Sponsored

Ford's 2015 Mustang Website Leaks Specs and Details: Colors, Wheels and More!

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
The difference between magnetic and guard on the website is hard to tell... magnetic looks a bit duller (with a hint of earthly tones) dark grey, while the guard looks a bit more full (but with a bit of a sea green/bluish tone) dark grey... next to the black we have 3 colours that are "near each other".

Then again Ruby Red and Racing Red... I think I prefer the former.

I also seem to prefer the convertible... less fastbacky should mean a bit more headroom in the back for the few occasions I'll need it. My only concern is the 5-6 months of snow we have... never had a convertible before so not sure how the roof will deal.
Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
The difference between magnetic and guard on the website is hard to tell... magnetic looks a bit duller (with a hint of earthly tones) dark grey, while the guard looks a bit more full (but with a bit of a sea green/bluish tone) dark grey... next to the black we have 3 colours that are "near each other".

Then again Ruby Red and Racing Red... I think I prefer the former.

I also seem to prefer the convertible... less fastbacky should mean a bit more headroom in the back for the few occasions I'll need it. My only concern is the 5-6 months of snow we have... never had a convertible before so not sure how the roof will deal.
In over a foot we got last year in two days my 01 convertible never had issues, and it sat outside the whole time with all the snow over it. Been through a bunch of snow without probems

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
can anyone else confirm the colors for the vehicles above?
The Triple Yellow is rather confusing so far as well. In the opening frame of one of the videos it shows as really warm sunflower yellow, in the colorizer on the site it's more pale and in the video with the designer female it shows like almost green.

Now which is it? :shrug:

ARS

Threads
Reaction score
The more I look the more I like. I am sorta wishy washy on the front end but I think the rest is gorgeous. I love the rear end. They nailed this sucker imo. Great job Ford!!:D:clap2:

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
In over a foot we got last year in two days my 01 convertible never had issues, and it sat outside the whole time with all the snow over it. Been through a bunch of snow without probems
Snow in Texas?! :eyebulge:

Oh well, guess I'll have some thinking to do ... I'm also guessing a rear wheel drive beast at +300hp will be... er... difficult on ice and sleet :D

Maybe I'll get a winter car and keep the salt and snow off of the 'stang.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Snow in Texas?! :eyebulge:

Oh well, guess I'll have some thinking to do ... I'm also guessing a rear wheel drive beast at +300hp will be... er... difficult on ice and sleet :D

Maybe I'll get a winter car and keep the salt and snow off of the 'stang.
Yeah Amarillo is about the furthest north you can go, it's 14 degrees right now! The traction control helps a lot but it for sure isn't fun driving in it. Get a winter car! Lol

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
The Triple Yellow is rather confusing so far as well. In the opening frame of one of the videos it shows as really warm sunflower yellow, in the colorizer on the site it's more pale and in the video with the designer female it shows like almost green.

Now which is it? :shrug:
I agree, I'm confused by the new colors as well. It's almost like DIB in that it shifts with the light and angle. Not sure I dig that when I want consistency in color.

Gmxblazer

Threads
Reaction score
Yeah Amarillo is about the furthest north you can go, it's 14 degrees right now! The traction control helps a lot but it for sure isn't fun driving in it. Get a winter car! Lol
It really is not that bad driving in snow. I have drive all my mustangs modified in snow you just need experience in driving in it. Tires with good tread and don't drive it like its a jeep with snow tires and you'll be good

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
It really is not that bad driving in snow. I have drive all my mustangs modified in snow you just need experience in driving in it. Tires with good tread and don't drive it like its a jeep with snow tires and you'll be good
I drove a 1990, 2002 and 2005 in the snow. Let's just say the 90 was almost impossible at times. The 02 wasn't much better if at all. In fact the traction control hurt more than helped. The 05 was pretty solid in the snow and that was without the now standard stability control. So if you can't afford a winter car you should be able to do it in a much improved s550. It's an acquired skill though and you have to be smart about it.

Sponsored

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
I drove in the snow once in my 2001. Didnt go so well. I didn't hit anything but my summer tires made it impossible to get grip. I would slide a good 70+ yards from 30mph trying to stop. Trying to get moving was even worse lol. Better tires would have made a world of a difference.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I live in Norway, I know how to drive in snow and ice :D I have to right? Just not driven a RWD for about 15 years - and never anything with this much power... besides I don't have a garage (just a roof for some basic shelter) so the poor pony would be frozen 5 months a year ...

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I live in Norway, I know how to drive in snow and ice :D I have to right? Just not driven a RWD for about 15 years - and never anything with this much power... besides I don't have a garage (just a roof for some basic shelter) so the poor pony would be frozen 5 months a year ...
Time to start saving to build that garage! :)

KingofQueens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
posted this a few hours ago in the wrong thread..

There is a youtube video from SVTP from the Dearborn review. They stated that there is a color called "gauge green" or something like that. Could that be a color option for the SVT version because i dont see it listed on their site. It is somewhere between the 14-15min mark.
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]2YYA6CC_njo[/MEDIA]"]

Jigalo

Threads
Reaction score
Is there going to be an actual 50th special edition? I thought I saw rumors about it, but haven't seen a post yet.
Sponsored