GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What I can't understand is how a sport with so much money can be so mind numbingly boring. I like all the technical data, science and physics behind it all but the actual race, like the Tour de France, is only good when they crash. OMG, I've just had a genius idea, why don't they have the F1 and cycling together and make it like a combination of Mario Cart and Road Rash :crackup:
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
What I can't understand is how a sport with so much money can be so mind numbingly boring. I like all the technical data, science and physics behind it all but the actual race, like the Tour de France, is only good when they crash. OMG, I've just had a genius idea, why don't they have the F1 and cycling together and make it like a combination of Mario Cart and Road Rash :crackup:
I still can't believe they rejected my proposal to use figure 8 tracks for some races.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Getting to the point the entertainment portion of an F1 race is reading the after-race stories. So far the Ferrari and MB stories are among the better.
Cannot know for sure other than the cuss-fuss LH made on the radio that he can no longer recall, but reports indicate some other tantrum like behavior. Guess he doesn't like being a #2 driver.

The one I like is him contending Max's success as a driver is due to the better car. Duh. Thought that was a given. Not every driver in a great car can wring the most out of it, but put any good driver in a mediocre car and they will not finish at the front.

Anyway, this last race has generated some good stories.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
@HoosierDaddy no one cares about the driver's championship past the winner. So helping George really makes no difference unless it helps the constructors race.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
@HoosierDaddy no one cares about the driver's championship past the winner. So helping George really makes no difference unless it helps the constructors race.
I asked Lewis and George if they cared if they had more points than the other. Want to guess what they said?

Of course, drivers who know they won't be champion have been known to eat too many sour grapes.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked Lewis and George if they cared if they had more points than the other. Want to guess what they said?

Of course, drivers who know they won't be champion have been known to eat too many sour grapes.
Okay, I guess I should have clarified...the drivers themselves do care especially in regards to beating their teammate. Other than that only the winner is really remembered.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Have the FI practice on this morning. The voices are very much better from the commentary box. Some female voices, but that is misleading. More that the screecher is absent. Anyway, much easier on the ears so far. Hope it lasts the weekend.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Have the FI practice on this morning. The voices are very much better from the commentary box. Some female voices, but that is misleading. More that the screecher is absent. Anyway, much easier on the ears so far. Hope it lasts the weekend.
Who is the screecher?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Who is the screecher?
Hello; Do not know the name. I get the F1 races on ESPNUHD so he was one of the announcers heard in the past. (last weeks and before) Only name I can recall is from one talker calling the other "crofty" or something like that. Not sure if i am referring to the "crofty" voice or the one calling the other crofty. Anyway, some better on the ears this morning.

Just heard one this morning called Rachel.

Now if they could get back to a naturally aspirated V8 or V10 the sound of a race would improve. Back a few seasons ago after the turbo + battery power units started in use, the best sound of a race was the V8 rumble of the MB safety car. Lately have not been hearing even that.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Do not know the name. I get the F1 races on ESPNUHD so he was one of the announcers heard in the past. (last weeks and before) Only name I can recall is from one talker calling the other "crofty" or something like that. Not sure if i am referring to the "crofty" voice or the one calling the other crofty. Anyway, some better on the ears this morning.

Now if they could get back to a naturally aspirated V8 or V10 the sound of a race would improve. Back a few seasons ago after the turbo + battery power units started in use, the best sound of a race was the V8 rumble of the MB safety car. Lately have not been hearing even that.
Hello; Oh well they are back in practice 2.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

David Croft is probably who you are referring to...I believe he does the race starts and basically hyperventilates. Rachel Brookes is one of the female commentators. She and Natalie Pinkham do a good job to me. Natalie is quite easy on the eyes.

tp-composite-natalie-pinkman.jpg

We all know this will never happen as much as it would be fantastic. At this point we should just be greatful they are not all EVs.

Darthy Jo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, 1986 Panther Kallista
I usually watch the F1TV stream and vid chat with a friend watching the international feed (ESPN) up north. Always switching back and forth to hear the different announcers but I don't remember Natalie. I usually have Laura Winter.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Monza…..9 drivers with grid penalties and a rookie stating his first race. What could possibly go wrong. :giggle:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I expected some shenanigans at the start, but was wrong and it was pretty clean actually. Redbulls race pace, Verstappen, is just on a different level then the others currently.

Monza…..9 drivers with grid penalties and a rookie stating his first race. What could possibly go wrong. :giggle:
Sponsored