Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Wait until everybody clues in on the environmental impact of batteries. Alos I'm guessing there is much more oil left than Lithium
It's crazy how many people still buy the FUD about batteries being worse than gas engines for our environment. Batteries are certainly far from perfect at the moment, but their overall impact doesn't touch that of ICE-motivated cars.
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Just not worth replying to such silly fairy story drivel. If you believe any of what you wrote there you really are deluded. Should we be taking any advice on such a complex subject from somebody who can't even spell algae which is apparently the biggest problem facing the Earth. :giggle:

Never mind that algal blooms are becoming MORE of a problem in warmer water

Climate Change and Harmful Algal Blooms | Nutrient Pollution | US EPA

Seriously :yawn:
You know when someone has no reply, and an honest one, when they turn to grammar nazi.
Good day. Your own science debunks your post. Sorry, you don't GET to pick and choose what science data, you call fact and what you blow off.
And by that I mean hundreds of years of science research, not the latest political biased, we are funding you , you'll say what we want crap.
But real research that has proven to always come out the same for 100's of years.
How about science own recorded data of the earth 182 year climate cycle.
I know that screws with the narrative that the sky is falling also.
You should sell all your ice vehicles, stop heating and cooling your home. Stop using any electric power. or any products made from the evil stuff pulled from the ground, so that means solar is out. Go join the armish.
Have a great day.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
You know when someone has no reply, and an honest one, when they turn to grammar nazi.
Good day. Your own science debunks your post. Sorry, you don't GET to pick and choose what science data, you call fact and what you blow off.
And by that I mean hundreds of years of science research, not the latest political biased, we are funding you , you'll say what we want crap.
But real research that has proven to always come out the same for 100's of years.
How about science own recorded data of the earth 182 year climate cycle.
I know that screws with the narrative that the sky is falling also.
You should sell all your ice vehicles, stop heating and cooling your home. Stop using any electric power. or any products made from the evil stuff pulled from the ground, so that means solar is out. Go join the armish.
Have a great day.
More of the same.

*Amish :wink:

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Here is where things stand in the big global picture.

Phaseout schedules of the sale of ICE's:

- California 2035
- Quebec, Canada 2035
- Norway, 2025
- European Union "Euro 7" rules have shifted the date from 2035 to 2025 (back door "
"emissions approach" to avoid an explicit ban

Europe is quite a bit ahead (I say that from the political/citizenry opinion aspect; not inferring the definition of "ahead" as necessarily good) of America. Surveys have shown the majority of European city residents support a 2030 ban. European Union politicians have stated that considering the "lifetime of cars" they feel the need to stop adding ICE's by 2030.

I am sure India and China will not closely follow either Europe or America. They are coming from so far, far back in terms of personal transport and societal economics that I doubt they will relinquish the development path they are on.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)

- California 2035
- Quebec, Canada 2035
- Norway, 2025
- European Union "Euro 7" rules have shifted the date from 2035 to 2025 (back door "

Europe is quite a bit ahead (I say that from the political/citizenry opinion aspect; not inferring the definition of "ahead" as necessarily good) of America. Surveys have shown the majority of European city residents support a 2030 ban. European Union politicians have stated that considering the "lifetime of cars" they feel the need to stop adding ICE's by 2030.

I am sure India and China will not closely follow either Europe or America. They are coming from so far, far back in terms of personal transport and societal economics that I doubt they will relinquish the development path they are on.
Interesting you say that, but China is seen as the biggest market for EV's - I know the country is huge. There are carmakers (Ford included) that will be releasing cars in China that they will not sell in any other market and the pollution situation in Chinese cities is really driving this. Electric TukTuk's are big news in India, they will probably charge them from the nearest lamp post or whatever wire is passing by!

I think Euro 7 will probably kill diesel as they will just be too expensive unless you do a lot of miles. PHEV's are allowed until 2035 in Europe, but pure ICE ban is 2030. The car makers are really driving this as designing platforms for cars takes years and they are already committed to EV platforms now. Nobody is designing an ICE only platform now, it would be a catastrophic waste of money. The tipping point comes when the electric motor + battery is cheaper than the ICE engine, which is about now give or take.

Exponential growth and 2020 was almost certainly held back by COVID

1622574116707.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
you were lucky. Had the clutch held you'd have grenaded the engine from overspeeding the rotating assembly. Fuel shut-off wouldn't have saved it since mechanical drive from the wheels would have overwhelmed it.

- California 2035
- Quebec, Canada 2035
- Norway, 2025

Without those government mandates and punishments for milage etc., I doubt the motor companies would be putting as much R&D in ev as they are today.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Without those government mandates and punishments for milage etc., I doubt the motor companies would be putting as much R&D in ev as they are today.
But that probably applies to anything in the motor industry. Safety standards, emissions, are all driven by legislation, or we would still be using carburettors, leaded fuel and drum brakes in wobbly weak cars.

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Some of that yes, but some came with new technologies that every company is R&D'ing.
The only reason I would want to go back to carbs and points is if I had an old car I wanted to keep original.
Ya can't beat getting about 500HP out of an NA 5.0 with new tech and good driveability on pump gas:)

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Some of that yes, but some came with new technologies that every company is R&D'ing.
The only reason I would want to go back to carbs and points is if I had an old car I wanted to keep original.
Ya can't beat getting about 500HP out of an NA 5.0 with new tech and good driveability on pump gas:)
It is a bit of both. Fuel injection was used over here in the 1970's but only on high performance cars. It stayed like that until the 1990's when catalysts came along and then every car switched to fuel injection almost overnight. No more chokes and splutters in the morning. R&D developed it but legislation made it happen.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
:cwl: :cwl: :cwl: :cwl: :cwl: :cwl:

If you actually read my posts you will see I am not an activist of any sort, let alone a paid one.

I posted on topic for this thread - it is you that is derailing it. You and your extremist friends such as Greta are of no interest to me.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Jetta
No. There has never been any indication in any country of a ban on ICE cars on the road, just bans on new ICE sales. ICE cars are so quiet now that most of the noise is white noise from the tyres (outside) and wind noise so EV's have very little advantage noise wise. There are ways of generating noise in a car if that is what is required to keep you awake.
The sooner they can ban obsolete ICE powered cars the better.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Jetta
Found another paid shill.
I owned 9 different Mustangs since having my driver's licence. It was about it being a convertible not about the engine. Why would I prefer an all electric Mustang convertible? Better performance as full torque from zero. No oil changes or expensive repairs as no more exhaust, transmission, catalytic convertors. Cost of going 250 miles 1/3 the cost of gas. RWD driving dynamics, handling is not dependant on the engine.
Also stereo system sounds better without having to drown out engine, exhaust noise.

Dan
Sponsored