Sponsored

Ford to build FPC VOODOO till 2020

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Lied is a strong word, things change all the time, at the time he made that statement it could have been 100% true

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Lied is a strong word, things change all the time, at the time he made that statement it could have been 100% true
Then in that case they would prove that their word means nothing.

I believe that the odds are more likely that Michelle made a mistake in gathering the information from whatever engineer, or a mistake was made somewhere along the lines regarding that the FPC 5.2 would continue on. If it does, it will be in the 350 as Jamal and Ford have stated, as I don't believe them to be liars. I think its more likely that they meant the 5.2 would continue as a CPC.

Like I said above, makes no sense to bring out a Mach 1 that is higher in the power game than a GT350, as that would make no sense historically, and we know that Ford has said they will not produce two Shelby's at the same time. I sincerely doubt they will wait until 2020 or later to bring back the GT500... so IMO I would bet that Michelle is mistaken, and that the 5.2 engine will continue until 2020, but as a CPC in a Mach 1 for the next 3 years alongside a new GT500 :)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I hope she doesn't get in trouble eventually for leaking as she appears to be going the extra mile of trying to get information.
Indeed.....although I'd have thought that employees in such an "inside position" would be told to be very careful what they say on social media.

next 5.2 will be cross plane crankshaft
read her comment to her post, 5.2 FPC
I read it and it will not be FPC.
We could assume that, if the Voodoo continues, it would do so in its current state......so the next 5.2 (not necessarily Voodoo) could well be a CPC (two speciality engines being built concurrently, 5.2 FPC Voodoo, and a 5.2 CPC)

If you recall, that UAW document that was "leaked" a while back (see link below), did state that the 5.2 engine would continue "with updates".

However, whether that meant the Voodoo as we know it would get updates, or whether it meant the 5.2 would also be developed with a CPC is anyones guess!

http://www.mustang6g.com/?p=7861

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
They are supposed to start offering the Voodoo crate motor sometime soon, I heard Raj Nair say so a while back. I'm sure the price will keep it somewhat exclusive, but it could be put in anything, Voodoo Pinto anyone? I know that would be stupid, but anything is possible. What would be awesome is a Factory 5 Mk4 roadster with a Voodoo, they would seem to be meant for each other, but I don't have a GT350 nor have I paid a big ADM on same.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Then I want to re-negotiate my R ADM ;)
Haha...first thing that came to mind as well.

:doh:

It's limited production / edition.....just kidding.

:headbonk:

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Haha...first thing that came to mind as well.

:doh:

It's limited production / edition.....just kidding.

:headbonk:
Either way you get an awesome car for a descent price and the value of the GT350Rs especially, will probably climb very nicely. Not exactly the same, but look at the Ford GT gen.1 cars, they have tripled in value the last 10 years.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
FPC vs. Hellcat? :lol:

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
They are supposed to start offering the Voodoo crate motor sometime soon, I heard Raj Nair say so a while back. I'm sure the price will keep it somewhat exclusive, but it could be put in anything, Voodoo Pinto anyone? I know that would be stupid, but anything is possible. What would be awesome is a Factory 5 Mk4 roadster with a Voodoo, they would seem to be meant for each other, but I don't have a GT350 nor have I paid a big ADM on same.
They specifically said the Voodoo would never be offered in their crate motor program to keep the engine forever exclusive to the GT350. They are soon going to offer the Aluminator XS though, which is a 5.2 CPC motor with the Cobra Jet intake manifold and a few other tweaks that puts out ~580hp.

Sponsored

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Who cares, just enjoy the car:)

I dont think it will be the same engine, they will most likely modify it to make 800-850hp and put it in gt500.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Either way you get an awesome car for a descent price and the value of the GT350Rs especially, will probably climb very nicely. Not exactly the same, but look at the Ford GT gen.1 cars, they have tripled in value the last 10 years.
I'm aware of the FGT values and don't think the R will trend in that direction. It wasn't the reason I bought the car. For me, I like exclusivity in my vehicles and making more makes it less special IMHO. Disappointing to me if they lied (or things changed).

They specifically said the Voodoo would never be offered in their crate motor program to keep the engine forever exclusive to the GT350. They are soon going to offer the Aluminator XS though, which is a 5.2 CPC motor with the Cobra Jet intake manifold and a few other tweaks that puts out ~580hp.
I also heard no FPC crate motors.... Time will tell.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Not sure why everyone has their panties in a bunch. Sure, I'd like fewer to be made to make our cars more rare....but other than Jamal saying the engine was just for the GT350 (and even that could change) - nothing has been promised. Everyone has a strong opinion about if the car will continue production in 2018+ but those opinions aren't based on any official word from the people who would actually make that decision.

This is all a very good example of WHY they don't announce plans too early (and other reasons) - If you tell someone early what your plans are, then you are accused of deception when your plans change. Why would they make themselves less flexible in decision making by putting ideas in the heads of consumers WAY in advance?

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
Doing my happy dance!!!!!!!!!!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
This is all a very good example of WHY they don't announce plans too early (and other reasons) - If you tell someone early what your plans are, then you are accused of deception when your plans change. Why would they make themselves less flexible in decision making by putting ideas in the heads of consumers WAY in advance?
Indeed.......I bet Mr Pericak regrets some of the comments he made in the very early days of S550 development about it "hitting weight targets". Everyone assumed that meant it'd lose a tonne of weight, when that wasn't what he meant at all. Probably just one reason they seldom talk officially about future products.
Sponsored