ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
If you quote 100 scientists (which you haven't) it shouldn't be too difficult to find another 10,000 back, as that is the ratio between those who understand and those who deny.

I'm probably older than you (if that makes any difference ????) and sea levels are rising!

Even the engineers are concerned :cwl:

Defending Infrastructure Against Sea Level Rise - ASME

1621587233782.png
Some areas have been rising 1/8th inch over 20 years, and other areas, the level is dropping.
But that goes against the narrative, and talking about that fact gets your research defunded.
Carry on.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL, before I was in graduate school the so called “climate scientists“ said we we going into an ice age due to man impact on the environmen, now it is global warming due to man.
Oh I’m sure their predictions for the next hundred years are correct.lol
Never said change will not take place, only that man will have little influence on the outcome.
Keep Drinking The Kool-Aid.
Fact is climate change has been going on for millions of years, or where you call home would still be a mile or more deep covered with ice.
We JUST happen to be living at the end of the ice age, and like that ice cube in your glass, as the cube gets smaller, it melts faster. same with the polar ice. debunking science with their own science. they don't like that.
To add, If we are to believe A rock hit earth, putting tons of dust in the air, and that caused a long earth cooling. As we are told by science, why wouldn't cleaning all the dirt and crap out of the air, like we have been doing for the last 40+ years, not cause the opposite to happen, and more of the suns rays to heat the surface of the earth?
oops. But but that goes against the narrative that makes many rich.
We are one major volcano eruption away from it not mattering, what the science has fed us, to keep the research funds rolling in.
Over fishing and alge loss is the real issue. As trees make 1 tenth the o2 that alge does.
Follow the money. The end

Last edited:

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid technology would have been a better solution and the market will dictate what auto makers build not *Joe Biden. The auto companies can get on board and get those govt checks to aid in the creation of EVs but if they are not selling like they want them to they will have no choice but to keep including ICE cars being built. Whenever they can get an EV from zero percent to fully charged in 5 minutes then the ICE has a chance that it will go away. I don't see that happening for a very long time
The auto industry is one of the most regulated.
We are blessed that they have not done like many other countries and taxed to death engines larger than 2ltrs.
And made fuel 6-7 bucks a gallon. Forcing a buying habit change.
The car person is a tiny part of the general public.
The general public would not care less, if they passed a bill, to tax i.c.e. engines by size.
Ford isn't putting 2.7ltr turbo v6's in crew cab full sized trucks because they want to, they have to.
It might be 2021, but it is 1970 repeating itself. The door is going to be slammed shut at some point in the near future.
That 707hp hemi is cool and all, that gt500 is cool and all, the Zl1,le1 Camaro is cool and all, but each are sticking the middle finger up at the EPA. This will not end well. When the base 4 bangers are making 300hp +.
At some point the plug is going to be pulled. Like it or not.
The next time the automakers face the epa and claim they can't meet the c.a.f.e. standards. and the epa fires back but you can produce 2.0-2.3ltr turbo 4's that make 300 hp.
You don't need to produce big v8's . You can't use the power on public roadways. and you are selling street cars, these are not track only units.
This new breed of hp wars will be it's undoing.
They didn't learn from the last time.
That 6.4 s/c hemi should have been rated at 325hp and in small print @2000rpm.
Same with the rest, I'd even not have rated the turbo 4 Mzustang at 310hp, I'd have published the hp rating at 1800 rpm or whatever.
The old , yup that s/c hemi only makes 325 hp. wink wink.
Many in the hobby have no issue with turbo 4's and have been breathing on them for a few decades now. So to them it be no love loss if they (v8's) are regulated out of the market.
It is 1970 all over again.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
good days fishing then? I remember having to explain to you how Nato worked since you appeared not to know during one of your er pointed comments about Scotland.
Sadly I cannot comment on anything else you say or have said as when you highlight posts of mine those posts of mine are subsequently deleted. It would appear trying to converse with you is one step away from being banned on here. I will therefore reserve my posts for when I absolutely need to use them and put you on the ignore list. Shame it's come to this but there you go. Enjoy driving, enjoy fishing. cya

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Fact is climate change has been going on for millions of years, or where you call home would still be a mile or more deep covered with ice.
We JUST happen to be living at the end of the ice age, and like that ice cube in your glass, as the cube gets smaller, it melts faster. same with the polar ice. debunking science with their own science. they don't like that.
To add, If we are to believe A rock hit earth, putting tons of dust in the air, and that caused a long earth cooling. As we are told by science, why wouldn't cleaning all the dirt and crap out of the air, like we have been doing for the last 40+ years, not cause the opposite to happen, and more of the suns rays to heat the surface of the earth?
oops. But but that goes against the narrative that makes many rich.
We are one major volcano eruption away from it not mattering, what the science has fed us, to keep the research funds rolling in.
Over fishing and alge loss is the real issue. As trees make 1 tenth the o2 that alge does.
Follow the money. The end
Just not worth replying to such silly fairy story drivel. If you believe any of what you wrote there you really are deluded. Should we be taking any advice on such a complex subject from somebody who can't even spell algae which is apparently the biggest problem facing the Earth. :giggle:

Never mind that algal blooms are becoming MORE of a problem in warmer water

Climate Change and Harmful Algal Blooms | Nutrient Pollution | US EPA

Seriously :yawn:

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Some areas have been rising 1/8th inch over 20 years, and other areas, the level is dropping.
But that goes against the narrative, and talking about that fact gets your research defunded.
Carry on.
Global mean sea level - yes in places the local sea level will go down, but globally it is going up. Ice is less dense than water so when it melts the water level rises globally. Local effects from changes in weather impacting river flows can have local effects.

All well understood and explained.

If you don't agree, please furnish with data that disproves NASA's or explains their results differently.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
To think so many Mustang enthusiasts are eager to see ICE Mustangs fade away and be replaced by soulless electric cars is disappointing.
Well I for one am not keen to see the Mustang fade away and it would be great if a hydrogen ICE could be made to work by Ford. There are plenty of EV's that are far from soulless even now, and plenty more coming.

JCB Announces Hydrogen Fuel Combustion Engine Technology (fuelcellsworks.com)

Porsche Taycan Review 2021 | Top Gear

Mini JCW GPE: Hardcore EV hot hatch detailed | Autocar

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
There is a big difference between guessing and a scientific prediction

@ICU812 was not correct - he was saying the biggest threat to the globe was the loss of algae - that is not what is happening.

Climate Change and Harmful Algal Blooms: Insights and perspective - ScienceDirect

Climate change is transforming aquatic ecosystems.

Coastal waters have experienced progressive warming, acidification, and deoxygenation.

The impacts of harmful algal blooms (HABs) on coastal systems have increased in recent decades.

HABs display an expansion in range and frequency in response to climatic and non-climatic drivers.

This Special Issue considers linkages between climate change and HABs.

You missed this bit from the quote

Algal blooms endanger human health, the environment and economies across the United States

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I started this thread to celebrate the fact our V8 will still be with us for a while longer. It's a shame it's turned into (yet another) "debate" about climate change :facepalm:

Sponsored

Rebirth_18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Science debunks itself all the time it's all based on theories being proven. This green plan is nothing more than a money laundering scheme by corrupt politicians and has been for a long time. EVs are nothing more than just an option, the fairy tale of everything being electric is just that. Market and money dictate everything.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
The vast majority of people have no idea how many cylinders their car has let alone care about preserving ICE's. They don't care about ICE and will readily take to electric if the mileage and charge issues are solved (and/or if gas/maintenance becomes too expensive).
Basically what I was getting at, yes (though there are even many people who do understand the mechanical engineering under the hood quite well and still prefer EVs).
Sponsored