• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford's CEO Wants the Next Mustang to Be a Poster Car

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Some opinions are objectively wrong. Like thinking Nickelback is a good band, or that McDonald's serves food. One is a band-like substance, fronted by a singing bowl of ramen. The other is a food-like substance, that you be better off substituting with ramen. Dry.

Saying the S197 looks bad is another example.

5o0jox.jpg

But............what else else am I going to blast as I wait to order at the McDonald's drive-through?
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I also envision the next Mustang to be a poster car. The new Bronco is by all rights a poster off road vehicle just waiting for a poster , so why not have a poster Mustang.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My cynical side says wanting something is not the same as being committed to making it happen. However, most generations of Mustangs have had posters made of them, so I think the odds are good it will happen again.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd
I loved my 92 LX 5.0 Hatch 5 spd. Best car for the money I ever had. $16k loaded

I really liked my 98 GT 4.6 5 Speed. The dash was the coolest since the C2 Corvettes. Was tighter than the Fox body.

But.......

The 4.6 was such a disappointment I sold it after a year and bought a truck.

The 2013 GT500 was my last. My current is great car in almost every way. Very happy with. I would love to see it get lighter. Not going to happen.

Maybe better panel fit and all wheel drive.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Royal Crimson convertible
I don't think the S197 Mustang was any more plasticky or cheap looking than the Camaro of that time...oh wait, Chevy didn't make Camaros for most of that run. That aside, I'm sure that girl is way too young to remember when cars still had steel panels showing in the dash.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't think the S197 Mustang was any more plasticky or cheap looking than the Camaro of that time...oh wait, Chevy didn't make Camaros for most of that run. That aside, I'm sure that girl is way too young to remember when cars still had steel panels showing in the dash.
I really liked the exterior styling of the 2011 S197. Yes the interior isn't wonderful, but IMO especially the front end was very beautiful. At the time I also thought the SRA was fine and I didn't want to pay more for an IRS car. Since then Ford educated me on how wrong I was about the stick axle. I absolutely love the IRS by comparison. Body control is much improved - even with a relatively soft suspension that has greater compliance.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really liked the exterior styling of the 2011 S197. Yes the interior isn't wonderful, but IMO especially the front end was very beautiful. At the time I also thought the SRA was fine and I didn't want to pay more for an IRS car. Since then Ford educated me on how wrong I was about the stick axle. I absolutely love the IRS by comparison. Body control is much improved - even with a relatively soft suspension that has greater compliance.
Wholeheartedly agree! I was not particularly a fan of the SN95 but thought the S197 was as good a "retro" styled car as any of the ones that came out in that era. True the interior wasn't great but there were a lot that weren't. It also didn't age well, looking very tired by 2014 and the S550 really made it look even worse. My last stick axle was a '91 Caprice Classic. One of my favourite cars I ever owned over some 40+ years of driving, as good at being a luxo barge as my Mustang is a cruising sports car.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Wholeheartedly agree! I was not particularly a fan of the SN95 but thought the S197 was as good a "retro" styled car as any of the ones that came out in that era. True the interior wasn't great but there were a lot that weren't. It also didn't age well, looking very tired by 2014 and the S550 really made it look even worse. My last stick axle was a '91 Caprice Classic. One of my favourite cars I ever owned over some 40+ years of driving, as good at being a luxo barge as my Mustang is a cruising sports car.
I think they still look good.
S650 Mustang Ford's CEO Wants the Next Mustang to Be a Poster Car 2011 GT.JPG

GT Premi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT500 '17 GT350R '20 X5 M50i
I don't think that writer is even in the Mustang demographic. So, her opinion of the matter is worthless.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’d like to clarify that my comment about not aging well was in reference to the interior (and mostly the dash and centre stack), and not the exterior.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0