being mandated without clear evidence that it's actually do-able. What might be the economic fallout if electric-everything isn't as sustainable as its fans are so willing to believe?

Never mind that 'better' as seen through my eyes is likely to be a bit different than 'better' as seen through yours, and not just where EVs are concerned.

Norm

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
You mean, can’t predict the future, except for the 40 odd years that they’ve been predicting average global temp with alarming accuracy...
I suppose you didn’t know about that either right?
I just can’t facepalm hard enough right now.

As far as “sides“ are concerned, you have a group of people who can and will change their minds as the evidence changes. The other side is a group of people, who by definition, cannot change their mind, regardless of the data.
To put it bluntly, if the current data-set doesn’t convince you, it’s unlikely that anything ever could.
Thats foundational to being a skeptic though right?
The "current" data set has been CHANGED. The master minds have cooled the past and warmed the present and the records show that, my blind friend.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I feel that some of you skeptics should actually take the time to watch this and try and come up with alternative explanations as to how exactly the Earth has warmed and cooled over the eons, despite solar irradiance (typically) increasing over the history of this planet.
Id also like you to explain how greenhouse gases can’t alter the global temp, even though they’ve been doing it since the birth of the planet.

OMG, now I know why you are so ignorent
I feel that some of you skeptics should actually take the time to watch this and try and come up with alternative explanations as to how exactly the Earth has warmed and cooled over the eons, despite solar irradiance (typically) increasing over the history of this planet.
Id also like you to explain how greenhouse gases can’t alter the global temp, even though they’ve been doing it since the birth of the planet.

OMG, now I know why your are as dumb as a rock, you listen to potholer54. Taking turns writing papers that support eachother and changing the data record is not science. Enough said.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
A guy who owns a GT Mustang giving us grief over fossil fuels and global warming. I spent over thirty years as a science/Biology teacher and had lots of environmental units included in the physical and general science classes. I could comment on the subject but it seems pretty clear my take would be dismissed the first time I made a statement which went against the current agenda. Even if the comment made sense and could be backed up.
So basically you're arguing that people who have children shouldnt be allowed to try and educate people with regard to birth control. Good one.
I honestly don't care what your “take” is. However, if you can provide a link to a scientific paper, published in a respected, peer-revised journal that supports your “take”, I’m more than willing to read it.
The fact that you’ve described it as an “agenda” seems to suggest that you may have never filled a role as a research scientist.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
like I said you swallowed it

Outside of nucluar weapons you really think we can destroy this planet. Grow up
Erm...I never said we could destroy the planet. We could make it quite uninhabitable for human life though, like it was for the vast majority of the Earths history.
You seem to think that the life on this planet is somehow impervious to the climate. 99.9% of animal species that have ever lived would disagree with you.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The "current" data set has been CHANGED. The master minds have cooled the past and warmed the present and the records show that, my blind friend.
Ok, go for it. This has been repeatedly claimed, and to some extent it’s actually true. Now show us what they did, and how much effect it had on the results.
I’ll wait. This will be hilarious.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
OMG, now I know why you are so ignorent

OMG, now I know why your are as dumb as a rock, you listen to potholer54. Taking turns writing papers that support eachother and changing the data record is not science. Enough said.
Actually, I don’t “listen” to Potholer. I take the time to read the scientific papers that he cites in the footnotes of his videos when and where I can.
Potholer simply reports the findings of those papers in a much easier to digest format for people like us (lay people).
Ever seen Tony Heller actually provide you with a link to a paper that’s been published in a respected journal? Or, does he simply cherry pick whatever data he can get his hands on and misrepresent it until it fits the narrative?

Ever tried to read an IPCC report? It’s hard. Really hard. Oh, and lengthy too.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
What about all the reference points that no longer exist from the book State of fear?
They made it clear man made climate change is a hoax.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.