FordPass app - unable to locate vehicle

Big

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I happened to notice that my FordPass app hasn't been finding my car. I did an internet search and someone recommended you log out of the app and back in, and when you log in it asks you to create a 4-digit pin. Once I did that, the app could find my car again. FYI
Sponsored

Berry79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550
How does this work. Have ford pass and never seen the find my vehicle option

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
Under the picture of your car press on the words vehicle details.
That brings you to the page with your fuel gauge, directly under that is vehicle location. If you press on that it will open a map and show you the cars location and your location.

moosestang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Vert
Did some research, as I don't see it either. Found out you also need "sync 3 connect". And searching their web site further shows that connect only comes with the 401a package. I only have 400a so I guess I can't get the location or lock/unlock features either.

OP
OP
Big

Big

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Did some research, as I don't see it either. Found out you also need "sync 3 connect". And searching their web site further shows that connect only comes with the 401a package. I only have 400a so I guess I can't get the location or lock/unlock features either.
Probably correct. I have the Ecoboost Premium model with the 201A package, and it's the Sync3 also. It is pretty cool - it shows you the tire pressure, odometer reading, car location. And you can start/stop the engine and lock/unlock the doors.

Sponsored

Berry79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550
Ive been doing some research as well, also have the 400A. Oh well

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
401A on GT or 201A on Ecoboost have the necessary modem to use FordPass. It is a cool feature to be able to remote start from anywhere. There are some other neat things as well. It is a bit like big brother watching, though. I recently received an email saying that my car had entered "sleep mode" to save the battery since it hadn't been started for a few days. Another time, I was notified that the "pre-collision assist" had activated due to closing in on another vehicle at a rapid rate. (A car had pulled out in front of me and I had to brake firmly.)

Wouldn't it be a kick in the butt to have it say "You have reached 120 MPH in a quarter mile. The police have been notified." LOL

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
You can buy Fords smartlink and it will add these features to any 15+ Mustang.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
You can buy Fords smartlink and it will add these features to any 15+ Mustang.
But I believe they charge a monthly fee for the use of the smartlink. The ford pass is free, my explorer has it. Doesn't work if you have no signal to the vehicle, I just found out two days ago when I was parked in a parking garage and the ford pass could not find my vehicle.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
But I believe they charge a monthly fee for the use of the smartlink. The ford pass is free, my explorer has it. Doesn't work if you have no signal to the vehicle, I just found out two days ago when I was parked in a parking garage and the ford pass could not find my vehicle.
From my understanding they are both FordPass, its just cars that dont have the built in modem need the smartlink. I have yet to get one, but I was told you get 1gb of data for the first month and two years of service (everything else). I also remember reading that new cars that already have it get five years of service.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Maybe, IDK. But I do remember reading in the manual, that it will only work as long as 4G is still around. If and when the major carriers upgrade their systems and 4G becomes outdated and unavailable ford pass will no longer work.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
I would have to think they would then sell a 5g smartlink. In any case, Verizon, which I believe is the provider they use, isn't even shutting down its 2g and 3 g networks till 2020, so I would guess we have at least 10 years till that's a problem.

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
Sync Connect uses AT&T. There is not a fee for using Connect unless you opt for the mobile hotspot. AFAIK, the only difference is that Connect models have a phone chipset imbedded in the stereo/Sync module. You can monitor selected data from your cell phone and lock/unlock from anywhere.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
If you're not seeing your vehicle, log out of Ford Pass, then log back in. It worked for me.

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
When I click on the "Find" icon in the FordPass mobile app it shows a map where I am - not where the Mustang is located.
Sponsored