Ford techs joy riding my car...

emh87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium 6MT
So last week I took my car in for an AC clutch repair, and the recall for the door latches, and a couple of immature Ford techs decided that warranted a test drive. My car was barely on for 2 minutes before they took it out and just started beating on it. Literally not even 2 seconds out of the driveway. They were also talking about breaking clips on my door panel, and trying to hide scratches with Armor All. :frusty:

My dash cam isn't purposely hidden or anything, but it is up by the rear view mirror, it also plays a sound when it turns on, but I guess these guys were to preoccupied with wanting to joy ride it to notice.

I can't believe the amount of disrespect these techs had for my property, and for the safety of others on the road, especially in the rain. I mean my tires alone were $900, and the procharger isn't exactly cheap. Not to mention 701 WHP in the rain isn't exactly safe on public roads with what they were doing. The only thing that saved them was probably not knowing how to turn off the Advance Trac.
I have never been so upset with anyone like this before. :mad: :frusty: :mad:

Now my engine is ticking since I got it back from them.

If you don't have a dash cam I would recommend getting one. Mine is wired to automatically turn on with the car.

But here is the dash cam video of their unsolicited joy ride (Skip to two minutes):
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Lawyer up. I wouldn't even make communication to the dealer until you have one. I'd probably put this video on hold too.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Lawyer up and then get in touch with the general manager of the dealer directly. Tell him the video evidence you have and that you want reparations for the treatment of your vehicle.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I'm usually not one for getting lawyers involved, but I definitely would in this case. You'd be surprised how even just having a lawyer contact the dealership changes their tone. I'd hold off on posting to reddit or any other big media site until after you have a lawyer, as that may weaken your case.

As far as a lawyer goes, do your research and find a good one. Just because they advertise a lot, it doesn't necessarily make them a good lawyer.

Sponsored

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Ford should fire those two ****s... Don't ever fuck with another man's car!

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Lawyer up. I wouldn't even make communication to the dealer until you have one. I'd probably put this video on hold too.
Honestly what is with this country in being so sue happy? While I don't agree with the treatment of OPs car I don't think it has to escalate to lawyers right away. If it were me I'd work with the dealer first and if that went nowhere I'd look to legal counsel. This video along with a scathing review of the dealer should be enough to encourage them to work this out with OP.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly what is with this country in being so sue happy? While I don't agree with the treatment of OPs car I don't think it has to escalate to lawyers right away. If it were me I'd work with the dealer first and if that went nowhere I'd look to legal counsel. This video along with a scathing review of the dealer should be enough to encourage them to work this out with OP.
It's about using the lawyer to act in your interests when the dealer would otherwise blow you off. You're a little guy. The lawyer knows how to get the dealer if necessary, and applies enough of a threat to get them to make it right.

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
No fuck that. Do you honestly think this is the first time them two fuck heads have fucked up a customer's car then attempted to hide it and then to add insult to injury take the fucking car out in the rain and douche around in it. Lawyer up and don't settle on anything until them two are fired.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd

What is it with people assuming because you have a lawyer that you are going to sue to get rich? If the OP is entitled to receiving damages, then he has a right to that. If you think a business is just happy and ready to hand over money you need to wake up and smell the covfefe. Having a lawyer is just seeking council to assure you make the correct communications because businesses are very sneaky in regards to screwing people over... It only takes saying, accepting, or making one comment that can jeopardize outcomes. If they damaged OPs engine, that's a big fix, a lot of money and the dealer will be fronting it, not Ford, so they aren't going to be looking to just roll over and admit it. If they infact did, there is going to have to be proof, etc.

Sponsored

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Oh goody...and I was supposed to drop off my car today, luckily rescheduled for next week, but this makes me nervous...luckily I do have a dash cam which is stupid obvious because the cable just hangs and goes to the center console...makes me consider hard wiring it before I drop it off.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
yeah what a lawyer will do here is; drag it out and delay any resolution then take 1/3rd. im pretty sure the dealership has attorneys as well. plus once you lawyer up they are done with you. you are represented and they wont deal direct with you. fact.

you have all you need to handle this and should start with the GM. posting the video to their Facebook page and poor reviews are a great start if they blow you off. contact Ford direct as well. good luck.

squish71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp Orange V6
I agree with pulling the video first, Lawyer not yet. Having worked at a Dealership, I would give the service Manager the opportunity to view this video, and take action. A refund for the repairs and discipline for both techs. Test drive probably not warranted but to hot dog in the rain was just asking for an accident especially with that HP(jealous). 2nd option if #1 does not get results talk to the owner, then Ford customer service to lodge a Dealership complaint. Things to remember do NOT make threats, yell, flail your arms, be professional that could have been a huge liability on them if they were to have gotten into an accident. Keep it at lowest level and work up, Ford CS complaints about dealership raises eyebrows. Just my 2 cents worth good luck

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Nobody said sue them. A lawyer can advise him of his rights and a legal letter, signed by a lawyer, is usually more than enough to create an amicable conclusion to this event.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Man, I would be very angry as well. Those may be two of the most immature adults I have heard in a long time, they clearly have issues. I agree with others, talk to the dealer to ensure that they are properly punished and learn their lesson.
Sponsored