Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
"In terms of the internal combustion engine, Widmann says you can never count out technology continuing to advance. “There’s still a tremendous amount of bandwidth. The 2.3-liter EcoBoost we have makes as much power [300+] as we used to have in the V8s. On the other end we still sell a tremendous amount of V8 Mustangs on summer tires. I don’t think the gas engine has met its day in the near term, there are still a lot of fans of it.”

Whether that is enough to keep four-, six-, and eight-cylinder gasoline engines front and center—and for how long—is up to the customer, Widmann told us.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/sport...KuZIXzkofXZcjWAzqV69mYD55Yg1upQaxq_ookwDMxtxE
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
His word isn't gospel and he doesn't have say over Govt Authorities or Govt Decision Makers. I could say the same statement and it doesn't mean squat.

Vehicle Manufactures across the planet will be incentivized to go EV because they will get $$$ kickbacks as well as certain discounts or breaks on taxes to cease ICE production.

While no one wants ICE vehicle production to stop, we (the peons) don't have control - well.... unless of course everyone wants to riot in the streets about it.... and create this or that "hashtag" as to why ICE should remain as the primary platform for mode of transportation and cry as to how or why EV isn't the future.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Of course, but he's talking near term and by that I'd expect that to be the next 8-10 years. He knows full well what will be available in S650.

celica0774

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT convertible PP1
That article did not have anything from Widmann that said the V8 is safe, just that the current ones are really powerful. Our problem will be getting gasoline in 15 yeats.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
"Up to the customer"

What complete crap. If the country follows what my state is doing and bans the sales of ICE's does he really think Ford will continue to pump put ICE vehicles? What nonsense.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The day the Tesla hit a tree and two occupants in it burned to death , a GM spokesperson came out and said that what GM said about not producing ICE engines after 2030 was just a future plan , not a promise. I don't think this country is prepared to go forward without internal combustion engines in the next 10 to 15 years. If people still buy V8 engines , the Ford engineers will find a way to make the V8 more powerful and cleaner burning. I would listen to an experienced Ford engineer. There is a reason why the population count is going down in California. People are fed up with tough regulations and are leaving California.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
There's over 78 ICE engines in R+D now that aren't planned to roll out until the next 7-12 years. ICE's aren't going anywhere for at least 25+ years. Not until they build a ton of nuclear plants and completely restructure the current countries support grid, which would take at LEAST 20-25 years.

All these EV's BS ban ICE sale promises, are just pipe dream goals that will not be met. Guaranteed.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
There's over 78 ICE engines in R+D now that aren't planned to roll out until the next 7-12 years. ICE's aren't going anywhere for at least 25+ years. Not until they build a ton of nuclear plants and completely restructure the current countries support grid, which would take at LEAST 20-25 years.

All these EV's BS ban ICE sale promises, are just pipe dream goals that will not be met. Guaranteed.
Perhaps. Government doesn't make logical sense quite often and things do tend to take longer than initial estimates. Again, if my state bans sales of ICE by 2030 it doesn't really matter that the car companies are still doing R&D and have future plans. The Govt won't care or will figure out some sort of bailout or funding to help them manage the change.

It's happening, just a matter of time. Kids today won't be able to buy an ICE when they are my age.

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
It's happening, just a matter of time. Kids today won't be able to buy an ICE when they are my age.
I would bet against that.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
The day the Tesla hit a tree and two occupants in it burned to death , a GM spokesperson came out and said that what GM said about not producing ICE engines after 2030 was just a future plan , not a promise. I don't think this country is prepared to go forward without internal combustion engines in the next 10 to 15 years. If people still buy V8 engines , the Ford engineers will find a way to make the V8 more powerful and cleaner burning. I would listen to an experienced Ford engineer. There is a reason why the population count is going down in California. People are fed up with tough regulations and are leaving California.
To be fair many many ICE cars have done the same over the years. Do you not remember the Corvair ? That toasted plenty of people!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
His word isn't gospel and he doesn't have say over Govt Authorities or Govt Decision Makers. I could say the same statement and it doesn't mean squat.

Vehicle Manufactures across the planet will be incentivized to go EV because they will get $$$ kickbacks as well as certain discounts or breaks on taxes to cease ICE production.

While no one wants ICE vehicle production to stop, we (the peons) don't have control - well.... unless of course everyone wants to riot in the streets about it.... and create this or that "hashtag" as to why ICE should remain as the primary platform for mode of transportation and cry as to how or why EV isn't the future.
Whilst I agree governments worldwide will determine the future of the ICE I don't think car makers will benefit from it. In fact many will simply not survive. Ford and VW are having to collaborate in Europe on an EV platform as they simply cannot afford to do anything else. This is the biggest upheaval in vehicle production since the car was invented.