Fords Update on 2022 GT's and MACH 1's HP and production

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
It costs less than GT PP1 equipped for same purpose (with aftermarket). It is all about your needs. Check price of GT PP1 with Magneride, active exhaust and leather seats...
I priced one out before I ordered a mach 1. The only way you’d get there is a lot of aftermarket adds. I think its more an issue of deciding how important the stuff on mach 1 is to you. Trying to build the same car isn’t really a great measure. If im bothering with a lot of mods a mach 1 isn’t the target im aiming for.
Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I priced one out before I ordered a mach 1. The only way you’d get there is a lot of aftermarket adds. I think its more an issue of deciding how important the stuff on mach 1 is to you. Trying to build the same car isn’t really a great measure. If im bothering with a lot of mods a mach 1 isn’t the target im aiming for.
yeah. shoot, doing all that, I am not starting with a PP1 either. I'd be starting with a base 36k GT 300A car. Forgo the magneride

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
yeah. shoot, doing all that, I am not starting with a PP1 either. I'd be starting with a base 36k GT 300A car. Forgo the magneride
For the price of the magneride, to me its a must have item on any trim, very impressed with it.

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
For the price of the magneride, to me its a must have item on any trim, very impressed with it.
I agree, but that is for the sake of an argument starting with the basis that the mach 1 is overpriced, or that you would be better off starting with a GT and building up. which the only thing that would be would be a dedicated track only car, in which case you want coil overs, not magneride. If you want dual purpose, the M1 is a steal. you cannot build a GT w/ magneride to outtrack the M1 for less. A base GT w/ magneride is only 6k less than a base M1. which has: better suspension, torsen, cooling, aero, transmission (if stick), all with the warranty. and a few more ponies. also get the active exhaust, which is useful for a street car.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
or that you would be better off starting with a GT and building up. which the only thing that would be would be a dedicated track only car, in which case you want coil overs, not magneride...
I think you are right on Al, good assessment! This is the key point of your post.

For those dual purposing, the Mach 1 is a great car, I don't advocate any one pay ADMs... yes I know how difficult the market is, it required a lot of leg work for me even back in April 2021 to get mine for a good price.

I really hope incentives or prioritization comes down the line form Corporate for the cancelled folks. For the new order guys or those who are on the fence the car is really great, Ford hit their stated goals! Also don't worry about the 5HP business, enjoy some of the new color options offered on 22s!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Problem is MR is an $8500 option. It shouldn't be by a mile but Ford has deliberately put land mines in the options matrix for no good reason.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Problem is MR is an $8500 option. It shouldn't be by a mile but Ford has deliberately put land mines in the options matrix for no good reason.
M/r is 1999.00 Where you coming up with 8500
sticker.jpg

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Powerful car like Mustang shouldn't even be sold without the PP1, it should be standard. Especially the brakes. Default small tyres are a laugh too.

Sponsored

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
easy, you can't buy it without ALSO buying PP1 or HPP. Both are >$6000
Ufffffff, I thought it was stand alone option, Shogun is right PP1 or HPP is necessary to get it, fair point. MR itself is not much but the required prerequisites costs are just insane now.

Back in 2015 Performance pack was $2,495, a reasonable price for it, but still had it's cooling deficiencies for track folks. MR was I think an additional $1,500 or $1,995. The PP price rose quite a bit through the S550 MYs, its now $6,500 2021 MY, outlandish!:crying:

I definitely see this PP1 option now as being well outside someone's budget who is making a stretch purchase, or those who are doing a serious value analysis. High cost of PP when I started looking for S197 replacement in 2018ish was one reason it kept me from striking a deal.
Sponsored