Fortune auto 500 w/swift springs vs magneride equipped car

2020_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lino
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Hello, anyone here has done the magneride delete kit to put on aftermarket coilovers ?

First, I absolutely love the comfortable ride and how well behaved the car is in stock form on my magneride equipped PP1 mustang. It truly drives amazing, comfortable, and soaks up the road imperfections so well. Honestly, I don’t even feel the road that I find myself doing 80mph plus speeds on the freeway unintentionally.

The only con I have is the wheel gap it currently has and don’t really want to do lowering springs.

Yes, I like the static or bagged look.

I’m considering fortune auto 500 coilovers with swift spring upgrade due to the lower look eliminating wheel gap.

However, I’m quite unsure whether the performance advantage will be substantially greater than the magneride shocks.

Also, I’m a little worried that it will be a jarred driving experience if these coilovers are bouncy which some tend to be..
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
lowering springs are the best way to have both.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I would go for Ohlins R&T and custom rates over the Fortune 500 any day. If you're going to do coilovers you need to pay $$$ for quality.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
didn't someone here do a bag-kit "retrofit" that married bags to MR? You want the MR lowering springs. Otherwise you're looking at no less than 3000-5000 to get suspension worth a damn.

definitely do NOT do FA-500 series and hope to supercede (let alone come anywhere close) to MR comfort or performance.

My R&D project with Fortune-Auto for 3-way "professional" setup using their new DSCv2 piston got pushed back a few months. I'm super-anal about what I consider acceptable suspension so we may be in their dyno room re-doing shim stacks for a while.
Sponsored