Sponsored

FORD'S SYNC 4 BRINGS BIGGER SCREENS AND OVER-THE-AIR UPDATES

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Time to get some manuals and watch some videos and then buy any parts/tools you might need to do the work yourself. When service shops of any kind fail, it just sucks. Hope it's not a software issue.
Agreed. I already have the Helm factory service manual and a decent collection of standard tools as well as a some specialty tools. Short of some major overhaul, I can probably handle most repairs.

Although upgrading firmware for the BCM (or other modules) would be difficult. FORScan might be capable, but I'd have a tough time getting my hands on the updated Ford firmware.

I do have the programmer that came with the FRPP power pack, but I'm pretty sure its capability is limited to flashing the ECU calibration and won't do the other system modules. For those, I'd probably have to go back to the dealership.

I wonder if the "You're up to date" message on owner.ford.com also includes firmware updates for the sub-modules in the car... Probably not. Most likely just the Sync Updates and mandated safety recalls. Maybe I'll have to do the occasional "check up" with a dealership.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Agreed. I already have the Helm factory service manual and a decent collection of standard tools as well as a some specialty tools. Short of some major overhaul, I can probably handle most repairs.

Although upgrading firmware for the BCM (or other modules) would be difficult. FORScan might be capable, but I'd have a tough time getting my hands on the updated Ford firmware.

I do have the programmer that came with the FRPP power pack, but I'm pretty sure its capability is limited to flashing the ECU calibration and won't do the other system modules. For those, I'd probably have to go back to the dealership.

I wonder if the "You're up to date" message on owner.ford.com also includes firmware updates for the sub-modules in the car... Probably not. Most likely just the Sync Updates and mandated safety recalls. Maybe I'll have to do the occasional "check up" with a dealership.
Have a good weekend. :)

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Not to argue that this effect isn't present . . . but can you explain why that should be considered a good thing? It sounds a whole lot more like vanity to me, where the least amount of personal physical involvement is being viewed as the best way to get things done . . . #becauseluxurious = we've got all these servants.

Dare I even suggest that to the average customer, things like image and style are overrated while function and actual need are underrated? Is it possible that among the generations that can hardly put their phones down, there is a real desire for all other aspects of life to be made to look, feel, and work in much the same way?

Norm
Again, I fall back to the age gap argument which is why I think alot of members here are not going to ever understand or relate. People my age prefer tech and touchscreens from what I have seen. Seeing a car with those features makes that car seem more worth the very high prices then the car with a multitude of buttons and a small low resolution screen from the 90's (ie base mustang).

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Hmm, where might they have gotten this idea? Too bad they'll have to push that through cell tower coverage..

tesla-model-3-sunset.jpg
That design sucks big time and would never buy a car that has everything in the center. I have a lazy right eye that I only can use for peripheral vision. I need everything of importance (like speed), in front of me or slightly to my left.

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
And I already sent an email to Ford stating:
As a 50 year old Gamer and active computer enthusiast, I will never by a Ford product that has a obtrusive screen such as your new Lincoln & Ford SUVs. NO amount of money will get me to purchase such a childish and unwelcoming cockpit.

^^
I needed to get a compact SUV and I looked at the interior of the upcoming Lincoln Corsair vs. the current MKC. I decided to get the MKC now because of the screen placement. The only problem I have switching between the MKC and Mustang is when I get into the MKC, my reaction is reach for the center transmission shifter and when I get into the Mustang, my reaction is to push the buttons for the transmission.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Can you look over your shoulder while reversing... and reach out and shift into D, without looking?
Sponsored