Sponsored

Forscan - ABS module U2024 U2100 - new component not programmed/initial configuration not complete

Vroom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
i installed a new abs module and many other components that are having an issue of being not programmed or initial configuration not complete U2024/U2100.

How do you do this in forscan?
If not what are my options, go to dealer?

Not under tools or programming tab as far as I can see.
Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
units need to be configured. Like body modules or even the smart junction boxes of yester-year in previous model Mustangs when replaced they need to be interfaced and programmed through a programmer capable of doing this. A dealer or a properly equipped service center or speed shop can handle this. Remember that devices all communicate via can-bus these days. They have to be addressed (aka identity node number) and initialized for the other modules and ECU they interact with to see them on the bus. It is not simply a plug and play function. The can bus based coms I have used have had devices that are manually configurable. That would certainly not benefit the automotive world with all of the devices communicating on the canbus used in cars today. Lower node ID numbers determine higher priority on the bus as well while higher node ID numbers have less priority. Just a little added FYI for better understanding as to why things are often set up this way.

OP
OP

Vroom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
units need to be configured. Like body modules or even the smart junction boxes of yester-year in previous model Mustangs when replaced they need to be interfaced and programmed through a programmer capable of doing this. A dealer or a properly equipped service center or speed shop can handle this. Remember that devices all communicate via can-bus these days. They have to be addressed (aka identity node number) and initialized for the other modules and ECU they interact with to see them on the bus. It is not simply a plug and play function. The can bus based coms I have used have had devices that are manually configurable. That would certainly not benefit the automotive world with all of the devices communicating on the canbus used in cars today. Lower node ID numbers determine higher priority on the bus as well while higher node ID numbers have less priority. Just a little added FYI for better understanding as to why things are often set up this way.
Good info thanks, so it seems like a dealer only thing then.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
My speed shop has the capablility of doing all of this. So it isn't limited other than the equipment and if there is a certification needed to purchase it before hand. A buddy of mine replaced his smart junction box a few years ago (picked one up off ebay as I recall) and went to the guys I use and they reflashed the unit so everything was on line and communicating for much less than the dealer. I'd give you the name but I see you are in the south.

OP
OP

Vroom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My speed shop has the capablility of doing all of this. So it isn't limited other than the equipment and if there is a certification needed to purchase it before hand. A buddy of mine replaced his smart junction box a few years ago (picked one up off ebay as I recall) and went to the guys I use and they reflashed the unit so everything was on line and communicating for much less than the dealer. I'd give you the name but I see you are in the south.
Any idea on the software/hardware they use? Probably prohibitively expensive but i much prefer my own garage.

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
not a clue. I'll be there Monday and can ask them. As with most software of this type there is likely initial purchase cost for the software and hardware and then an annual license renewal that reactivates the package and keeps it updated with all the changes. You're looking at thousands in investment and then likely 4 digits per year for license renewal and update access I am guessing. As I recall the device is made by Snap On so that in itself says TOING! just for the name plate.

OP
OP

Vroom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
not a clue. I'll be there Monday and can ask them. As with most software of this type there is likely initial purchase cost for the software and hardware and then an annual license renewal that reactivates the package and keeps it updated with all the changes. You're looking at thousands in investment and then likely 4 digits per year for license renewal and update access I am guessing. As I recall the device is made by Snap On so that in itself says TOING! just for the name plate.
yeah I'm not made of money, its more of a curiosity if that's the case. Thanks

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Since you were curious, I spoke with the owner of Finishline Performance Monday briefly on his setup to do full initialization/programming of canbus modules while there with my project. He said that in addition to the layout which he stated was a huge initial cost but did not say how much. There is also annual license renewal costs on the software that maintains the system to remain current as updates are released. The entire system is actually a Ford product he stated.

These guys have some really cool stuff. They also have a setup on a SNAP-ON cart that works as diagnostics, manuals, updates on recalls, TSB's, etc. While they are not able to do Warranty work for any MFGR they still have the 411 to be able to inform the customer of such situations that may be covered so the customer can have the issue resolved at his/her local dealer. He works closely with a Ford dealer down the street on Ford related warranty issues and also provides them used car inspection work for customers seeking one when purchasing a car. They do a lot more than just performance work which will likely keep them busy for many years to come. You know when you see little old ladies coming in to have work done there, it shows he is an upstanding person who runs a legit business. I consider it a pleasure not only to know him but also be considered a friend.

Hope that answers your questions. It's def not something to buy and sit on a shelf unless you happen to have the money of Tony Stark of Stark Industries (Iron Man ref).

OP
OP

Vroom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Since you were curious, I spoke with the owner of Finishline Performance Monday briefly on his setup to do full initialization/programming of canbus modules while there with my project. He said that in addition to the layout which he stated was a huge initial cost but did not say how much. There is also annual license renewal costs on the software that maintains the system to remain current as updates are released. The entire system is actually a Ford product he stated.

These guys have some really cool stuff. They also have a setup on a SNAP-ON cart that works as diagnostics, manuals, updates on recalls, TSB's, etc. While they are not able to do Warranty work for any MFGR they still have the 411 to be able to inform the customer of such situations that may be covered so the customer can have the issue resolved at his/her local dealer. He works closely with a Ford dealer down the street on Ford related warranty issues and also provides them used car inspection work for customers seeking one when purchasing a car. They do a lot more than just performance work which will likely keep them busy for many years to come. You know when you see little old ladies coming in to have work done there, it shows he is an upstanding person who runs a legit business. I consider it a pleasure not only to know him but also be considered a friend.

Hope that answers your questions. It's def not something to buy and sit on a shelf unless you happen to have the money of Tony Stark of Stark Industries (Iron Man ref).
Yea no doubt its definitely hard to come by a good shop, hopefully i can find one locally with those capabilities. Has been over a decade since i used any mechanic shop besides alignments. Thanks for answering, I figured it would be a large chunk of change.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Kinda digging up an old one here but are you saying that Finish Line Performance (Plainfield, IL) can reprogram the expected module part for everything else on the CAN if I were to say, get a GT PP2 ABS module?

Sponsored

BoostedMTBer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Kinda digging up an old one here but are you saying that Finish Line Performance (Plainfield, IL) can reprogram the expected module part for everything else on the CAN if I were to say, get a GT PP2 ABS module?
Buddy sent me this because I just installed a scrap yard abs module on my s550 and am here to tell you that you CAN update the VIN using forscan. You do have to buy the extended license but it's like $10 for a year. Once you're hooked
it's one of the abs service procs. Can walk you through it if you need help
Screenshot_20200403-193556_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20200403-193602_Instagram.jpg

BoostedMTBer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Buddy sent me this because I just installed a scrap yard abs module on my s550 and am here to tell you that you CAN update the VIN using forscan. You do have to buy the extended license but it's like $10 for a year. Once you're hooked
it's one of the abs service procs. Can walk you through it if you need help
Screenshot_20200403-193556_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20200403-193602_Instagram.jpg
I've had a few people reach out and figured i'll post up a quick walk through :
Configuration & Programing -> ABS Module Config -> Run Service Proc -> select VIN -> Edit Selected -> write -> stop service proc

upload_2020-9-4_11-57-25.png
upload_2020-9-4_11-59-3.png
Sponsored