Sponsored

Formula 1 talk.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Obviously Williams is hurting right now but they are the fourth most winning team in Formula One.

They are currently ahead of Red Bull by 15 wins...something Max is going to correct very shortly.

So let's not throw them out just yet.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Obviously Williams is hurting right now but they are the fourth most winning team in Formula One.

They are currently ahead of Red Bull by 15 wins...something Max is going to correct very shortly.

So let's not throw them out just yet.
Exactly. We just do not throw teams away just because they haven't won in awhile. Besides, in every form of sport there will always be back markers. Who knows, one day that might be Red Bull.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’ve seen that. Very well done. There’s no doubt Newey is amazing. But Redbull as a whole is so good because of the sum of the parts, the Team. From top to bottom, they just do it better in just about every facet right now.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Redbull as a team didnt start till 04 after the purchase from ford. What’s so different about f1 then other forms of motorsport is how difficult and time consuming it can be to turn things to a competitive direction. If you look at there time in the sport as a team collectively, theres not many negatives there.

True Adrian has been with RB since 06. They only had 3 wins before the hybrid era started in ‘14. After that RB didn’t win another team championship again until ground effects where introduced.

Sponsored

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Redbull as a team didnt start till 04 after the purchase from ford. What’s so different about f1 then other forms of motorsport is how difficult and time consuming it can be to turn things to a competitive direction. If you look at there time in the sport as a team collectively, theres not many negatives there.
Your previous post about RB as a whole is accurate. It wasn’t just Adrain who has turned this team around. It’s a collective. Neither HAAS nor Williams have that base right now and I don’t foresee either team having it.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I don’t disagree with that at all. What’s interesting to me is we see this inn-all kinds of arenas. Some just make things look so fluid and easy, but we all know that is far from reality. True talent is really enjoyable to watch and observe, atleast for me.

Your previous post about RB as a whole is accurate. It wasn’t just Adrain who has turned this team around. It’s a collective. Neither HAAS nor Williams have that base right now and I don’t foresee either team having it.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I don’t disagree with that at all. What’s interesting to me is we see this inn-all kinds of arenas. Some just make things look so fluid and easy, but we all know that is far from reality. True talent is really enjoyable to watch and observe, atleast for me.
I agree, talent is a beautiful thing watch evolve and develop. People disliked Senna, Schumacher, Vettel, Hamilton and now Verstapen. That jealousy in my eyes. I don’t agree, with how Vesrtapen won his first title, but there’s little denying that he has definitely earned last years tittle and on his way to winning this years tittle on raw talent. Remember when there wasn’t a crash he couldn’t avoid 😂. He’s pushing the envelope in every race. He might not win every race but there’s little denying he’s going to win this years drivers tittle and many more to come. But again all this winning is a team effort who’s done the right things to get to the top. Even if HAAS had RB money I don’t foresee them winning a championship because the talent and team pedigree isn’t there. The other team I see really pushing hard and working together as a solid unit is Aston Martin. I will not be surprised one bit of they start winning championships starting in ‘26.

Last edited:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
People disliked Senna, Schumacher, Vettel, Hamilton and now Verstapen. That jealousy in my eyes.
I don't know. I'm not sure about that.
People disliked Schumacher because he was completely, utterly scrupleless - perhaps one of the most scrupleless F1 drivers ever. He had absolutely no notion of fair play, of respect or consideration for other drivers or for the sport itself. He would do absolutely anything for a win, regardless of any consequences.
I don't know about Vettel. I liked him, especially after seeing him as a guest on Top Gear. Really nice, smart chap.
Hamilton... people disliked him because he's black - though no one will actually admit it.
Verstappen... I can't speak for others, but I, for one, dislike him because he's an arrogant, presumtuous, cocksure bully. And because he has a face that just asks to be punched.
That's not jealousy. Why should I be jealous of any of them? I can't drive an F1 car to save my life, so their success doesn't take anything from me. I did like successful drivers at times (e.g. I was a big Mansell fan in the early nineties, when he was one of the best). And I did like Schumacher despite his recklessness.

Last edited:

Sponsored

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
The in team drama between Verstappen vs Perez reminds me of Vettel vs Webber. Younger vs older drivers both think they deserve top spot.

Last edited:

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
People disliked Schumacher because he was completely, utterly scrupleless - perhaps one of the most scrupleless F1 drivers ever. He had absolutely no notion of fair play, of respect or consideration for other drivers or for the sport itself. He would do absolutely anything for a win, regardless of any consequences.
I call that someone who wins at all cost. You can be a Schumacher or you can be an Alex Albon. Who will be remembered in another 100 years?
I don't know about Vettel. I liked him, especially after seeing him as a guest in Top Gear. Really nice, smart chap.
He was as arrogant as every other top driver. He didn’t respect his teammate and he was always out to win. This was most glaring during his Redbull years.
Hamilton... people disliked him because he's black - though no one will actually admit it.
No majority of people don’t like Hamilton because again he was an arrogant winner and a sore loser early on in his career. This dislike has carried thorough his career. Look at how the relationship between himself and Nico deteriorated, after a friendship that’s landed close to two decades, to the point that they no longer speak anymore just because Nico decided to actually do something to win a championship.
Verstappen... I can't speak for others, but I, for one, dislike him because he's an arrogant, presumtuous, cocksure bully. And because he has a face that just asks to be punched.
That's not jealousy. Why should I be jealous of any of them? I can't drive an F1 car to save my life, so their success doesn't take anything from me. I did like successful drivers at times (e.g. I was a big Mansell fan in the early nineties, when he was one of the best). And I did like Schumacher despite his recklessness.
The first one we agree on lol. What I’m talking fan jealousy, is not so much about personal skills. People (fans) will get jealous because their driver/team isn’t on top winning races and championship. At the end of the day like you said we gravitate to winners. While I think Max is an arrogant individual he is a winner and at the end of the day that’s what everyone wants to be in F1

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I call that someone who wins at all cost. You can be a Schumacher or you can be an Alex Albon. Who will be remembered in another 100 years?
Well, that depends. In this particular case, people will indeed remember Schumacher's exquisite skill and his seven world titles. There's no denying that he was one of the greatest drivers ever, and the greatest of his time.
But this 'win at all costs' attitude can sometimes backfire. Maradona could be remembered as the best football player of all times, but instead he will always be the arrogant cheating prick who used his hand to score and had the audacity to even brag about it afterwards.

People (fans) will get jealous because their driver/team isn’t on top winning races and championship.
Fair point. Though I don't think I see any of the drivers or teams as 'my' driver/team. I like Hamilton, though not necessarily Mercedes. I like Alonso, Alpine, Aston Martin, I even like Perez even though he's Red Bull (I've got nothing against the RB team as a whole)... I like Lando and Albon, even though they're clearly not as good as the top drivers. I would be happy with any of them winning.
I just don't like Verstappen. :)

Last edited:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I was done when you pulled the race card. It gets old. And its weak. But it’s the norm these days.

I don't know about Vettel. I liked him, especially after seeing him as a guest on Top Gear. Really nice, smart chap.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So anyway, decent race today. Max just drove around for 70 laps. Alonso was, again, excellent. Lewis/MB continue to improve at a track they haven't been great on for awhile. Some good racing in the midpack as well. Shame for Russell but everyone makes mistakes.
Sponsored