Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Still No....

Rapid Red
Carbonized Gray
Antimatter Blue

BUT....

THE GT500 gets ALL of these colors in addition to Performance Blue?? SERIOUSLY.....WTF??? Why are you limited the Mach 1 FORD?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would settle for Velocity Blue as a strong second but I REALLY want Rapid Red! I just don't get it!! :explode::explode::explode::explode::explode::explode::explode:
Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Still No....

Rapid Red
Carbonized Gray
Antimatter Blue

BUT....

THE GT500 gets ALL of these colors in addition to Performance Blue?? SERIOUSLY.....WTF??? Why are you limited the Mach 1 FORD?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would settle for Velocity Blue as a strong second but I REALLY want Rapid Red! I just don't get it!! :explode::explode::explode::explode::explode::explode::explode:
They wouldn't have anything to get you excited about in 2022 I'd they offered all the colors this year right?

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
It's pretty sad that we can get any color at the Avis counter on the low end rental but can't get what we want on a $60K plus purchase.

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Houston, we have a problem...
- No 700A package offered.
- No Elite package offered.
- No Handling Package offered. Assume this is to the cold weather? Would be nice it this was explained.
- The performance wheel is the HP wheel. I'll take it for $395!!
- 9 Speaker stereo (3 speakers). ???
- Prob should list gas tax in the summary for completeness.

If you can't get the configurator right, begs the question - can you build the car right?

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
The semiconductor shortage has ford and every other OEM scrambling. Ford has cut some F-150 production and the outlook is grim for semiconductor production into late 4Q21.
Are you saying it is ok to totally Charlie Foxtrot the configurator when launched?

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Are you saying it is ok to totally Charlie Foxtrot the configurator when launched?
Four months late.

I fail to see how a semiconductor shortage leads to bad software. Or no Handling Package that is all or mostly non electronics.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It's pretty sad that we can get any color at the Avis counter on the low end rental but can't get what we want on a $60K plus purchase.
That's progress. [/sarcasm]

I remember when you could special order any color the manufacture ever offered for less than $300.

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I'd be asking some basic questions. Where was the process to verify information, accuracy and functionality prior to publishing? Who is accountable to ensure correctness and where did the breakdown occur? This is a customer facing configurator that makes Ford look like a bunch of tool bags.

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
Houston, we have a problem...
- No 700A package offered.
- No Elite package offered.
- No Handling Package offered. Assume this is to the cold weather? Would be nice it this was explained.
- The performance wheel is the HP wheel. I'll take it for $395!!
- 9 Speaker stereo (3 speakers). ???
- Prob should list gas tax in the summary for completeness.

If you can't get the configurator right, begs the question - can you build the car right?
Seems to me that the 700a package is now called the Mach 1 premium and that one has the elite package and navigation as an option. I don’t think you can order the handling package until the warmer weather.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Seems to me that the 700a package is now called the Mach 1 premium and that one has the elite package and navigation as an option. I don’t think you can order the handling package until the warmer weather.
Ford confirmed my handling package order on Jan 15th with a March 29th estimated build date

Sponsored

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Been waiting for this...yeah the color limitations are a real problem for me. I really hope antimatter blue and rapid red are added through the MY production, I don't even know if this is a realistic hope. Perhaps next model year they will offer a wider color options.

If anyone is reading this from Ford, we need to have wider color options, I want a dark blue or vibrant deep red, until that happens no sale. This would be my 3rd mustang, so you guys are limiting sales by not having more color options. Also be nice to have brighter rim choices for the Mach 1. Those optional Luster Nickel wheels (647) from GT Performance pkg would be great, brighten the wheels up a bit.

Yeah a dealer rep was telling me what a complete disaster the build tool was for the Bronco!

luster_nickel_wheels.JPG

Last edited:

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Weather doesn't have to do with the timing. It's just a B&P error.

You guys should have been on the Bronco6G forum when that B&P rolled out. :crackup:

OP
OP

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
It is pretty sad especially when the GT500 didn't have any colors held back in the first year. There is no doubt that people at Ford are playing some kind of game or just being jerks about it. When the whole mustang line including the Mach-E is available in Rapid Red somebody somewhere is being a horse's behind. How do you even have this discussion in the board room and think its a good idea? Seriously?? "Gee everybody lets build this kick ass car on the heels of our very successful GT500, GT350 and Mustang GT but let's hold back a few colors"...."Boy...what a great idea! Good Job Dave!!" I know it sounds silly but come on.

And as far as the price and build tool goes that is just an embarrassment. Ford is not new to this game. Maybe they just don't really care about their customer base and hard core enthusiasts. The people on these forums like us are simply the minority. I guess the general population really doesn't care too much about Ford offering what the people ACTUALLY want and really don't care about giving them a proper build and price tool. And this has nothing to do with any chip shortage but simply pure laziness and complacency. Yes, this is only a car but it is 60K car and it deserves professionalism.

As for everyone with a car on order congrats!! I can't wait to see them here. I will unfortuantely be holding out until 2022 and hope they offer Rapid Red in the final year.....Since I will keep this car a long time I will have to wait which is my choice alone but how sad that a company I have supported with several mustang purchases through the years feel they have to screw around with people......especially with brand new colors.....sigh

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to write the code for a simple B&P program, ask Joe Biden. Get one of those fired welders from the pipeline to do it.
Sponsored