Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
attachment.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/shelby-american-says-disappointed-125528067052.html

Shelby Offers “Disappointed” Hellcat Customers A Deal On A Supercharged Mustang

a350a8a5eb6d16f1911242e569de70a325025958.jpg

“You can’t park a voucher in your garage,” says Keith Belair, Shelby American Chief Operating Officer, in response to Dodge canceling 900 orders for Hellcats and forcing would-be owners to wait until 2016 for their 707 horsepower muscle cars. In an effort to try snag those “disappointed” buyers, Shelby swung for Dodge today by saying it can build its 850 horsepower Super Snake immediately, and in return for jumping ship, the Vegas-based tuner will even throw in some upgrades.

While the free upgrade has a value of $2,995, as far as we can tell, it’s merely some fancy leather seating. Called the “Katzkin Package,” the picture Shelby sent in its press release (below) is of leather-wrapped seats with some red on it. Its website has no further description of the package, and neither does its release. So what is Katzkin? Well, it’s a company that makes custom leather treatments, so yeah, it’s probably that.

cc02f188e777b829eb93eac68c89b96b7980b071.jpg

Regardless of Shelby’s incentive, the car it’s offered within is mighty impressive — the 850 horsepower Super Snake. Based on a Ford Mustang GT, the Super Snake package adds a whopping supercharger, some bodywork upgrades and a wealth of suspension and exhaust tunings. It really is a totally new car, and while the basic Super Snake arrives with 750 horsepower, to get your free leather you’ll need to option the 850-hp upgrade.

What will that cost? $54,995.

On top of that you’ll need to provide Shelby with a 2015 Ford Mustang GT. Even the cheapest GT retails for $32,300, so the bare minimum you’ll snatch a Super Snake for is a tick below $90,000. In all likelihood, you’d likely surpass that mark, and despite both the Charger and Challenger Hellcats receiving substantial dealer markups, that’s still around $20,000 in additional costs.

However you do get an extra 150 horses, which isn’t insignificant: “(Buyers) now have the chance to buy the car that would have likely left their Hellcat at the last traffic light,” says Gary Schechner, Shelby American VP of Marketing. “And now they’ll be able to do it from the more comfortable seats of their Shelby Super Snake.”

The word “Hellcat” made social waves when it was first released over a year ago, and even now, it still holds incredible weight. It’s no surprise, then, that Shelby American would try to capitalize on the virality of it all by offering “comfortable seats” and throwing a few weighty punches in Dodge’s direction.

“It seems only fair that Hellcat customers should not be left without a car or the horsepower they crave,” continued Shelby CEO, Joe Conway.

Make some jabs, steal some headlines, show the world Shelby is still making fine muscle cars — which it is, by the way. But would this really sway you — a would-be Hellcat owner? And how “disappointed” are these folks, anyway? (The 900 buyers have lost what could become a valuable asset — a year one 2015 model versus a 2016 — so I’m sure many are.) Shelby says “the 850+ horsepower Shelby Super Snake is the perfect solution for power-hungry-Hellcat fans.” Let us know in the comments section if you agree.
Sponsored

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
Well, it's more like "Shelby" taking care of Hellcat waiting list, but that's a good strategy to get people talking about your company !

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
still out yo damn mind to pay $90k for a mustang lol. seen the super snake in person...but it's still just a whippled gt for 90k at the end of the day... NOPE

Sponsored

MJS-P51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic Metallic
still out yo damn mind to pay $90k for a mustang lol. seen the super snake in person...but it's still just a whippled gt for 90k at the end of the day... NOPE
....but still a numbered and registered Shelby. You're paying for the label/name as well:D

Tristar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Great Deal

I and a few of my friends love the 2015 Shelby Supersnake. It will hold better value than most other 2015 vehicles and 750HP along with a lot more upgrades than just adding the Supercharger. Its a good deal in my opinion. My one friend from Seattle got a GT for 29000 ready to go and the version of the Supersnake that he wants is $54999, and now free leather interior, I think he is in. His is Guard and the rendering he sent me of the Shelby Supersnake in his color was amazing. Total $84,000.00, A way better deal on a way better car than any Hellcat :-)

Chris

Dat37tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 64A
I'd not be surprised if they sway some die-hard Dodge fans but I'd think the price would still be a deal killer. There's still that $20k difference.

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That could be the biggest rip-off Mustang yet. $90k+ for a GT w/ a supercharger and some flashy exterior/interior bits. They offer the GT-500, GT-350, and try to sneak this one upon unsuspecting buyers. Shelby is like KISS if you are familiar with their marketing of some very nice stuff and a lot of crap.

I would bet that it doesn't have a fully forged bottom end, upgraded half-shafts, Billet OPG/crank sprocket, an upgraded manual trans., etc..,

The leather upgrade is too funny!

I can't see them selling more than a dozen of these; but you know what they say about a fool and their money.

MJS-P51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That could be the biggest rip-off Mustang yet. $90k+ for a GT w/ a supercharger and some flashy exterior/interior bits. They offer the GT-500, GT-350, and try to sneak this one upon unsuspecting buyers. Shelby is like KISS if you are familiar with their marketing of some very nice stuff and a lot of crap.

I would bet that it doesn't have a fully forged bottom end, upgraded half-shafts, Billet OPG/crank sprocket, an upgraded manual trans., etc..,

I can't see them selling more than a dozen of these; but you know what they say about a fool and their money.
I think you might be underestimating the Shelby name just a bit ;)

The Super Snake brochure does actually list upgraded FFRP half shafts at the very least....

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!

Wait, do you think Shelby builds the current gt500 and gt350 offerings?

Tristar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Here is a pic of the one my friend wants

2015 Shelby SuperSnake Guard

guard supersnake gt.jpg

Chris

Tristar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You get a ton of stuff for the money including the quality that is Shelby and the name alone. Some guys love to mouth off when they have no clue what there saying. Cracks me up kinda.

I don't have one, but If I could afford it I would.

Chris

I think you might be underestimating the Shelby name just a bit ;)

The Super Snake brochure does actually list upgraded FFRP half shafts at the very least....

MJS-P51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love this thing too...all except for that hood lol. Looks like the snake has some allergies and it's nose is swollen. Imo it's just hard to improve on the current S550 hood.