Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
So anyway, decent race today. Max just drove around for 70 laps. Alonso was, again, excellent. Lewis/MB continue to improve at a track they haven't been great on for awhile. Some good racing in the midpack as well. Shame for Russell but everyone makes mistakes.
I think that MB and Aston are going to do some great development this year but they won’t catch RB unless F1 gets involved behind the scenes to make sure RB doesn’t develop too much and make it more exciting by the end of the year.
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
So anyway, decent race today. Max just drove around for 70 laps. Alonso was, again, excellent. Lewis/MB continue to improve at a track they haven't been great on for awhile. Some good racing in the midpack as well. Shame for Russell but everyone makes mistakes.
Alonso is doing unexpectedly well, indeed. I’m impressed.
I didn’t quite understand why Albon was voted driver of the day. He didn’t seem to me to have done anything remarkable. I can’t even remember hearing his name being mentioned during the race. But who knows, maybe I missed something.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Alonso is doing unexpectedly well, indeed. I’m impressed.
I didn’t quite understand why Albon was voted driver of the day. He didn’t seem to me to have done anything remarkable. I can’t even remember hearing his name being mentioned during the race. But who knows, maybe I missed something.
A Williams in P7 is something that’s hard to miss. :giggle: :like:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I think that MB and Aston are going to do some great development this year but they won’t catch Max unless F1 gets involved behind the scenes to make sure RB doesn’t develop too much and make it more exciting by the end of the year.
Fixed that for you. And there is nothing F1 can or will do unless RB is screwing around. The goods news is that the gap between P1-P3 came down quite a bit. Does it mean anything? I guess we’ll see in Austria.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I don’t think it came down at all regardless what the ending gap was. Verstappen is smart enough by now to not push the car if its not necessary. Aston Martin did a great job upping the performance. Next race we’ll see if it was legit or not. As much as I like Checo I’d be surprised if he’s around at Redbull next year.

Fixed that for you. And there is nothing F1 can or will do unless RB is screwing around. The goods news is that the gap between P1-P3 came down quite a bit. Does it mean anything? I guess we’ll see in Austria.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I don’t think it came down at all regardless what the ending gap was. Verstappen is smart enough by now to not push the car if its not necessary. Aston Martin did a great job upping the performance. Next race we’ll see if it was legit or not. As much as I like Checo I’d be surprised if he’s around at Redbull next year.
Yup yup...just like Lewis a few years ago. Save the tires and only push on the opening laps to get out of DRS.

Then of course came the 1 point for fastest lap so you push on that as well.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
As much as I like Checo I’d be surprised if he’s around at Redbull next year.
Same here, he’s history. Same with Lance. Daddy can only protect him for so long. Now about Charles???

Then of course came the 1 point for fastest lap so you push on that as well.
So Max let Lewis have the point? In the past he always went for it. Even against team orders.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I doubt Lance will go any where. But who knows. Stroll has always made it clear he won’t apologize for having the means to afford his Lance the opportunity. That’s most racing in gneral. Opportunity.The Daddy reference is a little different.

LeClerc, that’s an interesting one. Ferarri has/had there issue’s and at some point what’s going on on the radio constantly is, if it hasn’t already, going to become an issue. Insubordination does come with limits.

There really hasnt been many driver changes by teams in recent years thats really had an impact as far as the performance goes. I’m leaving out guys like Vettel, and Alonso switching teams. Haas went back to experienced previous drivers as opposed to younger as well.

As for Max and fastest lap, theres about a 70 point differential currently and its growing. I get and want to see tighter racing as well, just don’t give much weight to the fastest lap.

Same here, he’s history. Same with Lance. Daddy can only protect him for so long. Now about Charles???

So Max let Lewis have the point? In the past he always went for it. Even against team orders.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Interesting stuff.

I doubt Lance will go any where. But who knows. Stroll has always made it clear he won’t apologize for having the means to afford his Lance the opportunity. That’s most racing in gneral. Opportunity.The Daddy reference is a little different.

LeClerc, that’s an interesting one. Ferarri has/had there issue’s and at some point what’s going on on the radio constantly is, if it hasn’t already, going to become an issue. Insubordination does come with limits.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can only speculate that he most likely feels the risk reward was not there to take it.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy