Sponsored

Formula 1 talk.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I'm all for experimentation. There have been some positive changes over time.

Qualifying moving from an open-ended, one-hour session to the shoot-out format. Still new with some bugs, at least the attempt to level the playing field via the cost cap. Upcoming engine regulations and the promise of more teams and manufacturers joining.

I miss the strategy twists by having the ability to refuel, but appreciate it had to stop on the grounds of safety.

Some of the biggest negatives in recent memory are Liberty Media buying the rights to F1, the emphasis on still more races (and street circuits). The near constant technical regulation tweaks and what constitutes a driving penalty. Instead of simply racing, now, it's about "entertainment".

Finally, the passing of Charlie Whiting; that was a big hit. He was a gentle, guiding, straight-shooter of a force that everyone loved and respected.
Sponsored

Last edited:

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
I hate sprint weekends because I’m at work when they have the qualifying on Fridays and have to watch the replays. I prefer to watch live.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I do as well, but I’ll take the recording as opposed to none. Lol

I hate sprint weekends because I’m at work when they have the qualifying on Fridays and have to watch the replays. I prefer to watch live.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
So what does everyone think of the weekend?

What did folks think of Max complaining to Russell.

Redbulls 20 sec win over the field. 🤔😂

Checos double win over Max. (will we see a repeat of the 2016 silver arrow clash?)

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE

Checos double win over Max. (will we see a repeat of the 2016 silver arrow clash?)
Hello; Weekend was slightly more interesting that an XFL regular season game. Racing was not as interesting as last lap pit road incident.
Max complaining to Russell is something i missed. The incident in the corner I did see. Looks like Max was nudged into the wall. I get why drivers are so aggressive as it is hard to pass on these narrow city tracks. Much as i am coming to dislike Max's attitude I do think Russell did not leave enough room.
Redbulls are the car this season. The drivers may be each others worst enemy.

Shame that race is renewed for a few more years.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

I think the weekend overall was ho-hum. I understand the need for the sprint race but do not like it. This isn't Nascar.

Max complaining about someone doing to him what he does to others......Just so Max. But in his head only others do wrong, never him. So it is what it is. His competitors know this so........

Redbull haș an incredible car. For all intents and purposes the season is about third place. I doubt Ferrari will find an answer this year. Mercedes, well #2 is what they are shooting for and I think they can do it.

I love Checo so anytime he beats Max is a good day for me. Of course, I'd prefer Lewis but that is not happening anytime in the near future. As far as a 2016 rematch we will have to see. I do not see a situation where Checo will back down. At least I hope not.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I think the weekend overall was ho-hum. I understand the need for the sprint race but do not like it. This isn't Nascar.

Max complaining about someone doing to him what he does to others......Just so Max. But in his head only others do wrong, never him. So it is what it is. His competitors know this so........

Redbull haș an incredible car. For all intents and purposes the season is about third place. I doubt Ferrari will find an answer this year. Mercedes, well #2 is what they are shooting for and I think they can do it.

I love Checo so anytime he beats Max is a good day for me. Of course, I'd prefer Lewis but that is not happening anytime in the near future. As far as a 2016 rematch we will have to see. I do not see a situation where Checo will back down. At least I hope not.
Hello; Have to agree about the sprint race. Only thing that makes sense about those type races is that was the way F1 started if I have it correct. The early F1 races did not have planned pitstops for tire changes or fuel.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Yep...basically meh.

If you saw the damage to Max's car it makes sense he could not compete with Checo this time....and scary he still came in second so easily.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I feel pretty much the same with a "meh" weekend. I do like the sprint race... I mean we could go back to just a FP3??? race is better than FP3 but not by much here at this track. As much as I dislike RedBull I'm not going to complain about them being so far ahead. I didn't complain when Mercedes was so I'm not going to complain when another team dominates, I just hope someone can catch them sooner rather than later.

No way will RB let this get as bad as Lewis and Nico was. Everyone at RB knows, even Perez that Max is their number 1. I like Perez and hopes he does well, but everyone knows streets are his thing once they get back to the regular circuits Max will dominate once again. Max in that car they built is just unstoppable right now.

Sponsored

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
All the effort that the FIA has done to bring us closer racing has done absolutely nothing to bring us closer racing. People don’t want to see DRS trains, and when the top two finish almost 20 sec ahead of the field it really is gearing up for a blah season.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
No way will RB let this get as bad as Lewis and Nico was.
Well if it did it would be the only saving grace for this season. Let’s say that you’re a Merc fan, and to be honest the ‘16 season was the most exciting and fun season that there was during the Merc years until the last season Merc was at top and Max beat Lewis. And that’s still controversial.

I was hoping for a Merc, RB and Ferrari fight for years to come after RB beat Mercedes, but it is shaping up to be a RB dominance until 2026.The FIA and F1 didn’t want another Merc/Hamilton like dominance moving forward and that’s all that’s happened with RB and I say that RB/Max will be even more dominant.

Weather756

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350

Not a big fan of the sprint races. I think the Checo/Max competition will be interesting. But I don't think Checo can outdrive Max to the championship.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Completely agree. Checo is a great driver, but Verstappen is on another level. Verstappen has matured as a driver as well, which has made him that much better. He was right to annoyed for being run in to the wall, but every driver has that right in that situation. I always joke the F1 drivers need a dose of Nascar for parity.

Not a big fan of the sprint races. I think the Checo/Max competition will be interesting. But I don't think Checo can outdrive Max to the championship.