Sponsored

Fore Fuel System Install cleaning out stock fuel line

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
For those of you that have installed aftermarket fuel systems like Fore or similar, what did you do with the stock fuel line? I noticed that my stock line still has some fuel in it so I am concerned that it could be a safety issue. Did you just cap both ends at the fuel pump and in the engine bay? Or did you completely remove the line? If so did you cut it? I was trying to think if there was any way to cut it without causing sparks. Or another thought I had would be to hook an air compressor up to the line and blow the fuel out. Not sure if this is possible or not. Thanks.
Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
For those of you that have installed aftermarket fuel systems like Fore or similar, what did you do with the stock fuel line? I noticed that my stock line still has some fuel in it so I am concerned that it could be a safety issue. Did you just cap both ends at the fuel pump and in the engine bay? Or did you completely remove the line? If so did you cut it? I was trying to think if there was any way to cut it without causing sparks. Or another thought I had would be to hook an air compressor up to the line and blow the fuel out. Not sure if this is possible or not. Thanks.
For now I left it in there. Any small amount of fuel will evaporate. When I pull my engine, I'll remove it.

OP
OP
fuelforfire87

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
For now I left it in there. Any small amount of fuel will evaporate. When I pull my engine, I'll remove it.
Well for what its worth I did come up with a jerry-rigged contraption to hook my air compressor up to the line and it worked to purge out the rest of the fuel that was in there. Captured about 1/3rd of a cup from the remaining fuel left in the line. All it required was a air compressor hose that I had to cut one end off of, a fuel filter from an 05-10 car and some 3/8" fuel hose which i already had to use for draining fuel from my tank, and some hose clamps. Not bad for only spending about 10 bucks.
20200504_221611.jpg

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Well for what its worth I did come up with a jerry-rigged contraption to hook my air compressor up to the line and it worked to purge out the rest of the fuel that was in there. Captured about 1/3rd of a cup from the remaining fuel left in the line. All it required was a air compressor hose that I had to cut one end off of, a fuel filter from an 05-10 car and some 3/8" fuel hose which i already had to use for draining fuel from my tank, and some hose clamps. Not bad for only spending about 10 bucks.
20200504_221611.jpg
Wanted to know which way you blew air from and to. Did you blow air from the fuel hat area and out the end located in the engine compartment? I am trying to find out if the stock fuel line have a one way check valve in line or not

OP
OP
fuelforfire87

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Wanted to know which way you blew air from and to. Did you blow air from the fuel hat area and out the end located in the engine compartment? I am trying to find out if the stock fuel line have a one way check valve in line or not
I actually blew air from the engine bay back to the fuel hat area, so apparently there is no check valve. This is on my 14 S197 however, so not sure if it is exactly the same for the S550, but I would assume so being that it is also a coyote with basically the same stock fuel system.
Sponsored