Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I owned 9 different Mustangs since having my driver's licence. It was about it being a convertible not about the engine. Why would I prefer an all electric Mustang convertible? Better performance as full torque from zero. No oil changes or expensive repairs as no more exhaust, transmission, catalytic convertors. Cost of going 250 miles 1/3 the cost of gas. RWD driving dynamics, handling is not dependant on the engine.
Also stereo system sounds better without having to drown out engine, exhaust noise.

Dan
Sure buddy.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I owned 9 different Mustangs since having my driver's licence. It was about it being a convertible not about the engine. Why would I prefer an all electric Mustang convertible? Better performance as full torque from zero. No oil changes or expensive repairs as no more exhaust, transmission, catalytic convertors. Cost of going 250 miles 1/3 the cost of gas. RWD driving dynamics, handling is not dependant on the engine.
I agree that dealers should do a better job screening buyers.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
And with rumors of a twin turbo Godzilla coming, it looks like Ford isn't ready to throw in the towel yet.

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
The sooner they can ban obsolete ICE powered cars the better.
You must not drive very long distances. A few times a year I drive over 600 miles in a day And I can do that on one tank of fuel In my F150.
EV is completely impractical for anyone driving distances.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
You must not drive very long distances. A few times a year I drive over 600 miles in a day And I can do that on one tank of fuel In my F150.
Electric Ford F-150 Lightning may go much farther than advertised 300 miles | Fox News

Ford Introduces All-Electric F-150 Lightning Pro, Built for Work with Next-Generation Technology, Seamless Overnight Charging | Ford Media Center

40 minute charge on a fast charger - 1 stop journey.

600 miles at 55mph is 11 hours without a stop, that's going to be awfully messy in that pickup :giggle:

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Being retired, approximately a third (maybe more) of my mileage is 1,000 mile days. Love long trips; hate stopping to sleep.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
The day the Tesla hit a tree and two occupants in it burned to death , a GM spokesperson came out and said that what GM said about not producing ICE engines after 2030 was just a future plan , not a promise. I don't think this country is prepared to go forward without internal combustion engines in the next 10 to 15 years. If people still buy V8 engines , the Ford engineers will find a way to make the V8 more powerful and cleaner burning. I would listen to an experienced Ford engineer. There is a reason why the population count is going down in California. People are fed up with tough regulations and are leaving California.
While Cali may be going too far with certain regulations and bureaucracy, I'm pretty sure the real [main] reason everyone is leaving is because of the cost of living...

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2

“May go, not will go 300 mile”
Throw a trailer and some hills in the mix and you are SOL. No way in hell it would even come close to 300 miles.
I usually stop every 3 hours or so to evacuate waste and stretch my legs.. That only takes a few minute.
EV‘s currently can’t perform to levels needed in most of my circumstances.
Now if you putt around town, have no distance to drive, wait for charging or things to haul they “might” be for you.
Not a whole lotta charging stations in remote areas either...... Try asking your buddy at hunting camp for a few Kw‘s of electricity...lol

Oh we don’t drive 55 anywhere here in the states.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
“May go, not will go 300 mile”
Throw a trailer and some hills in the mix and you are SOL. No way in hell it would even come close to 300 miles.
I usually stop every 3 hours or so to evacuate waste and stretch my legs.. That only takes a few minute.
EV‘s currently can’t perform to levels needed in most of my circumstances.
Now if you putt around town, have no distance to drive, wait for charging or things to haul they “might” be for you.
Not a whole lotta charging stations in remote areas either...... Try asking your buddy at hunting camp for a few Kw‘s of electricity...lol

Oh we don’t drive 55 anywhere here in the states.
Ahh you didn't even read the title properly. Electric Ford F-150 Lightning may go much farther than advertised 300 miles

The automaker's general manager of battery electric vehicles, Darren Palmer, told Insider that the trucks being tested for range are loaded with an extra 1,000 pounds of weight to better represent how they will often be used. That's exactly half of the truck's estimated maximum payload rating and more than enough to affect its overall efficiency.

The article explains that Ford calculated the range with a half payload so with less weight on board it will go further - hence the title

Fair enough they don't work for you, but for most people they work just fine, hence the reason people are buying them. Even you said you only do the 600 miles a few times a year

Last edited:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Post 233 says it all. The twin turbo Godzilla indicates Ford engineers have not lost faith in the ICE.
Sponsored