Sponsored

Ford... What is your problem? GT500 owners, you need to read these quality control issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
I think the root of the problem is the labor pool. I said it before, they just don't care. A friend worked at Flat Rock and he had commented the general attitude towards work ethic was lacking. Back in the day, my wife grew up in Detroit. Those line workers made excellent money for a non educated labor force. Yet still they would do substandard work and sometimes even sabotage vehicles. I mentioned to my wife that my 500 has a door rattle which was due to trim parts in the door trim being loose. She said "oh, the old door rattle, back in the day, workers used to put stuff in the door to make it rattle on purpose". I didn't believe it and did a search. I came up with this....

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-rattletrap/

Then there is this...

https://tundraheadquarters.com/chrysler-workers-sabotage-ram/

Yea, I know its not a first rate publication, but maybe there is something to it.

I am in no way saying this is the case here, but it makes you wonder.
The management of large american auto companies does not give their employees ownership & treat them like adults (and then hold them accountable for their decisions and performance). The Japanese companies do this with extraordinary rigor.

True and very recent story:
We found a box cutter inside the turbocharger compressor outlet of one of our engines in a vehicle, a tool that is not permitted on the manufacturing floor. This was obvious sabotage. It destroyed the turbo compressor wheel and the charge air cooler.
Sponsored

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
The management of large american auto companies does not give their employees ownership & treat them like adults (and then hold them accountable for their decisions and performance). The Japanese companies do this with extraordinary rigor.

True and very recent story:
We found a box cutter inside the turbocharger compressor outlet of one of our engines in a vehicle, a tool that is not permitted on the manufacturing floor. This was obvious sabotage. It destroyed the turbo compressor wheel and the charge air cooler.
I can’t keep reading this thread. It’s driving me crazy and I’m scared to drive my Shelby now.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I can’t keep reading this thread. It’s driving me crazy and I’m scared to drive my Shelby now.
Its under warranty so at least you have that.

But I feel you. If I had the mechanical know how and means, I would go through everything on the car. Tear down the engine and inspect it for defects.

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
Rumor has it that this former aerospace engine builder now works on the Romeo Niche Line. Fresh off his recent successes on the Gen 1 Voodoo FPC engine, he's already hard at work on the Gen 1 Predator 5.2 mill:
grem8.jpg

Meanwhile, I'm picking up my new 2020 GT350 this week and I'm praying for a good vehicle, since there ain't no 2021 GT350 as a Plan B if my 2020 turns out to be a dud:
PubTThou01.jpg

Of course, I'm being facetious. Does stuff go wrong? On occasion it does, but odds are the 2020 GT500 will be as good or better than its predecessors!

jMB350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2020 GT500 CFTP, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
That is incorrect. It is right up against the radiator assembly. Furthermore the harness was put under strain to get it to go that way. I was an electrician many years ago. You don't bend and twist a wire any more than you have to. The correct routing would have exposed the harness to less heat and put under less duress. That harness is twisted up pretty good.

I will add to Tom’s issues. Painted of the top racing stripes with burn spots, driver side seat with scratch marks in the leather, black paint drops from the racing stripe in the primary color, picture dealer has of delivery car was loaded incorrect( sticker on the driver side door shoes them how to load rear driver side factory shock number was crushed. I am lucky that dealer didn’t add ADM on sticker but this cars is over 100k my Porsche came delivered wrapped and covered.

So gee, gosh golly shucks, I guess I'm just bashing on Ford for no good reason, huh?

Sponsored

Unclepetey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
GT500
These are my $10,000 painted stripes lol. Looks like a template was used. This is the area just below the bumper and above the splitter.

E1C8DCC5-23C7-40AE-8040-488A05E5D8CD.jpeg

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Unfortunately these cars are built on the same assembly line as the run of the mill Mustang. When you get a new M3 or M4 its based on a better build quality vehicle to begin with, this is just a fact of life. Its one of the main reasons I would have a hard time spending this amount of money for a Mustang. It may be a GT500 but its still a Mustang. To pay an ADM when the car is already close or over $100k would push me to another car to be frank. They are badass though!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Unfortunately these cars are built on the same assembly line as the run of the mill Mustang. When you get a new M3 or M4 its based on a better build quality vehicle to begin with, this is just a fact of life. Its one of the main reasons I would have a hard time spending this amount of money for a Mustang. It may be a GT500 but its still a Mustang. To pay an ADM when the car is already close or over $100k would push me to another car to be frank. They are badass though!!
And thank god I didn't spend any large ADM on the car or I would be livid.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
And thank god I didn't spend any large ADM on the car or I would be livid.
I'm livid to a degree and it's not my car.....

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Got intimate with her on the weekend, and was particularly interested in her plumbing... Transmission line was good :like:.

While she remained on top of me, I decided to look at her rear a little closer to ensure that the exhaust was all in order. Found a broken bracket on the rear stone deflector, but no sign of damage, ~$40 part. Anyone else notice something similar?

After getting out from under her, I got to wiping down the engine bay and found the weather striping on the passenger side of the hood 1/2 not attached. The push pins do not look damaged or used, it appears that they are simply to small to bite the sides of the holes. Only 1 clip on the drivers side found unattached. The weather stripping appears to be the same for either side, with 2 colors (blue and orange) of push pins, just rotated 180 deg. for the other side fitment. Anyone else have this issue?
thumbnail_IMG_0402.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0398.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0397.jpg

jMB350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Got intimate with her on the weekend, and was particularly interested in her plumbing... Transmission line was good :like:.

While she remained on top of me, I decided to look at her rear a little closer to ensure that the exhaust was all in order. Found a broken bracket on the rear stone deflector, but no sign of damage, ~$40 part. Anyone else notice something similar?

After getting out from under her, I got to wiping down the engine bay and found the weather striping on the passenger side of the hood 1/2 not attached. The push pins do not look damaged or used, it appears that they are simply to small to bite the sides of the holes. Only 1 clip on the drivers side found unattached. The weather stripping appears to be the same for either side, with 2 colors (blue and orange) of push pins, just rotated 180 deg. for the other side fitment. Anyone else have this issue?
thumbnail_IMG_0402.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0398.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0397.jpg
D42BC992-17D4-46B4-8774-10BB15B34BC3.jpeg

156EB623-B804-4106-9001-01385C5A1BA9.jpeg

F19F80FA-BFDF-404E-A5CE-254078809D65.jpeg

56A47B7B-1800-40CE-BD23-67DD4C6BF701.jpeg

BD21756B-BFF0-42C9-9115-3C2F73F0FAEA.jpeg

B0342F51-52EC-4133-B2CB-1B31F453EB19.jpeg

jMB350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
These are just some of my issues most paint related except for the driver side seat with the scuff mark
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.