FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
that's what those little gain knobs are. Lol you increase sensitivity. but your lc2i has the same settings, so your little clips should work good.
Sponsored

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
What should an after market amp connect to for power? Direct to the battery or to somewhere on the fuse box?

OP
OP

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
that's what those little gain knobs are. Lol you increase sensitivity. but your lc2i has the same settings, so your little clips should work good.
I did try that....still got next to nothing

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
What should an after market amp connect to for power? Direct to the battery or to somewhere on the fuse box?
You should direct wire to the battery with a fuse as close to the battery as practical. For the negative side of things, ground it to the body of the car.
image.jpg

MegaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson Mustang GT A10 Base
They are low level, I got around 6v from each with my meter...I ordered a set of rca adapters, will tie in each wire into the it than run it into a splitter than into the amp, should that do the trick?
6V fixed or 0-6V depending on volume adjustment from factory radio?

Sponsored

MegaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also have an "0" inputted in forscan
727-01-02 1050

Should I change it to "A"?
I wouldn't change anything yet

Did you mean 727-01-01 1050?

If you meant 727-01-01 1050, is that your factory setting? Or is there a chance it got changed by mistake the last time you were in? Check the As-built download, if you haven't already, from the linked post. The 105 makes sense to me unsure about the 4th digit.

I know in one of your other posts you mentioned having issues searching for your answers, the search function can be tough sometimes, I'm sure the info is already out there as I have seen plenty of sub posts, it may just take doing it the hard way, i.e. finding sub related posts for your set-up and reading through the entire thing start to finish. I know for the base system I had to do a lot of that. We really need a Base Sticky at the top and the Speaker one that's there now really favored the premium systems and has gotten so big can be difficult to search or read through.

All that said, I would still like to hear about your As Built because

On the Forscan tutorial spreadsheet I found this on the Common tab

Auxiliary External SubwooferACM727-01-01xxx8xxxxxxxx** use this for aftermarket kicker sub & amp **

I suspect your issue is with that 4th digit and not sticking with the low level RCA

OP
OP

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I wouldn't change anything yet

Did you mean 727-01-01 1050?

If you meant 727-01-01 1050, is that your factory setting? Or is there a chance it got changed by mistake the last time you were in? Check the As-built download, if you haven't already, from the linked post. The 105 makes sense to me unsure about the 4th digit.

I know in one of your other posts you mentioned having issues searching for your answers, the search function can be tough sometimes, I'm sure the info is already out there as I have seen plenty of sub posts, it may just take doing it the hard way, i.e. finding sub related posts for your set-up and reading through the entire thing start to finish. I know for the base system I had to do a lot of that. We really need a Base Sticky at the top and the Speaker one that's there now really favored the premium systems and has gotten so big can be difficult to search or read through.

All that said, I would still like to hear about your As Built because

On the Forscan tutorial spreadsheet I found this on the Common tab

Auxiliary External SubwooferACM727-01-01xxx8xxxxxxxx** use this for aftermarket kicker sub & amp **

I suspect your issue is with that 4th digit and not sticking with the low level RCA
The search is pretty rough....coupled with all the changes....3 different systems, with small differences popping up depending on the year...makes for a tough go of things.

That said... I've found the issue, for my system at least, lol

Turns out my hunch about rear deck low levels clipping is correct....I spliced my 2 inout leads that fed my stock amp into an rca and VOILA, no clipping!

As for the forscan, I'm pretty sure I changed that to a "0" from an "A" which it originally had. I think I'll give the "8" a try next time I'm putting around with it.

Thank you for your help man, I really appreciate it!

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
You should direct wire to the battery with a fuse as close to the battery as practical. For the negative side of things, ground it to the body of the car.
Okay, connected directly to the battery. Thanks.
One last question: remote turn on: do I just connect the remote blue wire to a fuse that shuts down when the engine is shut off?

(Sorry for the short hijack)

MegaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since you have a premium model confirm that you have a similar plug in the 2020 shown in this 2018 drawing and check the amplifier enable wire below with your meter and verify it works as you need it to.

Premium_SW_Wiring.png

Sub_Connector_C4109A.png

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Okay, connected directly to the battery. Thanks.
One last question: remote turn on: do I just connect the remote blue wire to a fuse that shuts down when the engine is shut off?

(Sorry for the short hijack)
If I remember correctly, there is a 12v that feeds the rear view camera that people tap into. I remember mine having the dsp turn on by signal sensing and it’s turn on lead out then goes to a relay that turns on everything else.
I know it sucks, but reading that very first sticky thread will give you most of you will need.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
There is a blue wire with white that is in the wire loom that connects your car to your trunk when you open it....cut that loom open and find it. Splice into that and your good to go.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I used a fuse tap on fuse 23 (if I recall) its accessory, it turns on the system when I hit the ignition button. was easy as pie, cost like 20 bucks though for the fuse tap micro
Sponsored