Sponsored

Ford to make a major announcement on electric vehicles tonight.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The future:

I see massive landfills of dead batteries, disposed of EVs because owners won’t fork out $$$ for a battery that cost too much to replace after warranty period.

Excessive pollution output due to the necessary excavating/mining of materials from the Earth to make these electric vehicles, generators (motors) and batteries.

There isn’t any gains being made, just swapping one type of manufacturing with same end results - pollution. No one is looking at the big picture, the vehicle Manufacturers are being fluffed with monetary incentives to “switch” to EV platforms, or face future penalties for not doing so…

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I think it is a good idea to select TN and Kentucky to build plants in and help out the economy of those two states. We are not going to stop the progress coming in the production of electric vehicles. Will I buy an electric vehicle in the near future ? No ! , but I want to see Ford make lots of money so they can continue to produce those great ICE powered Mustangs.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
but I want to see Ford make lots of money so they can continue to produce those great ICE powered Mustangs.
Yeah, me too, but right now they seem to be doing it the wrong way around. They take the money they've made by selling cars and invest it in the production of kitchen appliances. Whether those kitchen appliances will, at some point in time, finance the production or proper cars, that's uncertain.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The future:

I see massive landfills of dead batteries, disposed of EVs because owners won’t fork out $$$ for a battery that cost too much to replace after warranty period.

Excessive pollution output due to the necessary excavating/mining of materials from the Earth to make these electric vehicles, generators (motors) and batteries.

There isn’t any gains being made, just swapping one type of manufacturing with same end results - pollution. No one is looking at the big picture, the vehicle Manufacturers are being fluffed with monetary incentives to “switch” to EV platforms, or face future penalties for not doing so…
To be fair, that ship sailed a while ago. Our insatiable thirst for portable devices that are replaced yearly guaranteed that already. The competition of adding electric vehicles won't help, but at least electric does remove a secondary pollution source and has higher overall efficiency. It's not solving the problem by any means, but it's a small bandaid.

Back on topic, I really hope they don't follow GM's lead and discontinue the petrol engine Mustangs in favor of some electric "sports car".

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I really hope they don't follow GM's lead and discontinue the petrol engine Mustangs in favor of some electric "sports car".
Well the handwriting is on the wall. Based on this announcement the last ICE Mustang may very well be the S650. Hopefully the Coyote remains available thoughout its run.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
The future:

Yes it’s the in thing right now. We still cannot produce enough power to charge all these cars.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yes it’s the in thing right now. We still cannot produce enough power to charge all these cars.
Exactly - heck, just this year alone how many national news stories/articles where there about this or that State during heat waves telling people not to use their home A/C because it's a strain on XYZ power grid.

I just don't think the big picture is being looked at from afar, instead of everyone just saying "EV's are the way".

Why not figure a way to make vehicles run on plastic water bottles - or plastics in general... LMAO, there's enough of that littering the Earth's grounds and oceans...

It's like years ago when everyone jumped from glass to plastic because of . .. here it comes . . .cost of manufacturing AND pollution. Look at what that gained.... a green earth with a shit ton of plastics all over it.

Ford's announcement may be great from one aspect, but overall - what are these vehicle manufacturing Companies going to do for the people who do buy EV, but then can't afford to replace the huge battery pack once it's out of warranty? EV's will be as disposable as your Mobile device or battery powered weed whacker... Will your future EV trade-in be devalued because the battery % is down to 50-40% of useable life and it needs replacement?

What are these Vehicle Manufacturers doing about trying to put out an EV fire? Are they offering training or suppression methods to anyone beyond their facility? We're not talking a watch battery or mobile device battery cell - some of the EV batteries are 2-3ft wide and 4ft+ in length or in some instances can fill the skateboard dimensions.

If one were to read the Mock-e owners manual regarding warranty on battery - there's already a ton of legal mumbo jumbo how if the battery is this or that it's not warrantable.... the "catch" that no one reads... and then gets skewered AFTER the warranty is expired.

Discuss....

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Exactly - heck, just this year alone how many national news stories/articles where there about this or that State during heat waves telling people not to use their home A/C because it's a strain on XYZ power grid.

I just don't think the big picture is being looked at from afar, instead of everyone just saying "EV's are the way".

Why not figure a way to make vehicles run on plastic water bottles - or plastics in general... LMAO, there's enough of that littering the Earth's grounds and oceans...

It's like years ago when everyone jumped from glass to plastic because of . .. here it comes . . .cost of manufacturing AND pollution. Look at what that gained.... a green earth with a shit ton of plastics all over it.

Ford's announcement may be great from one aspect, but overall - what are these vehicle manufacturing Companies going to do for the people who do buy EV, but then can't afford to replace the huge battery pack once it's out of warranty? EV's will be as disposable as your Mobile device or battery powered weed whacker... Will your future EV trade-in be devalued because the battery % is down to 50-40% of useable life and it needs replacement?

What are these Vehicle Manufacturers doing about trying to put out an EV fire? Are they offering training or suppression methods to anyone beyond their facility? We're not talking a watch battery or mobile device battery cell - some of the EV batteries are 2-3ft wide and 4ft+ in length or in some instances can fill the skateboard dimensions.

If one were to read the Mock-e owners manual regarding warranty on battery - there's already a ton of legal mumbo jumbo how if the battery is this or that it's not warrantable.... the "catch" that no one reads... and then gets skewered AFTER the warranty is expired.

Discuss....
Yes the batteries have a life of 5 or so years. The replacements are super expensive right now. If some cells go bad in a Tesla supposed to replace the entire pack not the bad cells. Most of the Tesla packs are 20k or more and might not get the exact one due to what’s available.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Soon everyone will go solar too. It is gaining acceptance. Considering solar myself, and I don't need to charge a car.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Yes the batteries have a life of 5 or so years. The replacements are super expensive right now. If some cells go bad in a Tesla supposed to replace the entire pack not the bad cells. Most of the Tesla packs are 20k or more and might not get the exact one due to what’s available.
According to consumer reports, the average new EV battery will last about 17 years at 12K a year, or 200,000 miles.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
According to consumer reports, the average new EV battery will last about 17 years at 12K a year, or 200,000 miles.
That’s might be the case if no cells go bad.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
ONLY reason they are going ev, is the C.A.F.E. regulations they have to meet by 2025 IIRC it is 54.5MPG fleet avg.
Never going to happen with I.C.E. AND the highway safety dept. required nanny and safety requirements that make vehicle heavy.
In a decade after 2025 when and IF ev's are the norm. The first area That floods or has any type of weather event that cuts power will show what a cluster this "idea" is.
I can see the news headline now. Thousands of electric cars power packs leaked into the flood waters, and into our drinking water, Do not drink the tap water and officials have no ETA on when, if ever it will be safe to do so.
Oil, and gas don't mix with water making removing them from water somewhat straight forward, The materials the batteries are made from, not so much.
Sponsored