Sponsored

Fords Update on 2022 GT's and MACH 1's HP and production

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
and yet NOT ONE apology about how they treated HP orders which were apparently (substantially) ALL customer orders. It's incredible to me that Ford didn't prioritize all HP orders, and all orders with unavailable colors for 2022 to make sure they got top billing. Nobody with a white or black car is going to be very sore over getting pushed into 2022 - esp with a "Sorry" postcard clipped to $1000. But anyone who wanted Yellow or VBlue is justifiably upset.

And what is SO DAMN HARD about shipping HP wheels with PS4S or hell even all-seasons spooned on them with a voucher for a full set of Cup2 to be delivered in April?

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
and yet NOT ONE apology about how they treated HP orders which were apparently (substantially) ALL customer orders. It's incredible to me that Ford didn't prioritize all HP orders, and all orders with unavailable colors for 2022 to make sure they got top billing. Nobody with a white or black car is going to be very sore over getting pushed into 2022 - esp with a "Sorry" postcard clipped to $1000. But anyone who wanted Yellow or VBlue is justifiably upset.

And what is SO DAMN HARD about shipping HP wheels with PS4S or hell even all-seasons spooned on them with a voucher for a full set of Cup2 to be delivered in April?
my thoughts exactly. hell, offer a 500 disc to accept PS4s with no voucer for cup2s. i'd have taken that.

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5

Again:
2021 Mach 1 HP, 6-speed, RSD, Grabber Yellow, 186 miles
$1,000,000

ICE is dead.

Hahahaha

IMG_1348.jpg

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yet that article doesn't explain to me why my handling pack Mach 1 loaded up with options from an early May order got cancelled in October. They had plenty of time to build it. I don't buy that BS excuse. It ultimately cost me almost an extra $7,000 because of the price difference I had to pay for MSRP instead.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Yet that article doesn't explain to me why my handling pack Mach 1 loaded up with options from an early May order got cancelled in October. They had plenty of time to build it. I don't buy that BS excuse. It ultimately cost me almost an extra $7,000 because of the price difference I had to pay for MSRP instead.
I can explain to you why.

With the limited parts availability, they could either
build your 700A HP car (or mine for that matter)

or build Bobs 600A HP car anad Johns 700A non-HP car.

They opted to build two cars instead of the one, even though the one was ordered first, sometimes by many months.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Why doesn't the article explain what they did to restrict horsepower?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Why doesn't the article explain what they did to restrict horsepower?
they shaved torque. about 2% at the peak. Either by restricting fuel or spark. If they were any good at their job they would have tried to fill in the torque to the left.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Yet that article doesn't explain to me why my handling pack Mach 1 loaded up with options from an early May order got cancelled in October. They had plenty of time to build it.
My December order with original March build date was build on 29th July. Others with January order (export cars) got built in December. They had huge backlog after those 3 closed months, on top chip problems for 700A, gas leak closure and last build date in October... Ordering HP was not even possible from like August since they knew they couldn't make it. It's not certain how many orders were affected but it could have been dozens? Sure, they could have squeezed them in October, it's weird they didn't, and shift some of the regular cars to next months. Maybe they had fixed quota for HP cars and lack of parts for them and it took this long to cancel the excess.

You should get the cars first thing in March and with honoured original pricing, how hard can that be...

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
they shaved torque. about 2% at the peak. Either by restricting fuel or spark. If they were any good at their job they would have tried to fill in the torque to the left.
So all in the tune. That doesn't make it easy for 22 buyers to get it back

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Or just get a GT. The mach 1 is already expensive without paying a premium.
It costs less than GT PP1 equipped for same purpose (with aftermarket). It is all about your needs. Check price of GT PP1 with Magneride, active exhaust and leather seats...
Sponsored